Happy 20th Birthday to TSW!

Happy 20th, TBD! Thanks for your dedication, determination, and hard work keeping this place afloat, Scott. I posted a little on the old D&C board under a different name and lurked here for five years before finally joining in 2003 during the Takeo Spikes FA watch. Exciting times.

I have an anniversary today, as well, although not a happy one. I lost my mother to cancer 10 years ago today. Hard to believe, just as it's hard to believe that this board is 20 years old. It gave me pause to think about all of the great people who posted here over the years and who are no longer with us, one of them being BiB. May they rest in peace. Thanks again for this community, Scott. GO BILLS!!! 

Edited by ExWNYer

On 1/22/2018 at 5:54 PM, stevewin said:

I always thought in TBD mythology The Avenger posted the first message.  I guess the first "non-Scott" message...

"Al from So. Cal" - that's a sweet screen name

ICE, and bennie in ogden - omg

Not the first message. All I did was drop him an e-mail suggesting he create a message board to fill the void left by the demise of the D&C Hyperbills board and I think I may have destroyed poor Scott's life in the process, so I guess I'll have to live with that for eternity.....

• Haha (+1) 2

On 1/23/2018 at 10:44 AM, BringBackFergy said:

Happy Birthday TSW. 

What kind of birthday cake would be appropriate for the tailgate next year?  Maybe a cake in the shape of a giant pickle with green frosting? Or as someone said in that thread..."a giant abortion"?

Whatever it is, make it now and then leave it ground up in the freezer.

Edited by buffaloboyinATL
  • Haha (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, Just Jack said:

Thats how I found TBD, looking for Jill’s pics. 

Just as there was a generation of Bills fans who never knew what it was to go to the playoffs, there will be a generation who will never know what it is to see a Bills cheerleader 

Perhaps for the future we can aspire for a generation that someday says "What the hell was a Billy Buffalo??"  AND "They used to blow a TRAIN WHISTLE?  Constantly?  WTF?!"

Edited by stevewin
  • Haha (+1) 1

I missed the first few years(unless at one point there was a crash and everyone’s “join date” changed, but this place has provided for a lot of good football discussion and also non-football discussion over the years...

I am torn between two OT threads as my all-time favorite...homework vs. retatta.  lol 

Happy 20th TSW! ?

Happy 20th Birthday! A big thank you to Scott for keeping this page going.

I've met many great Bills fans on this board, and while I may not have been here since day 1, I did join in 1998, back in my AOL days.

There have been some great times and lots of sorrowful and anguished times here too, but that's the appeal of this board. 

I come to this board every day, getting whatever Bills discussion or any kind of discussion I can be a part of.

Lots of great memorable topics to look back on. One of my favorite "Off the Wall" topics was when we would discuss American Idol. There was one TBD'er who made the best and most creative critiques of that show. I wish i could remember who, but this person's posts were hilarious.

I've enjoyed making the movie threads for everyone to check out and I appreciate all of your comments on them. I do miss ajzepp, and his adding to the mix.

Then there are moments on this board that are more on the bizarre side. For me that was the discussion of "The Disappearance of Juror#8". I don't think that's what the thread was called, but I do remember that time. Nobody had any idea where Juror#8 had gone. Then months later, Juror#8 reappears, as if nothing had happened. :wacko:

20 years of great and not-so-great memories, and I look forward to more years with all of you here at TBD. Especially since this upcoming season, I will be going to Buffalo for the first time in my life. So I will need all the suggestions and recommendations from everyone here. I have never been to a Bills home game, and I want to make it a time I will never forget.

GO BILLS!!!!!

• Like (+1) 2