Shady Wants to Keep His "Lil Coins" in 2018

7 minutes ago, Shotgunner said:

Yeah because that's what I said.... Come on now.

Didn't say cut him, but objectively he is not worth nearly 9 million.

But if you want to make up things I said or create a controversy, carry on.

What's your solution, then? Contracts are two-way streets, so the Bills aren't going to successfully demand he renegotiate for less money.

Oh, and in what universe is over 30% of your offense not worth an $8.9 million cap hit?

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Boyst62 said:

What is this guys point in engaging him with this?

Because he started a dialogue about his contract. Why would he not engage? He's not being disrespectful. Just saying maybe he should restructure.

Personally I don't see the need. The Bills are going pick up plenty of young talent in the draft and don't need any huge FA signings. I don't want them to get a FA QB.

44 minutes ago, Shotgunner said:

I love Shady, but he's not worth that number.

His negative yardage plays exploded this year, and those are drive killers.

I won't even comment on "lil coins" other than saying the mean income for Americans in 2017 was about $46,500.

Mean what? Household? Per capita? Family? And no, there has not been reported income for 2017 yet. That number was pulled from 2016 estimates provided by the Census. 2017 won't be available until the fall. And median is the more appropriate measure as it's not subject to outliers. Here's why, that numbers seems respectable since it's per capita income, meaning the average persons makes $46.5k. However, the median is 31,099 which means simply that half make more and half make less, a better measure. That is your nerd moment of the day.

So yeah a paycut isn't something McCoy should cry about. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Koko78 said:

Publicity? Generate hits for his website?

All I can come up with.

To publicly call out a guy to take a pay cut in a message for the world to see is a dick move. 

3 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I think that he felt Shady didn’t understand that he could keep his lil coins but still save cap so was explaining that 

I don't disagree, at all, with the point.

Letting McCoy decide what he wants to do with his money or speaking on behalf of the Bills... Hmm

1 minute ago, Boyst62 said:

All I can come up with.

To publicly call out a guy to take a pay cut in a message for the world to see is a dick move. 

He pointed out his cap hit. Then suggested a restructure would give him more money now and alleviate the hit. I don't see him being a dick, this is the buisness. NFL contracts are a joke in comparison to other major sports. The structure matters more than the $.

• Like (+1) 1

55 minutes ago, Shotgunner said:

I love Shady, but he's not worth that number.

His negative yardage plays exploded this year, and those are drive killers.

I won't even comment on "lil coins" other than saying the mean income for Americans in 2017 was about $46,500.

This was a lot more Dennison and the OL than anything.

And now Dennison has been quickly let go.

Shady's worth it. Let him have it.

1 minute ago, transplantbillsfan said:

They can let him have it because at this point it would be foolish to be making any big FA splashes. Unless that splash is Cousins.

They need to add more young talent and make their FA splash in another couple years. 

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Boyst62 said:

What is this guys point in engaging him with this?

The guys is a faceless accountant, not the leader of the free world, he's probably pumped a player is tweeting him. You telling me if Shady tweeted at you that you wouldn't respond?

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, ndirish1978 said:

The guys is a faceless accountant, not the leader of the free world, he's probably pumped a player is tweeting him. You telling me if Shady tweeted at you that you wouldn't respond?

Yes. "bababooey bababooey, Howard Stern's penis" would be my reply.

Our O-Line is very average, Shady is what makes this offense go at the moment. Castillo is a bad O-Line coach who I wish was replaced when we hired a new OC. My main focus would be to find a upgrade at QB and start rebuilding the O-Line. If we had some form of passing threat that moved the safties and LB's back in coverage Shady would have a MVP type season.

I would love to use Shady how the Saints use Kamara.

• Like (+1) 1

I expect McCoy to have a huge year next season and earn every penny of that cap hit. 

Brian Daboll has consistently improved the running game wherever he's been, and in many cases he drastically improved it. Yards per attempt has historically shot up under him, as has total rushing yards, rushing TDs (etc). 

Plus, we know the Bills O line is good with a power run scheme and that's what Daboll primarily runs. 

Edited by BillsFan4

If I'm the Bills, I pay him in 2018 and don't screw it up.  

You start screwing around with the salary or cut him, you're creating unnecessary, avoidable issues on a variety of levels.  

We just made the playoffs for the first time in nearly two decades.  You don't cut the man who is arguably the face of the franchise and the engine to your offense.    

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Koko78 said:

What's your solution, then? Contracts are two-way streets, so the Bills aren't going to successfully demand he renegotiate for less money.

Oh, and in what universe is over 30% of your offense not worth an $8.9 million cap hit?

Why caan't they restructure? Like it or not, Shady is declining. 

And I know, it is true he was 30%+ of the offense, but that was just over 1100 yards. It's only 30% because we have no passing attack at all.

1 hour ago, zonabb said:

Mean what? Household? Per capita? Family? And no, there has not been reported income for 2017 yet. That number was pulled from 2016 estimates provided by the Census. 2017 won't be available until the fall. And median is the more appropriate measure as it's not subject to outliers. Here's why, that numbers seems respectable since it's per capita income, meaning the average persons makes $46.5k. However, the median is 31,099 which means simply that half make more and half make less, a better measure. That is your nerd moment of the day.

So yeah a paycut isn't something McCoy should cry about. 

You are right it was from 2016, and my number was head of household... Either way 31099 would make my point just the same.

To be fair I don't think Shady is crying about it, but he knows the value isn't there and thats why he addressed the spotrac post.

1 hour ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Perhaps. Perhaos not. He did get contacted by the D early and often, but Dennison didn't make him reverse course 1, 2, or 3 times on one play. Oline and/or dennison can be blamed for the 1-3 yard losses, but those 5+ yard losses are on Shady. He needs to realize he is no longer the fastest or most sudden player on the field and take the yards he can get on broken plays.