Donald Jones to exit 'John Murphy Show'

ricojes

Former Buffalo Bills receiver Donald Jones is leaving "The John Murphy Show" that is carried on WGR 550 AM radio and MSG after two seasons.

Mark Preisler, executive vice president for media and business development at Pegula Sports and Entertainment, confirmed Jones' departure in an email.

He said Jones will be leaving in the coming months "to pursue other opportunities closer to his home in New Jersey. This was Donald’s decision. We thank him for his contributions and wish him and his family nothing but the best."

Jones, who joins Murphy on weekdays in the New Era Field studio to discuss the Bills from a former player's perspective, has been commuting here from his home in New Jersey.

I think he was brutal to start and got better, but should be pretty easy to replace...

• Like (+1) 3

7 minutes ago, ricojes said:

Former Buffalo Bills receiver Donald Jones is leaving "The John Murphy Show" that is carried on WGR 550 AM radio and MSG after two seasons.

Mark Preisler, executive vice president for media and business development at Pegula Sports and Entertainment, confirmed Jones' departure in an email.

He said Jones will be leaving in the coming months "to pursue other opportunities closer to his home in New Jersey. This was Donald’s decision. We thank him for his contributions and wish him and his family nothing but the best."

Jones, who joins Murphy on weekdays in the New Era Field studio to discuss the Bills from a former player's perspective, has been commuting here from his home in New Jersey.

I think he was brutal to start and got better, but should be pretty easy to replace...

Freddie Freddie Freddie.... I think he would do well. 

• Like (+1) 4

10 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I used to listen to Murph more when he was on in evenings.... but also before Jones.  The two of them together constantly agreeing with each other is a brutal listen.  

They actually argue a ton. I don’t listen a lot either but when I do I think they hate each other.

• Like (+1) 3

12 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Sal Capaccio would be a good replacement.

I think Sal would speak his mind a bit too much for PSE

6 minutes ago, JMF2006 said:

Freddie Freddie Freddie.... I think he would do well. 

Same here..and am I wrong but Freddie does not live in WNY does he?

Donald did get better over time but I feel like we could do better.  I'm always jealous when the Instigators show is on.  Why can't we have something like that?  A show with football players giving each other crap and telling stories from the lockerroom.  Now that would be awesome!

• Like (+1) 2

12 minutes ago, freester said:

Murphy needs to go.  Sal alone would be fine.

I can get behind this.  Jones was/is pretty bad, but Murphy is an odd host.  The way he sets up questions, seems like its difficult to have a free flowing conversation.  He also never changes his voice.  

1 minute ago, kdiggz said:

Donald did get better over time but I feel like we could do better.  I'm always jealous when the Instigators show is on.  Why can't we have something like that?  A show with football players giving each other crap and telling stories from the lockerroom.  Now that would be awesome!

Yeah, the difference between the two shows is evident.  Doesn't help the more fun version leads into the football show.  

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, kdiggz said:

peters, rivet and marty are outstanding

tasker is horrible, even Thurman is bland

maybe jim Kelly, bruce smith, andre reed

1 minute ago, papazoid said:

peters, rivet and marty are outstanding

tasker is horrible, even Thurman is bland

maybe jim Kelly, bruce smith, andre reed

Jim can barely talk, Bruce lives in Virginia, Reed is trying to get into coaching and lives in CA.  I don't think that would ever happen.  I think best we could do is local guys that live around here like Thurman, Tasker, maybe get someone like Talley or at least someone with some pizazz!