Promote from within for OC?

PolishDave

How would you react if McDermot fired Dennison and promoted Juan Castillo to OC as his replacement?

First I would let out an F bomb - quite loudly.

Then I would whip the bird with both hands in random directions while cursing out McDermott.

Then I would go next door and kick the neighbor's dog.   

How would you react?

1 minute ago, Phils n Bills said:

Promoting from within would mean something on our offense was pretty above and ahead of other things we were doing on offense. This offense was basic in all aspects. So I think promoting from within wouldn’t be the best way to go.

I agree.    But McDermott must really like Castillo.   At least it appears he did coming into the season.    Hired him before OC.

Edited by PolishDave

14 minutes ago, PolishDave said:

How would you react if McDermot fired Dennison and promoted Juan Castillo to OC as his replacement?

First I would let out an F bomb - quite loudly.

Then I would whip the bird with both hands in random directions while cursing out McDermott.

Then I would go next door and kick the neighbor's dog.   

How would you react?

I’d start to reconsider McDermott.  I love the guy and I’m all in with him, but that would be a worse move than going into the season thinking Tolbert was a viable RB2

Edited by NewEra
  • Like (+1) 1

51 minutes ago, Jamie Muellers Ghost said:

David Culley would be my #1 internal promotion candidate. He is from the Andy Reid Coaching tree. It's a possibility if they have soured on McCoy or cannot get others.

He is the current QB coach though eh?   Not really a position of improvement this year for the team.

1 hour ago, Freddie's Dead said:

Whip the bird?  First time I've ever heard it called that.

How old are you?

I thought that is how everyone said it?

Need to start a poll.   This is important and must be answered.

How do you say it?

12 minutes ago, OldTimer1960 said:

OL was better with Aaron Kromer as the coach.

Both of the previous OL coaches did a better job but they are using a different scheme which coach McD wanted.  He could have signed Pat Meyer if Kromer no longer wanted to be OL coach with demand to be promoted to OC; Meyer did a good job for Bills first 6 weeks.

I was going to make a process joke, but those are getting old.  Honestly, I'd start to wonder if McDermott actually cared about the offense.  If he promoted from within, it means that he exerted no effort in getting any number of available candidates.

Just now, Sig1Hunter said:

Ohhhhh... I thought it was like flogging the porpoise. Thanks for the clarification!

Honestly I always thought everyone called it whipping the bird.  :lol:

This thread is the very first time I have ever heard anyone not know what that is.   And I am amazed that more than one person didn't know that.    

I must really be getting old or something.    The times are passing me by.

6 hours ago, PolishDave said:

To give someone the middle finger.

Seriously, you never heard of that?

Never heard that but was thinking it might have something to do with that.

5 hours ago, PolishDave said:

Honestly I always thought everyone called it whipping the bird.  :lol:

This thread is the very first time I have ever heard anyone not know what that is.   And I am amazed that more than one person didn't know that.    

I must really be getting old or something.    The times are passing me by.

I think you guys got it wrong.  It's called "flipping the bird" NOT "whipping".  We always said flipping the bird or flip the bird.  Should have known that's what you all meant.

2 hours ago, Chadwick Bay Chad said:

Not sure if they will accept 

And now the spin starts... He was 100% sure that they were coming. By saying this he has deniabiliy when something changes from his "prediction" that he tried to pass off as a fact from his sources. Soon, he will claim he didn't have 2 confirmed sources or some other nonsense to go with his narrative. 

I still don't get why he is being allowed to infect so many threads. 

Edited by DRutka