Sammy Watkins Wants to Stay with the Rams - Hits the Open Market

10 hours ago, ProcessTheTrust said:

He's not trash, come on...but he's not a real #1. A real #1 fights for the ball, high-points 50/50 balls. Sammy needs the ball to fall right into the bread basket. He has AMAZING hands, but he doesn't use them to their potential, if that makes sense. I think Houston should go after him, let him be a #2 to his boy Hopkins.

Remember that the Texans have Will Fuller, who looked great with Watson at QB,  so I don't think they'd be looking to add a starting WR.  San Francisco, definitely and they have a lot of cap space.  Rams right now have to think of Robert Woods as their #1 so I don't see them competing with what Sammy may get offered by SF and other teams. 

Edited by LittleJoeCartwright

11 hours ago, DriveFor1Outta5 said:

Only 39 catches though, so those 8 td’s are somewhat misleading. Additionally, no one is catching 8 td’s in Dennison’s offense. 

Do they count less because you only caught 39 passes?

I imagine 1 or 2 TD's could make a difference in a low scoring game. Have we seen a low scoring game where that could have helped?  Maybe a game in January in north Florida?

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, jmc12290 said:

Do they count less because you only caught 39 passes?

I imagine 1 or 2 TD's could make a difference in a low scoring game. Have we seen a low scoring game where that could have helped?  Maybe a game in January in north Florida?

I just believe that the TD numbers were somewhat coincidental. It’s not as if Watkins has proven himself to be a big red zone threat in the pros. He doesn’t have the size to be that guy. He’s a big play guy who happened to find the endzone on a high percentage of his catches this season. The reality is 39 catches isn’t enough for a supposed number one receiver. I don’t think that his presence in the red zone would have been the difference yesterday.    

8 minutes ago, DriveFor1Outta5 said:

I just believe that the TD numbers were somewhat coincidental. It’s not as if Watkins has proven himself to be a big red zone threat in the pros. He doesn’t have the size to be that guy. He’s a big play guy who happened to find the endzone on a high percentage of his catches this season. The reality is 39 catches isn’t enough for a supposed number one receiver. I don’t think that his presence in the red zone would have been the difference yesterday.    

What about a 67 yard TD?

Maybe a play like this would've helped?

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/0ap3000000849067/Sammy-Watkins-extends-across-goal-line-for-second-touchdown

Edited by jmc12290

3 hours ago, Magox said:

Sure there is.  How about for starters people who live up to expectations?     

Agreed. Nobody is saying he’s terrible but his effort level is what is preventing him from making good on his physical gifts. Not a coach Mac guy. Definitely not worth what we gave up to get him and not worth the money he’ll get in free agency. Over his career he has proven to be ‘just a guy’ who has flashed here and there.

4 hours ago, nedboy7 said:

No one is good enough to please you guys. 

Exactly.   What do people expect, a WR who's better than 101st in receptions and 63rd in yards??

Give Tyrod some weapons like Sammy and Da'Rick and the Bills are a lock for the Super Bowl!