Vea or Hurst?

CDogg20

Vea or Hurst?   

96 members have voted

1. 1. Which player would you rather the Bills draft?

• Vita Vea
    • Maurice Hurst

7 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I saw that clip and was like.....

friday-damn.gif

impressive.  And Bama has one of the best Center's in the nation.   If we get an edge rusher to pair with Vea it would be amazing.  Imagine trying to move away from the rush, only to find Vea there like in this clip.  HELLO BRADY! 

Vea looks nasty.  Like he wants to be in the backfield.  Technique, if needed, can be taught.  But that guys size and the way he moves, WOW.    Granted, I base this only off the above clips.  I've heard great things about Hurst also.  I think whomever we get will be a good fit.  I trust Bean and McD with the D. Line based on their time in Carolina.  

2 hours ago, billsbackto81 said:

I think we should grab him at 21!!!!!

We may not have another shot at him for at least 10 minutes.

Well then better hope you had your QB answer in UFA.  This team will not progress without one, no matter who is playing DT

1 hour ago, NewEra said:

Can Vea play the 3?  Everything I’ve been reading says he’s a pure NT.  Hurst seems like the better scheme fit but Vea is a monster of a man and the better run stuffer so he gets the votes?

can someone with knowledge explain why he IS a fit in our scheme?  Don’t just answer with, he’s good run stuffer and we need help stopping the run.  I realize that. With regards to fits, how does he work in this scheme?

He’s a scheme fit because he’s versatile and allows for scheme flexibility. His size, strength,  and athleticism allow him to play any of 0,1, or 3 line positions which makes him a three down DT that won’t have to be subbed in passing situations.

Sounds good.  Looks a lot like Ngata.  Maybe not the pass rushing force Ngata was but looks like he can move for a guy his size.  Payne also seems like a nice fit.  How about Bryan?  Hurst looks like a good ball player but I think I’d be underwhelmed with him at 21.22.  Maybe in a trade back.  Is he considered a good run defender or is it considered a negative trait at the next level?  Payne and Vea have the zip to hold up.  Not sure if hurst is athletic enough to get away with it like Donald, but I haven’t scouted him yet, so I’ll reserve judgement. 

56 minutes ago, NewEraBills said:

When you are talking 1 tech and 3 tech both of them fit.  Hurst is a 3 tech only in our defense.  And honestly, this is where Aldophus Washington should play ONLY.  When we traded Dareus the biggest issue and part of the reason we gave up a lot of yards IMO is because we did not have a true 1 tech who could anchor inside.  So we got gashed.  The playoff game was a gamble.  We had our linebackers selling out every play because of this.  The jags had so many guys open on play action.  Bortles just either missed them or had bad throws.  That game could have been ugly for us if Bortles was accurate.

19 minutes ago, K-9 said:

He’s a scheme fit because he’s versatile and allows for scheme flexibility. His size, strength,  and athleticism allow him to play any of 0,1, or 3 line positions which makes him a three down DT that won’t have to be subbed in passing situations.

1 hour ago, MAJBobby said:

Well then better hope you had your QB answer in UFA.  This team will not progress without one, no matter who is playing DT

Signing a solid QB like Cousins in FA would help this team in so many areas beyond QB. We wouldn't have to use draft capital on a QB and we could use our multitude of picks to really shore up the team. That said, I would trade away all our picks for a good QB. 

1 hour ago, Buffalo30 said:

I think a lot of people just look at his weight and assume he's a true nose.  He is extremely quick for his size.  I think he is much more versatile than some of the posters here are giving him credit for.

How would you compare him to Dareus coming out of Bama?

I see a lot of Ngata comparisons. He is who I immediately thought of as well. I remember many Bills fans being upset we didn’t draft him years ago, hope we don’t mess it up this time around. I think this kid is gonna be special. Hurst looks good but I think Vea is a can’t miss 

13 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

Vea only AFTER we have a QB and sign Star

I like it!  That would be a fantastic start!!

10 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I saw that clip and was like.....

friday-damn.gif

Did he jump forwards two yards from almost a standing position?

5 hours ago, CDogg20 said:

I see a lot of Ngata comparisons. He is who I immediately thought of as well. I remember many Bills fans being upset we didn’t draft him years ago, hope we don’t mess it up this time around. I think this kid is gonna be special. Hurst looks good but I think Vea is a can’t miss 

Agreed!

19 hours ago, ColdFront_USAF said:

I would prefer Vea. When we traded Dareus, it wasn't speed and quickness we were lacking. It was a brute in the trenches that couldn't be moved and forced the opposing running backs to look elsewhere for lanes. Once he left, our line was put on roller skates and blown up regularly, forcing big time plays from either defensive backs or a very mediocre LB corpse in order to stop the run, not a recipe for success. 

So that was the problem with the run defense, we had a corpse playing LB.

• Haha (+1) 1