Pats create PI when they are losing

Matt_In_NH

This is very clearly a strategy Brady uses when he cant move on offense. He just launches it 50 yards down the field into double coverage and like 1/3 of the time he gets a PI call in his favor. The two calls yesterday seemed legit so dont take this as a refs love the Pats thread. I am just pointing out that this is clearly their strategy and they probably coach the receivers to make sure contact is made trying to get to the ball.

• Like (+1) 5

Can y'all Brady fan boys just stop before you need your stomach pumped?

!@#$ that team. I hope that city gets blown up, their players die miserably in a fire, and Belichick is found guilty of it all.

Please, just stop. Go to a god damn Patriots board if you want to mouth pump them.

• Like (+1) 9
  • Sad 1
  • Haha (+1) 12
  • Thank you (+1) 5

If I'm WR and I know I don't have enough seperation on a long ball I would adjust my stride and get the defender to bump me and then I would ham it up after contact to draw the flag.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Boyst62 said:

!@#$ that team. I hope that city gets blown up, their players die miserably in a fire, and Belichick is found guilty of it all.

Please, just stop. Go to a god damn Patriots board if you want to mouth pump them.

Awesome post. Just awesome.

• Like (+1) 2

10 minutes ago, Boyst62 said:

Bad day?

Only truth is being said, looks like you can't handle the truth man. They proved once again they are the best of the best . Down 10 with a quarter to go , that offense put on a clinic.

Jacksonville could have started by converting a 3rd down or stopping a 3rd and 18 . 

I'm done hating on them. They earned a SB berth, deal with it

19 minutes ago, mattynh said:

This is very clearly a strategy Brady uses when he cant move on offense. He just launches it 50 yards down the field into double coverage and like 1/3 of the time he gets a PI call in his favor. The two calls yesterday seemed legit so dont take this as a refs love the Pats thread. I am just pointing out that this is clearly their strategy and they probably coach the receivers to make sure contact is made trying to get to the ball.

100% agree that this is the strategy.  If he's got a 20% chance of completion, he's also got a 20% chance of a PI call.

BUT... I do think the refs (and the rest of the league) expect the PATs to always win and have a much easier time throwing these flags.

5 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

Bad day?

Only truth is being said, looks like you can't handle the truth man. They proved once again they are the best of the best . Down 10 with a quarter to go , that offense put on a clinic.

Jacksonville could have started by converting a 3rd down or stopping a 3rd and 18 . 

They've earned nothing.  #unknowngate.

• Haha (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Jobot said:

100% agree that this is the strategy.  If he's got a 20% chance of completion, he's also got a 20% chance of a PI call.

BUT... I do think the refs (and the rest of the league) expect the PATs to always win and have a much easier time throwing these flags.

the better teams are in the right spot at the right time and play the game right, so yeah they will get more calls

have you ever reffed a game in any sport?  the better team carries the game

as well, people bitterly watching a game hoping a dire underdog wins, just waiting for the first fake non-call to get all blustery are beyond pathetic

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

Bad day?

I didn't read all your post, don't feel flattered. I seldom read a full post.

But Belichick outsmarting Marrone is akin to a shaddow outsmarting a dog.

They can earn my disrespect. I go out of my way to punish Patriots fans because they deserve it and I'm an !@#$.   

I absolutely believe it's a tactical play call by the Patriots.  Go deep, get PI call.

I'm not saying whether or not the PI calls that go in their favor are bad calls, because the ones I saw yesterday seemed legit to the letter of the rules.

It does however seem to me that if a WR is trained to draw PI, they can indeed draw that call with very little effort or noticeable acting.

I'm convinced it is indeed a Patriot play call.

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, wiskibreth said:

I absolutely believe it's a tactical play call by the Patriots.  Go deep, get PI call.

I'm not saying whether or not the PI calls that go in their favor are bad calls, because the ones I saw yesterday seemed legit to the letter of the rules.

It does however seem to me that if a WR is trained to draw PI, they can indeed draw that call with very little effort or noticeable acting.

I'm convinced it is indeed a Patriot play call.

I generally won't stand up for anything in Boston, but most teams use that tactic. Not a dirty move. Things happen all the time down field. Take a risk and sling it out there 

28 minutes ago, row_33 said:

All the PI calls were 100% legit yesterday.

No way, that call at the end of the half was terrible. The Jags defender played great defense and forced Cooks to the boundary. The defender has every right to his position. The red should no the difference between getting in a receivers way when he tries to come back for the ball, which this wasn’t  the case as the ball went over their heads and good defense that just forces the receiver to a point on the field where he doesn’t have room to maneuver. That was a gift.

• Like (+1) 6
  • Thank you (+1) 3

17 minutes ago, row_33 said:

the better teams are in the right spot at the right time and play the game right, so yeah they will get more calls

have you ever reffed a game in any sport?  the better team carries the game

as well, people bitterly watching a game hoping a dire underdog wins, just waiting for the first fake non-call to get all blustery are beyond pathetic

Wow, not everyone on these boards is typing next to a box of kleenex....

The Jags lost the game on their own, don't get me wrong.  But the PATs definitely have the 'unbeatable Tiger Woods air' to them, which makes opponents crumble under pressure... AND makes it easier for a ref to throw a flag.

The PI call at the end of the half was a terrible call based on that exact play NEVER getting called in the regular season games.  However... I would still have bet the PATs scored a TD at the end of the half regardless of this one call.

• Like (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, ddaryl said:

If I'm WR and I know I don't have enough seperation on a long ball I would adjust my stride and get the defender to bump me and then I would ham it up after contact to draw the flag.

Just as a soccer player... pathetic!

2 minutes ago, Watkins90 said:

No way, that call at the end of the half was terrible. The Jags defender played great defense and forced Cooks to the boundary. The defender has every right to his position. The red should no the difference between getting in a receivers way when he tries to come back for the ball, which this wasn’t  the case as the ball went over their heads and good defense that just forces the receiver to a point on the field where he doesn’t have room to maneuver. That was a gift.

Exactly correct! The defender is allowed to use the sideline as an extra defender. Terrible call!

10 minutes ago, Antonio said:

Just as a soccer player... pathetic!

It will get the defender to back off some which will give me the space i need. All with in the rules.

Nothing pathetic about it at all....