Is Tom Brady better than Jordan?

BigDingus

Is Brady Better than Jordan?  

108 members have voted

1. 1. Brady vs Jordan

• Yes, 5 (possibly 6) Super Bowl rings is more impressive than 6 NBA rings.
    • No, 6 NBA rings is more impressive than 5 Super Bowl Rings
    • Yes, but only if he wins this 6th championship.
    • No, even if he wins he's still not Jordan.

2 hours ago, Ol Dirty B said:

A team of 5 Jordan's gets destroyed in the post in that era.

I'm not really a fan of these cross sport comparisons. They really make no sense. It's hard enough to compare QB's from the 80s and 90s to QBs today, now we are going to start comparing a 2 guard from the 90s to a QB?

No thanks, I don't even know where to begin. Go figure ESPN would be the place that creates a conversation that really can't be had. 

So Jordan is the GOAT of what? Being a human being? You sound retarded.

And you sound like a grade a ahole. Who calls someone that?

GOAT team sport athlete. Should I spell it out to you Mr Genius?

Edited by MiltonWaddams

9 hours ago, Needle said:

My answer would be Babe Ruth. Hands down the most dominate player in his sport. Nobody was better in their respective era. No one is old enough to remember but the stats and history back it up.

One year he did have more home runs than the rest of the league combined, an absolutely amazing stat for any era.

11 hours ago, matter2003 said:

Based on what? Jordan had 6 championships in an 8 year period including 1 year where he was playing baseball. He had 3 more years where he retired before coming back for 2 more seasons where he averaged over 20 points a game again playing for the Wizards.

Jordan was an all time offensive player AND potentially the greatest defensive player ever as well.  Brady has no comparison to that. Hed have to be the best QB and the best defnsive player at the same time. That doesnt even exist in football. That puts Jordan several rungs higher than Brady by itself. Brady has 5 Super Bowl wins in 17 seasons now? Went 9 years between Super Bowl wins at one point? Jordan won 6 titles in less than that time span and was playing baseball for a year in there...

Based on Michael Jordan never had 300 LBS. DL trying to rip his head off while making a basket, football is a totally different animal than any other sport imo.

I’m a Knicks fan, and I made the mistake of missing the Jordan years because he was so dominant.  Couldn’t stand him and tried to downplay how good he was all the time.  Now, I take my kids to the b ball HOF and say “I saw the Ehlo shot!,” or flu game, or whatever.  Totally appreciate him now.

Probably hard to believe, but we’ll probably feel that way about Brady eventually.

12 hours ago, Needle said:

My answer would be Babe Ruth. Hands down the most dominate player in his sport. Nobody was better in their respective era. No one is old enough to remember but the stats and history back it up.

Throw in that he was out of shape and an alcoholic too........

Although I would disagree about Ruth, when i think of him, i think of HRs. I'm not thinking about how great he was playing the field, or his batting average getti g base hits, usually just the HRs.

It's like basing a WRs greatness only on how many touchdowns he scored....

He could win 37 super bowls and he would never be the goat. He's a lying, cheating, very good player. As far as I'm concerned, the asterisks next to his cheating seasons forever tarnish his name. Can't wait til he retires. No one will talk about him til he's inducted in the HOF. 

5 minutes ago, Success said:

I’m a Knicks fan, and I made the mistake of missing the Jordan years because he was so dominant.  Couldn’t stand him and tried to downplay how good he was all the time.  Now, I take my kids to the b ball HOF and say “I saw the Ehlo shot!,” or flu game, or whatever.  Totally appreciate him now.

Probably hard to believe, but we’ll probably feel that way about Brady eventually.

We might assuming more stuff doesn't come out on him.  

And hey in 94 I thought the Knicks got a break on that Hubert Davis 3 pointer where he was "fouled". Then again Jordan I used to think got a lot of benefit of the doubt calls.  Sorta evened out.

Still waiting for the Bills to get a break

46 minutes ago, BuffaloBillsGospel said:

Based on Michael Jordan never had 300 LBS. DL trying to rip his head off while making a basket, football is a totally different animal than any other sport imo.

Jordan never had 300 lb offensive lineman in front of him protecting him either...that doesn't even make any sense. 

So I could say Brady never had to worry about getting elbowed in the face 70 times a game with no helmet on either? And played over 5 times fewer games on top of that?

This doesnt even factor in that athletically Jordan might be 100 times more gifted than Brady AND can also process the game as intelligently as Brady does on top of that.

Of course you didnt bother talking about the defensive point I bought up about Jordan but why would you? It basically shatters your rationale into a thousand pieces.

Edited by matter2003

1 hour ago, apuszczalowski said:

Although I would disagree about Ruth, when i think of him, i think of HRs. I'm not thinking about how great he was playing the field, or his batting average getti g base hits, usually just the HRs.

He was also a very good pitcher as well

Its an interesting question.

I think doing what the Patriots did in this league is almost impossible. It is a lot easier to win in the NBA than the NFL imo. Jordan is obviously a better athelete but I think what Brady and the pats have accomplished is better than Jordan and the Bulls. As hard as it is for me to say.

However, then there is all the cheating.....

6 hours ago, apuszczalowski said:

His homerun totals are what people remember today. He was a monster though, in an era of small hitting. He had years where he hit more homeruns than many teams. He was at one point a top tier pitcher. He was the biggest legend in my opinion and even today you don't know anyone who doesn't know who he is. 

I saw an exhibit at Cooperstown where it had his bat and uniform. First of all, his bat looked like a log and his uniform was wool and looked like a king size blanket. The ball looked like a leather bean bag. The best part was a whole wall of letters he hand wrote to children in the hospital. Hundreds of photos with him and sick kids. One of the museum guides told me it was nothing compared to the amount they had in storage.

Muhammed Ali is 1b for me. Individual based sport and he was the greatest. He was bigger than everything.

Brady and Jordan are arguably the best in their sports but not in the same class. I'd even say Tiger is in that group too.

1 hour ago, Needle said:

His homerun totals are what people remember today. He was a monster though, in an era of small hitting. He had years where he hit more homeruns than many teams. He was at one point a top tier pitcher. He was the biggest legend in my opinion and even today you don't know anyone who doesn't know who he is. 

I saw an exhibit at Cooperstown where it had his bat and uniform. First of all, his bat looked like a log and his uniform was wool and looked like a king size blanket. The ball looked like a leather bean bag. The best part was a whole wall of letters he hand wrote to children in the hospital. Hundreds of photos with him and sick kids. One of the museum guides told me it was nothing compared to the amount they had in storage.

Muhammed Ali is 1b for me. Individual based sport and he was the greatest. He was bigger than everything.

Brady and Jordan are arguably the best in their sports but not in the same class. I'd even say Tiger is in that group too.

Not going to argue, he is the one guy almost everyone goes to when you think of baseball greats. Although personally I would want to put Nolan Ryan slightly ahead of him. 

When I am thinking of the GOAT, I would look at the player in all aspects of the game and as its been said, when everyone thinks of Ruth, pitching or defence isn't usually what comes to mind for the average fan, its homeruns. He is definitly one of MLBs GOATS, but I would struggle to bring him up in an arguments like this where you compare them to other athletes in different sports. Its similar to Gretzky, when you think of him the first thing that comes to mind is goals. You don't think of how well he could get back to play defence. NHLs GOAT, but I wouldnt argue him being the GOAT compared to other sports athletes

but I also struggle with considering Brady to be the GOAT in the NFL. From what we have seen of him, he has been on good teams, and even when he is out, the team keeps rolling without him. (maybe not as good, but still one of the better teams). Comparing him to manning, we have seen manning put up numbers on some bad teams, and with different teams/coaches. Brady has always been with BB and I think its hard to tell if he is really the GOAT or if its because of BB being the GOAT HC. Plus, Manning and his teams didn't have many cheating accusations and investigations against them......