Marcell Is Talking Tough: Says He's an All-Pro and Bills Treated Him Like A "Nobody"

BuffaloRush

19 minutes ago, teef said:

i'm not even from buffalo, but this shows what a !@#$ face you are.  i guarantee you many people on this board have a far better life than you could ever hope for.

I have an even smaller pettier life because I am in Rochester. :(

And Im fat.

I'm fat with a small petty life and I probably shouldn't even be allowed to say anything here. :(

1 minute ago, BobChalmers said:

What Dareus is, is a good not great DT and a 1-year suspension waiting to happen.

He was a great DT at one point.  At one point people who know their football sh** called him "the best DT in football, period".  But faced with the challenge of a new coach and a new system, he backed away from that.

In Jax, Dareus isn't even the highest paid DL.  Playing next to top-level talent like Campbell and Jackson, I think he'll be motivated to elevate his play, or at least keep his nose clean and be part of the fun. 

The problem for the Bills was, in Buffalo where he was the highest-physical-potential and highest-paid DL, they needed him to be the motivator and the leader.  Instead he chose to be part-time.   It's hard to change team culture to "all in" if your highest paid guy is a slacker.

The problem for Dareus is, slacking gets to be a habit just like anything else you do for a couple years.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, BadLandsMeanie said:

And Im fat.

I'm fat with a small petty life and I probably shouldn't even be allowed to say anything here. :(

no one who writes as wonderfully as you has a small, petty, fat life.  i'm not buying it.

3 minutes ago, BadLandsMeanie said:

And Im fat.

We rate folks here based on their BMI (Bills Mastery Index) and not their BMI (Body Mass Index)

You get four stars.

2 minutes ago, Like A Mofo said:

Just keep this in mind when you all think you know how a player feels about the team he plays for and the fanbase.  Majority of it is a facade. They are as loving as loyal as their paycheck and where they play. Once they leave, bam, true feelings revealed.

For most professional athletes, that's pretty much how they have to be.  Give me a hat and a home, I love you.  Take it back, I move on.  Fact of life.

You could truthfully say something similar to players about fans.   "Just keep in mind when you all think you know how a fan feels about you and your mates and the team you play for, the majority of it is a facade.  They are as loving and loyal as your record and how you play.  Lose or slip, Bam, true feelings revealed."

21 minutes ago, CuddyDark said:

Who said I didn't move away? Who said I didn't come back? Cause you know me?

You did a dime store analysis on Dareus (you "know" him?), why can't others do the same.  You've certainly given us plenty to work with...

8 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

You did a dime store analysis on Dareus (you "know" him?), why can't others do the same.  You've certainly given us plenty to work with...

I didn't give you anything. I gave you MB chat. You don't actually think I'd give you anything true about me on a MB do you?

Just now, oldmanfan said:

So you admit to lying?

Of course. It's a MB. This was just me trying to out the masquerading !@#$s who judge everyone else. I knew I'd find a couple of "bad people" here too. Because Marcell is the worst man born to most here, but he'd never say my fictional mom hates me while she's suffering with fictional dementia. This is what you girls do. You get in your cabals and damn every player who doesn't kiss your ass. Marcell doesn't owe any of us anything. He's a kid making millions who does what his generation does, smokes weed. When he was making plays no one cared. When they hired Rex, Marcell like nearly every defensive player sucked, but because he smoked weed and didn't pass the Bills fan blood oath loyalty pledge he must be circumcised.

1 minute ago, CuddyDark said:

Of course. It's a MB. This was just me trying to out the masquerading !@#$s who judge everyone else. I knew I'd find a couple of "bad people" here too. Because Marcell is the worst man born to most here, but he'd never say my fictional mom hates me while she's suffering with fictional dementia. This is what you girls do. You get in your cabals and damn every player who doesn't kiss your ass. Marcell doesn't owe any of us anything. He's a kid making millions who does what his generation does, smokes weed. When he was making plays no one cared. When they hired Rex, Marcell like nearly every defensive player sucked, but because he smoked weed and didn't pass the Bills fan blood oath loyalty pledge he must be circumcised.

Well, aren't you the tough guy.  Girls?  Really?  Time for you to grow up a bit, I'd say. 

People are commenting on this because Dareus criticized the team for not playing him.  He refuses to acknowledge that his behavior may have caused that.  And as I've said sadly, because he's wasting his God given talent.  And I hate to see that.

Now, would you like to actually have a discussion, or do you want to continue to lie and throw cheap insults around?

22 hours ago, BuffaloRush said:

Great comments from Marcel "Mr. Big Stuff" Dareus following a Jacksonville win where his defense gave up nearly 50 points.   He sure sounds like a jilted lover that was dumped.  Here's the best comment:

http://buffalonews.com/2018/01/15/marcell-dareus-says-bills-organization-treated-him-like-a-nobody/?utm_campaign=puma&utm_medium=social&utm_source=Twitter#link_time=1516027750

Then Dareus talked about his own journey. Dareus said he loved the city of Buffalo, but then offered a sarcastic thank you to Bills coach Sean McDermott for helping him make changes in his life before the trade. (Last week, he said joining the Jaguars helped turn his life around.)

I'm sorry to all you Bills revisionist historians out there, but Marcell is not the same player he was 4 years ago.  Marcell is Yes he is a competent starter that is capable of being productive.  And yes trading Marcel did hurt the Bills defense and the return they got for him was pathetic.  The problem is that Marcell couldn't be trusted not to smoke weed or to do something stupid.  He was one strike away from a season long suspension.  Worse, his contract was so bloated and did not justify his production or his importance to the defense.   Also don't think for a second that his contract won't have repercussions on Jacksonville.  Next year, they probably won't have the cap space to sign any of the big free agent QB's.

Sorry but to anyone that feels that Marcel is that all pro or one of the best players in the league is sadly mistaken.  He looked pretty good yesterday but I wouldn't call his performance dominant.  Also, he's playing on a line with two All-Pro defensive lineman and several other good pass rushers.  Watch the game film from earlier this year - or watch the games against Miami last year.  Marcell is living off his past laurels and I will stand by the fact that dumping his contract was a good move by the Bills.

Jerry Sullivan put things into perspective:

He could say he loved the city of Buffalo.  I have pretty good sources that tell me he actually couldn't stand the city of Buffalo.   I have been told he got out of town every chance he got.  Could not stand living here.  They tell me the same thing about Shaq Lawson. 

Just now, Gordio said:

He could say he loved the city of Buffalo.  I have pretty good sources that tell me he actually couldn't stand the city of Buffalo.   I have been told he got out of town every chance he got.  Could not stand living here.  They tell me the same thing about Shaq Lawson. 

So if someone gave you twenty million at 23 yrs of age you wouldn't leave Buffalo for an island vacation? Get real.

3 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

Well, aren't you the tough guy.  Girls?  Really?  Time for you to grow up a bit, I'd say. 

People are commenting on this because Dareus criticized the team for not playing him.  He refuses to acknowledge that his behavior may have caused that.  And as I've said sadly, because he's wasting his God given talent.  And I hate to see that.

Now, would you like to actually have a discussion, or do you want to continue to lie and throw cheap insults around?

I like the insults because that's what any player who leaves gets.

Just now, CuddyDark said:

So if someone gave you twenty million at 23 yrs of age you wouldn't leave Buffalo for an island vacation? Get real.

What the hell are you talking about?  I am just telling you I have a good source that told me that part of the problem with dareus when he was in Buffalo is he never wanted to be here in the first place.  Reading comprehension isn't your strong suit is it?

35 minutes ago, Like A Mofo said:

Just keep this in mind when you all think you know how a player feels about the team he plays for and the fanbase.  Majority of it is a facade. They are as loving as loyal as their paycheck and where they play. Once they leave, bam, true feelings revealed.

Well, everyone except Dareus...

1 minute ago, Gordio said:

What the hell are you talking about?  I am just telling you I have a good source that told me that part of the problem with dareus when he was in Buffalo is he never wanted to be here in the first place.  Reading comprehension isn't your strong suit is it?

I've been on here for a few months now and that is what I would say is his weakest suit.

1 minute ago, Gordio said:

He wanted to be where the money is. He'd leave "every chance he got" sure he would. He's young and rich. He want to see the world, what's wrong with that? I forgot, every player must love Buffalo, buy a house and never leave. Play football. Go home. Love Buffalo more than life.

4 minutes ago, CuddyDark said:

He wanted to be where the money is. He'd leave "every chance he got" sure he would. He's young and rich. He want to see the world, what's wrong with that? I forgot, every player must love Buffalo, buy a house and never leave. Play football. Go home. Love Buffalo more than life.

I can't tell if you're deliberately just trolling or if you are really so obtuse.  It is simple.  When you sign a big contract you are expected to fulfill the obligations associated with the contract.  Like showing up in time.  Or putting forth effort every practice and every game.

He's only a rich young kid because the Bills signed him to a big deal.  If he didn't want to play here he could have elected to not sign and become a free agent.  But he didn't.  Then did not put forth the effort, and got traded.  He was treated fine here, in a manner commensurate with his effort.

No you simp.  It's not about loving Buffalo more than life or "kissing Buffalo's ass."  It's about doing your !@#$ing job, especially when you're being paid more than almost anyone in the league outside of QB's.  To have the balls to claim he was treated like a nobody by the Bills because they didn't play him every down is idiotic.  Even more so since he's not playing every down in Jax, and they only thought he was worth a conditional 5th rounder.  But I guess that's all he can say to deflect the majority of the blame from himself.

4 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

I can't tell if you're deliberately just trolling or if you are really so obtuse.  It is simple.  When you sign a big contract you are expected to fulfill the obligations associated with the contract.  Like showing up in time.  Or putting forth effort every practice and every game.

He's only a rich young kid because the Bills signed him to a big deal.  If he didn't want to play here he could have elected to not sign and become a free agent.  But he didn't.  Then did not put forth the effort, and got traded.  He was treated fine here, in a manner commensurate with his effort.

Fulfill his contract has nothing to do with his feelings about the city. So what he left Buffalo "every time he got a chance." Your major beef in your post was, "he couldn't stand the city." Who cares? And what does that have to do with his contract?

Edited by CuddyDark

20 hours ago, Dr. K said:

Regardless of what you think of Dareus's maturity level, McD and Beane really did throw away a ton of talent, witness how well a lot of the players they dumped have played for other teams. Now they have to fill a dozen holes on this squad. Maybe they can do it, but the proof will be in their performance. There is an arrogance in them that, if they succeed, will be justified as self-confidence, but if they fail, will be revealed as hubris. 

The jury is out yet. 

It's not arrogance, they're dropping players that don't fit their profile. They aren't going to keep guys around that need extra motivation from the coaches to work. Sammy admitted that he put his stats above the team winning, goodbye. Marcell needed extra attention to give 50%, goodbye. Darby is a better man corner and they run mostly zone, they got good value from him, goodbye.

They aren't just dropping talent so that they can succeed with "their guys" and say I told you so. They kept Shady, a close to 30 year old RB who makes a bunch of money. If it was about dropping money, or dropping talent, or anything about their arrogance, Shady would have been gone. Shady is still here because he works his ass off and doesn't need to be coddled. 

If you aren't self motivated, you aren't going to stick around long with McDermott and Beane in charge. I like it.

1 minute ago, Doc said:

No you simp.  It's not about loving Buffalo more than life or "kissing Buffalo's ass."  It's about doing your !@#$ing job, especially when you're being paid more than almost anyone in the league outside of QB's.  To have the balls to claim he was treated like a nobody by the Bills because they didn't play him every down is idiotic.  Even more so since he's not playing every down in Jax, and they only thought he was worth a conditional 5th rounder.  But I guess that's all he can say to deflect the majority of the blame from himself.

If he didn't do his job he wouldn't be paid as the highest player.

3 minutes ago, CuddyDark said:

He earned his contract but once he received it, he hasn't lived up to it.

Albert Haynesworth did his job after he signed his massive contract?

Rob Johnson did his job with the Bills?

Derrick Dockery did his job with the Bills?

19 minutes ago, CuddyDark said:

Are you always this dramatic?

• Like (+1) 1

I wonder how Kyle feels when he reads something like this.

“This organization has changed my life,” Dareus told Jacksonville.com. “They’ve done such great things so far, I just don’t want mess anything up. I’m just overjoyed for the opportunity to play.”

Kyle's been trying to mentor this guy for over 6 years and now in 2 months the Jags have changed his life? Seems like a slap in the face. Thanks for all the hard work Kyle!

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, CuddyDark said:

He hasn't played like the highest-paid player should be playing for years.  So he's not doing his job. 

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, CuddyDark said:

Fulfill his contract has nothing to do with his feelings about the city. So what he left Buffalo "every time he got a chance." Your major beef in your post was, "he couldn't stand the city." Who cares? And what does that have to do with his contract?

I said nothing about whether he liked the city or not. And for the rest of your postings, I really don't think you understand what a contract is, and what it represents.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Doc said:

He hasn't played like the highest-paid player should be playing for years.  So he's not doing his job. 

And they got rid of him.

1 minute ago, elroy16 said:

I wonder how Kyle feels when he reads something like this.

Kyle's been trying to mentor this guy for over 6 years and now in 2 months the Jags have changed his life? Seems like a slap in the face. Thanks for all the hard work Kyle!

I bet Kyle is happy for him.

1 minute ago, oldmanfan said:

I said nothing about whether he liked the city or not. And for the rest of your postings, I really don't think you understand what a contract is, and what it represents.

You replied to my reply to someone else.

36 minutes ago, CuddyDark said:

No one owes him anything either. That's why maybe he should be a big boy about getting shipped out. He doesn't owe me that but he owes it to himself. Consequences is a thing people don't understand 

• Like (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, CuddyDark said:

Once again never said that.  What is wrong with it is he signed a huge contract with the Bills which guaranteed him over $60 million.  Yeah you dam right he had a responsibility to be a bit more professional & show a bit of gratitude with having a better work ethic & not leave town every chance he got. 

• Like (+1) 1

If he wants to be an All-Pro, he needs to drop about 50 pounds, and then become an impact DT like Fletcher Cox, Aaron Donald, Geno Atkins, etc...

He was stealing money from the Bills, and will continue to do so as a Jaguar as long as he remains an overweight tub of goo.  He is nothing more than an overpaid middle of the road DT at this point in his career.

• Like (+1) 2

42 minutes ago, Lfod said:

No one owes him anything either. That's why maybe he should be a big boy about getting shipped out. He doesn't owe me that but he owes it to himself. Consequences is a thing people don't understand 

He probably thinks the Bills still owe him. His grudge ain't with the people it's for what he sees as wrongful termination from his past employer. That's his right.

Edited by CuddyDark

24 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

If he wants to be an All-Pro, he needs to drop about 50 pounds, and then become an impact DT like Fletcher Cox, Aaron Donald, Geno Atkins, etc...

He was stealing money from the Bills, and will continue to do so as a Jaguar as long as he remains an overweight tub of goo.  He is nothing more than an overpaid middle of the road DT at this point in his career.

His Pro Bowl days are long-gone, never mind All-Pro.  Once he got the big contract, he checked-out and is now doing the bare minimum to keep getting paid.  The funniest part of the whole thing is that he thinks the Bills dissed him by playing him in a rotation when the fact is that he couldn't play every down for an entire game if his life depended on it.  And it appears the Jags are dissing him as well, since they're not starting him and instead playing him in a rotation.

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, CuddyDark said:

He probably thinks the Bills still owe him. His grudge ain't with the people it's for what he sees as wrongful termination from his past employer. That's his right.

I understand that. Honestly he should just be focused into being the force for Jacksonville. He is with a Coach that does believe in him and wants him. Not like he was traded to the Browns, he's not in a bad situation.

If he really wants to prove a point then play lights out and make everybody in Buffalo regret trading him away. Actions speak louder then words. 

Edited by Lfod

1 minute ago, Lfod said:

I understand that. Honestly he should just be focused into being the force for Jacksonville. He is with a Coach that does believe in him and wants him. Not like he was traded to the Browns he's not in a bad situation.

If he really wants to prove a point then play lights out and make everybody in Buffalo regret trading him away. Actions speak louder then words. 

The Bills owe him nothing.  They already over-paid for his services. 

And they made the playoffs without him.  I think that's what embarrasses him more than anything and has led to him needing to blame everyone but himself for his failures in Buffalo. 

2 minutes ago, Doc said:

His Pro Bowl days are long-gone, never mind All-Pro.  Once he got the big contract, he checked-out and is now doing the bare minimum to keep getting paid.  The funniest part of the whole thing is that he thinks the Bills dissed him by playing him in a rotation when the fact is that he couldn't play every down for an entire game if his life depended on it.  And it appears the Jags are dissing him as well, since they're not starting him and instead playing him in a rotation.

That reminds me of the time he was dropped back in coverage vs KC on one of their TD passes in 2015. Rex (or one of the defensive coaches - Dunbar?)  said it was because he was too tired rush the passer :lol: ... I think one of their backups was hurt on the DL or something 

8 minutes ago, Doc said:

The Bills owe him nothing.  They already over-paid for his services. 

And they made the playoffs without him.  I think that's what embarrasses him more than anything and has led to him needing to blame everyone but himself for his failures in Buffalo. 

With Dareus it always seems to be about the past and the future. Forget the Bills that is the past. Forget that future fantasy of what he says he's going to be. Look at the present day and operate yourself within reality.

Edited by Lfod