Favorite Robert DeNiro movie(s)

Another Fan

13 hours ago, SinceThe70s said:

Including an all time great exchange:

Grodin: Jack, you're a grown man, you have control over your own words.

DeNiro: You're right, I do have control over my own words. And here come two for you: STFU!

I always wondered whether any of that was ad-libbed.

The "Ever have sex with an animal, Jack?" was.  Grodin was told "Say something that would make even DeNiro laugh." 

As was the litmus configuration test, I think.

• Like (+1) 1

Not the greatest movie, but I loved his performance in "Mistress." Some DeNiro trivia... The line "You talkin' to me?" from Taxi Driver was not in the script. A few days before they shot that scene, DeNiro went to a Bruce Springsteen concert and people in the audience were yelling "Bruce." Springsteen said back to them "You talkin' to me?" DeNiro liked they way that sounded and he added it in the movie.

On 1/8/2018 at 4:23 PM, SinceThe70s said:

Definitely not his best work, but "Midnight Run" is one of my favorites.

Hilarious movie.  Great interplay with Grodin, who is one of my favorite comedic actors.

On 1/8/2018 at 5:17 PM, Kelly the Dog said:

I could be wrong but that was the first time I remember DiNiro being in a comedy, and he was hysterical in it (If King of Comedy was before it that doesn't count because it wasn't a comedy). Midnight Run was really well made, fun and entertaining movie. Charles Grodin was terrific, too. 

Other underrated or lesser known ones that were great were Once Upon a Time in America, This Boy's Life, Bronx Tale,

Very good call here.  He may have been more menicing and scary as an abusive husband/step-father than he was in any mob movie.

1 hour ago, joesixpack said:

No one mentioned Ronin?

Best ever.

Close second for me for DeNiro's work.  I think the mid-90s was the high water mark of his career.  Think about it - what movie has he done since Ronin in 1998?