Shady Wants to Keep His "Lil Coins" in 2018

2 hours ago, Shotgunner said:

I love Shady, but he's not worth that number.

His negative yardage plays exploded this year, and those are drive killers.

I won't even comment on "lil coins" other than saying the mean income for Americans in 2017 was about $46,500.

While I agree with the negative yardage point of your post, I do credit some of that to Dennison. Not all... but especially in the first half of the season, you could see a definite difference with the same RB and same OL, with the exception of Dawkins (who IMO is better than Cordy anyway)

1 hour ago, Wayne Arnold said:

Shady responded to him. Is he not allowed to respond back?

if that response is telling an athlete an organization needs to restructure their contract, no.

McD is about building, and the process.  This guy is a potential HOF player and seems well liked, plays hard and plays hurt.  The Bills should issue a statement saying "at this time we have no interest in any contract change, Shady is a key piece of our team."    Its always been said its hard to bring FA players in to Buffalo, this is a move that could help change that.  

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, Shotgunner said:

I love Shady, but he's not worth that number.

His negative yardage plays exploded this year, and those are drive killers.

I won't even comment on "lil coins" other than saying the mean income for Americans in 2017 was about $46,500.

You have to remember that the average American has yards per carry under 2.  Less than 2 ypc is putrid.  And that doesn't even factor in yards after contact which was basically 0.  In the super bowl era, the average American's all purpose yards per season is under 200!!!! Thats the right, the average American isn't even a contributor on special teams!!!!

Given the context, I'd say the average American is getting fairly comped.  You got an issue with it, take it up with the NFLPA not my man Shady.

23 minutes ago, Steve Billieve said:

9 mil is a low cap hit for your number 1 receiver.

Or a guy who accounted for 31% of the team's total offense (1586 rushing and receiving yards out of a total of 5,103)...

Edited by Lurker

1 hour ago, dpberr said:

If I'm the Bills, I pay him in 2018 and don't screw it up.  

You start screwing around with the salary or cut him, you're creating unnecessary, avoidable issues on a variety of levels.  

We just made the playoffs for the first time in nearly two decades.  You don't cut the man who is arguably the face of the franchise and the engine to your offense.    

I totally agree.  That's why I think this guy on twitter is a nefarious Jets or Dolphins fan!  

Edited by RyanC883

He’s our best player and an elite running back that has been the model citizen and a good team leader.  Not one team in the league has been worried about us passing on them.  Every one plays the run vs us. His ypc reflected that and a poor game planning from our OC.  Yes, he’s paid more than any rb in the league.  He’s also the most important rb in the league in comparison to how vital he is to a teams offense.  He’s only GREAT offensive player.  

• Like (+1) 2