Pats create PI when they are losing

Matt_In_NH

4 hours ago, mattynh said:

Take it easy man I don't think I have uncovered some secret here.   Do other teams do this? yes.   No one is as successful at having it work than the Pats though.  Shaw66 is right, the WR's are coached to draw the flag, I am convinced of it, I am sure they practice it when most teams I bet  do not.  

What team is NOT "coaching" their WRs to do this??

Anyway, Steelers, Texans, Chargers and Vikings all had more PI calls for them than NE.  NE averaged less than 1 call for them per game this season.

10 hours ago, mattynh said:

This is very clearly a strategy Brady uses when he cant move on offense. He just launches it 50 yards down the field into double coverage and like 1/3 of the time he gets a PI call in his favor. The two calls yesterday seemed legit so dont take this as a refs love the Pats thread. I am just pointing out that this is clearly their strategy and they probably coach the receivers to make sure contact is made trying to get to the ball.

Absolutely!

8 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

Wait.....do other NFL QB's know about this "strategy"?? 

You've blown the lid off this man!!

Anyway, the PI call before the half wasn't double coverage.

True it wasn’t double coverage.

Also wasn’t PI!

10 hours ago, Boyst62 said:

Can y'all Brady fan boys just stop before you need your stomach pumped?

!@#$ that team. I hope that city gets blown up, their players die miserably in a fire, and Belichick is found guilty of it all.

Please, just stop. Go to a god damn Patriots board if you want to mouth pump them.

Jesus you're such a douche.

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Shaw66 said:

I don't agree.  

I think Belichick is light years ahead of all the other coaches in the league, and he has the 18-year record to prove it.   The reason we think the Pats are cheaters is because he takes every advantage of every rule he can, and in doing so, he steps over the line occasionally and actually cheats.   He and his staff think of everything, they teach it to their players, and the players execute.  

So, for example, I don't see receivers come back for balls to draw the interference call nearly as often as the Pats do.  If that receiver had run back into Gilmore, he would have gotten the call, because Gilmore had been beaten and the refs give the call to the receiver when he beats the defender.   Gilmore made a great play, but if the receiver had stepped up into Gilmore's path and made a play on the ball, he'd have gotten the call. 

So, for example, Brady's really good at getting his team to the line of scrimmage and snapping the ball quickly to catch the other side with too many men on the field, or before they can line up to stop a quick dive play, or to take advantage of a mismatch.   Other teams try it, and many teams fail it, getting called for illegal motion or procedure, because they didn't get set properly, or jumping early, or one thing or another.  It isn't that the refs call it on the other teams and not on the Pats.   It's because the Pats are properly trained to execute that, and then they do it without making mistakes.  

So, for example, the Patriots know not to bring the kickoff out of the end zone in the fourth quarter.  They never do.  Why?  Because Belichick has figured out and he teaches his coaches and players that coming out of the end zone is a high risk, low reward proposition.   If you're behind, you don't want to burn the clock when you can get 25 yards without any time running.   If you're ahead, you don't want to hurt yourself with bad field position.   

Belichick knows the rules and takes advantage of them.   No one else does it like he does it.  

I realize what your saying bout i believe there is a bias in favor Pats . They never end up on the victim side of the calls.  I was telling my buddies before the gm started to dethrone these Pat's the Jags going to have to beat Refs also.  

If Bellichick was really some genius coach then the guys under him that go elsewhere would have success having learned from him. This is simply not the case, there is something tainted about the Patriots* organisation, in a league with so many moving parts and so many variables it is simply not possible for them to make the superbowl 50% of the seasons tom brady has played without cheating. 

4 hours ago, Jasovon said:

If Bellichick was really some genius coach then the guys under him that go elsewhere would have success having learned from him. This is simply not the case, there is something tainted about the Patriots* organisation, in a league with so many moving parts and so many variables it is simply not possible for them to make the superbowl 50% of the seasons tom brady has played without cheating. 

Why would genius require passing it on to others you have taught? 

Genius is innate.  It isn't passed on to another by teaching.

9 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Why would genius require passing it on to others you have taught? 

Genius is innate.  It isn't passed on to another by teaching.

So his coordinators watch the way he prepares for teams and then when they go elsewhere just don't bother doing the same. He doesn't have some magic way of game planning that other coaches don't, he cheats. 

Just now, Jasovon said:

So his coordinators watch the way he prepares for teams and then when they go elsewhere just don't bother doing the same. He doesn't have some magic way of game planning that other coaches don't, he cheats. 

What don't you get about this?  How many of Einstein's students became like Einstein?  He does what he can for them and they succeed or fail based on their own skills and decisions.

He obviously has a way of gameplanning that others don't.

26 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

What don't you get about this?  How many of Einstein's students became like Einstein?  He does what he can for them and they succeed or fail based on their own skills and decisions.

He obviously has a way of gameplanning that others don't.

This is football not quantum physics, the Patriots* are a massive statistical anomaly in the NFL which given all of the data we have from years of Football is a good indication that something is awry. 

22 hours ago, Boyst62 said:

Can y'all Brady fan boys just stop before you need your stomach pumped?

!@#$ that team. I hope that city gets blown up, their players die miserably in a fire, and Belichick is found guilty of it all.

Please, just stop. Go to a god damn Patriots board if you want to mouth pump them.

"Well, Yes, Mrs Lincoln, but Other than That, How did you like the play?"  Bit rough on the city of Boston, mate. 

20 hours ago, RobH063 said:

I got an irreversible warning point for making a post like this. Please be careful. I enjoy reading what you have to say. Apparently there's no way to get warnings removed either!

Pro tip: show up at tailgates and feed your meat to the mods.  Gains you much slack.

At least, that's my hypothesis to explain Cow-man. 

I wouldn't worry about the warning point.  Sometimes it's a badge of honor.

Edited by Hapless Bills Fan
  • Haha (+1) 1

57 minutes ago, Jasovon said:

This is football not quantum physics, the Patriots* are a massive statistical anomaly in the NFL which given all of the data we have from years of Football is a good indication that something is awry. 

The Yankees WON 17 World Series between 1932-62.  Form 96-2000, they won 4 of 5 WS.  How do you explain that "massive statistical anomaly"?  What's their dark secret?  the 49ers won 4 SBs (and went to 6 NFCC games) in only 10 years of Montana and Walsh--how is that possible?

Look, on Sunday, a team with perhaps the best D in the league had NE down by 2 scores in the 4th Q and had already knocked out their second best player before halftime----and they still lost!  They choked. 

It's NOT quantum physics.... 

12 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Look, on Sunday, a team with perhaps the best D in the league had NE down by 2 scores in the 4th Q and had already knocked out their second best player before halftime----and they still lost!  They choked. 

It's NOT quantum physics.... 

I agree that the Jags choked, but both the Pittsburgh and the NE playoff games proved that their defense was/is overrated. Consider that during the regular season, they beat exactly ONE playoff team (Pittsburgh). They had a cupcake schedule this year.

5 minutes ago, John in Jax said:

I agree that the Jags choked, but both the Pittsburgh and the NE playoff games proved that their defense was/is overrated. Consider that during the regular season, they beat exactly ONE playoff team (Pittsburgh). They had a cupcake schedule this year.

That D is stacked with talent.  They were smothering Brady and the passing game.

The point is that Jax had the pats where they wanted them and then let it get away.  Last year, Matty King of Choke and the Atlanta Gaggers couldn't put away a blowout SB game.