Pats create PI when they are losing

Matt_In_NH

2 hours ago, Shaw66 said:

One thing they do in that situation is the receivers are very good at coming back to the ball to create the interference.   They do it all the time. 

It's just another example of how extraordinarily well coached and prepared they are.   Late in the game yesterday, on the play that Gilmore made the great leaping defense of the throw, the receiver didn't do what the Pats' receivers do.   He kept running downfield to make the over-the-shoulder catch if the ball got through.   It was the wrong play.   Put on the breaks, go up for the ball and Gilmore runs right into you.   Even though Gilmore clearly was playing the ball, the receiver gets the interference call on that play every time.   The receiver allowed Gilmore to make the play instead of taking the penalty.  

That makes great sense in a fair and balanced world. But they never would of called it. 

5 hours ago, JerseyBills said:

Bad day?

Only truth is being said, looks like you can't handle the truth man. They proved once again they are the best of the best . Down 10 with a quarter to go , that offense put on a clinic.

Jacksonville could have started by converting a 3rd down or stopping a 3rd and 18 . 

I'm done hating on them. They earned a SB berth, deal with it

They proved that if the refs blow the ball dead on a fumble they can stop the Pats from going down 27-10. They also proved they can score when the refs don’t call PI against them on third down for the Jags, so there’s that....

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Boyst62 said:
4 hours ago, RobH063 said:

I got an irreversible warning point for making a post like this. Please be careful. I enjoy reading what you have to say. Apparently there's no way to get warnings removed either!

Offer @Nervous Guy a back rub.

You're welcome. 

LOL, I'm good, but thanks for offering his services.

9 minutes ago, NastyNateSoldiers said:

That makes great sense in a fair and balanced world. But they never would of called it. 

I don't agree.  

I think Belichick is light years ahead of all the other coaches in the league, and he has the 18-year record to prove it.   The reason we think the Pats are cheaters is because he takes every advantage of every rule he can, and in doing so, he steps over the line occasionally and actually cheats.   He and his staff think of everything, they teach it to their players, and the players execute.  

So, for example, I don't see receivers come back for balls to draw the interference call nearly as often as the Pats do.  If that receiver had run back into Gilmore, he would have gotten the call, because Gilmore had been beaten and the refs give the call to the receiver when he beats the defender.   Gilmore made a great play, but if the receiver had stepped up into Gilmore's path and made a play on the ball, he'd have gotten the call. 

So, for example, Brady's really good at getting his team to the line of scrimmage and snapping the ball quickly to catch the other side with too many men on the field, or before they can line up to stop a quick dive play, or to take advantage of a mismatch.   Other teams try it, and many teams fail it, getting called for illegal motion or procedure, because they didn't get set properly, or jumping early, or one thing or another.  It isn't that the refs call it on the other teams and not on the Pats.   It's because the Pats are properly trained to execute that, and then they do it without making mistakes.  

So, for example, the Patriots know not to bring the kickoff out of the end zone in the fourth quarter.  They never do.  Why?  Because Belichick has figured out and he teaches his coaches and players that coming out of the end zone is a high risk, low reward proposition.   If you're behind, you don't want to burn the clock when you can get 25 yards without any time running.   If you're ahead, you don't want to hurt yourself with bad field position.   

Belichick knows the rules and takes advantage of them.   No one else does it like he does it.  

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, wiskibreth said:

I absolutely believe it's a tactical play call by the Patriots.  Go deep, get PI call.

I'm not saying whether or not the PI calls that go in their favor are bad calls, because the ones I saw yesterday seemed legit to the letter of the rules.

It does however seem to me that if a WR is trained to draw PI, they can indeed draw that call with very little effort or noticeable acting.

I'm convinced it is indeed a Patriot play call.

agreed. Hard to argue employing the method either. It has worked over time for them.

6 hours ago, Boyst62 said:

Can y'all Brady fan boys just stop before you need your stomach pumped?

!@#$ that team. I hope that city gets blown up, their players die miserably in a fire, and Belichick is found guilty of it all.

Please, just stop. Go to a god damn Patriots board if you want to mouth pump them.

You really need need to stop letting the Pats affect you so much.  Go outside, its nice out there.  

Its a game, relax.  

GO EAGLES!

5 hours ago, JerseyBills said:

Bad day?

Only truth is being said, looks like you can't handle the truth man. They proved once again they are the best of the best . Down 10 with a quarter to go , that offense put on a clinic.

Jacksonville could have started by converting a 3rd down or stopping a 3rd and 18 . 

I'm done hating on them. They earned a SB berth, deal with it

They earned my respect a few years ago.   

I'm sick of their winning, and they ought to be punished much more severely when they get caught cheating, but they are better than everyone else and they deserve the wins they get.   

They get calls because they create opportunities for the refs to throw flags.  

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Shaw66 said:

I'm sick of their winning, and they ought to be punished much more severely when they get caught cheating, but they are better than everyone else and they deserve the wins they get.   

and why oh why has the rest of the league not followed suit? or as effectively. I may suggest Pete Carroll has done that with Seahawks defense to some extent as to using DPI on nearly every play on every player for a couple seasons. It was ridiculously aggressive hand work

2 minutes ago, 3rdand12 said:

and why oh why has the rest of the league not followed suit? or as effectively. I may suggest Pete Carroll has done that with Seahawks defense to some extent as to using DPI on nearly every play on every player for a couple seasons. It was ridiculously aggressive hand work

Why?  Because Belichick is a better coach.   Somehow he's able to prepare his players, teach his players to do things, and then they execute them regularly.   Why does his entire offense get up to the line and properly set for a quick snap without motion or procedure calls?   Because they practice it until they can do it right all the time.   

I heard a retired player on the radio say that he had played for several teams and the Patriots were the only team that EVERY WEEK gave him three or four or five particular keys to look for in the guy who was lining up against him, things that tipped whether it was a run or a pass, a blitz or not, etc.  And he said those keys always were right.   He said no team prepared him to play in a way that was remotely similar to what the Pats did.   

3 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

Now because of Tom Brady you cannot hit QBs Tom Brady low in the pocket anymore either.

so you can't hit them high(which is fine)

and you can't hit them at the knees or lower which elimates diving shoestring sacks as well

Fixed.  Because it always seems to be open season on Cam Newton.

2 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

Fixed.  Because it always seems to be open season on Cam Newton.

I agree with this.  Brady gets calls.   So do Brees and Rodgers.   Newton gets hammered and no call.   Taylor too, for that matter.  

• Like (+1) 2

37 minutes ago, Shaw66 said:

Like in the movie The Sting, "what do you want me to do ,call him out for cheating better than me?"

8 hours ago, mattynh said:

This is very clearly a strategy Brady uses when he cant move on offense. He just launches it 50 yards down the field into double coverage and like 1/3 of the time he gets a PI call in his favor. The two calls yesterday seemed legit so dont take this as a refs love the Pats thread. I am just pointing out that this is clearly their strategy and they probably coach the receivers to make sure contact is made trying to get to the ball.

Frankly, as should we. There’s a reason a lot of us were upset we didn’t take more shots. 

Catch- good

pi- good

interception- not bad (like a punt) 

at some one point you have to create chunk yardage. Especially when putting up only 3 points like a quarter of the weeks you play

8 hours ago, Boyst62 said:

I didn't read all your post, don't feel flattered. I seldom read a full post.

But Belichick outsmarting Marrone is akin to a shaddow outsmarting a dog.

They can earn my disrespect. I go out of my way to punish Patriots fans because they deserve it and I'm an !@#$.   

So you're an !@#$ who doesn't read a full post but comments anyway AND knows about getting his stomach pumped. Got it.

• Haha (+1) 1

8 hours ago, mattynh said:

This is very clearly a strategy Brady uses when he cant move on offense. He just launches it 50 yards down the field into double coverage and like 1/3 of the time he gets a PI call in his favor. The two calls yesterday seemed legit so dont take this as a refs love the Pats thread. I am just pointing out that this is clearly their strategy and they probably coach the receivers to make sure contact is made trying to get to the ball.

Most teams do this.  Like 31 of them.  Buffalo being the lone holdout.

• Haha (+1) 3