If I am McD/Beane what Shady says makes a big diff...

KingRex

6 hours ago, KingRex said:

in what I do with TT this off-season. 

Shady is clearly the true Bill who embodies what we want for this team.

Particularly with the ankle injury last game which reminded him and us how short a career can be, my GUESS is that Shady will have the best sense of whether RRs failings at QB or eliminating a teammate for an uncertain new talent is the better road to take.

My sense is that Shady will want to go for it all in 2018 and that the key to that will be using all four of our draft picks in the fist two rounds to build a winner.  Certainly trading some of this resource for a hoped to mbe franchise talent who will fail to win the next SB without more players is a bad idea.

If McD wants a real assessment then follow Shady's direction.

We are getting a QB no matter what shady thinks, shady better get on board because McD is running this team.

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, KingRex said:

in what I do with TT this off-season. 

Shady is clearly the true Bill who embodies what we want for this team.

Particularly with the ankle injury last game which reminded him and us how short a career can be, my GUESS is that Shady will have the best sense of whether RRs failings at QB or eliminating a teammate for an uncertain new talent is the better road to take.

My sense is that Shady will want to go for it all in 2018 and that the key to that will be using all four of our draft picks in the fist two rounds to build a winner.  Certainly trading some of this resource for a hoped to mbe franchise talent who will fail to win the next SB without more players is a bad idea.

If McD wants a real assessment then follow Shady's direction.

McCoy is a big mouth, and he is the last guy I want them listening to.

He will be fine without Tyrod, cuz underneath it all, McCoy is almost an adult.

Edited by OJABBA

7 hours ago, LittleJoeCartwright said:

Did you guys catch Mike Florio's comments during NBC's broadcast of Atl/Rams game?  He said from the people he's talked to,  they tend to think that last year's crop of QBs of Trubisky, Watson, Mahomes was better than this year's.  Darnold is considered too inconsistent but with some upside while they wonder if Rosen has any more upside (i.e. He is what he is). 

I agree with Florio, I think we are not going to look back very fondly on letting Mahomes and Watson go.  Also stings Cleveland did way better than us in trading away Watson than we did trading Mahomes.  I'd take White over Peppers any day, but pick #4 vs pick #22, wow.

That being said, we have firmly hit misinformation season.  Every year the QB crop is viewed as a disappointment from January till April, then teams fall all over themselves trying to get the guys they badmouthed for 4 months.

5 minutes ago, Magox said:

Ok, so he didn't say that.

No, I don't believe Shady said 

the Bills better get a new QB or he's out.

The loss on Sunday’s still stung when McCoy addressed the media in the locker room after the game.

“We made it here after 17 years, getting to the playoffs, which was cool,” said McCoy. “But we could’ve won this game. I’ve never won a playoff game. This was big for me. I wanted to win this game and get it rolling.

“We have a solid team, a good enough team, a great defense and playmakers. I don’t care about the building blocks (for the future). I live now in the moment and the moment is we could’ve won this game.

RB LeSean McCoy

(On how he felt he played) “I thought I played solid. It wasn’t a 100%. It was different, I think the cuts and runs I did were probably made. When you’re out there you don’t think about it. Just a little pain though. Overall I think it was solid. It’s not the reason we lost. We just didn’t play well.”

(On how they did everything on offense but score) “Everything but score. Made some plays that hurt us. Just not converting. We dropped the ball. Not making plays. We have to do our job and make plays and we didn’t do that. We should’ve done that. We had this game. I can confidently say that we had this game. You know it was a tough-fought game. We were battle tested. They’re a good defense. I would never take that away from the defense. Most people know me as a straight shooter; from a bad game to solid, it’s down to the guards up front. I thought we had them tired. We were just running the ball at them. I thought we could have mixed it up a little bit, keep them off balance.”

(On if he was surprised they didn’t run the ball on first and goal) “Well, during the week we had plays set up and if we get the matchups we’ll take it. Then concerning that #20 was out there, I thought we were going to run it. He is a hell of a player but we didn’t run it. I don’t really fight that battle if we should have run or if we shouldn’t have because if we catch the ball and we score everybody is happy. If I run it and I don’t get it I second guess it, and I do score everybody is excited. We need to score here no matter what it is. If I was running it or we are throwing it, whatever it was he’s practicing the same reps. The same situations in the week. That’s the part of the game that hurt us the most.”

weeks prior 

Shady wants to finish career in Buffalo, back reacts to ...

9 hours ago, reddogblitz said:

It makes some sense. 

Amen.

Enough of this building/long term nonsense. Strike while the iron is hot. Build around McCoy and Benjamin and Hotrod or someone that beats him out.  Improve the D. Get a pass rush. Get a legit one two punch backup for McCoy.We're 6th best team in AFC this year. The other 10 are chasing us.

This is a retool off season. Not a rebuild IMHO.

6th best on strength of victory tie breaker. They aren't better than LA, Baltimore, and maybe even Cincy. Luck gets healthy then that's a toss up. That is an extremely optimistic point of view.

8 hours ago, LittleJoeCartwright said:

Did you guys catch Mike Florio's comments during NBC's broadcast of Atl/Rams game?  He said from the people he's talked to,  they tend to think that last year's crop of QBs of Trubisky, Watson, Mahomes was better than this year's.  Darnold is considered too inconsistent but with some upside while they wonder if Rosen has any more upside (i.e. He is what he is). 

People say that the qb pool is overrated EVERY SINGLE YEAR. Last year, numerous observers said it would be wise to hold off on a qb until 2018 because the qb talent would be so much better this year. I'm not buying it, and remain convinced that this is one of the better qb drafts in a long while.

Edited by dave mcbride

I doubt Beane is going to be consulting with a soon to be 30 year old RB on what direction the team should be taking. McCoy is a nice player but he is an RB and not a dominant force. At this point in his career, he needs help in the form of a quality backup. Bills were at their best running the football when we had a legitimate 1-2 punch in Williams or Gillislee to go along with McCoy. 

16 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

Tt made the call on first and goal. Just saying. 

And i have no issue with the playcalling at the end of the half deonte Thompson doesnt drop the 2nd down Bills have a chance for points dont they?

NE was not trading Jimmy G to Buffalo lol

IF the Pats* wouldn't trade Jimmy G to the Bills I would think it means the Pats* think he will be good.  Which I think is the case.

However, the Pats* traded Bledsoe to the Bills.  So, I would assume the Pats* didn't think he would make a difference.

Or things changed on the Pats* overall thoughts in the last two decades which is very possible.

16 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

Whats your point all year people cry for more RPO. He calls them and the QB doesnt hand it off like the primary play. 

But somehow for the TT apologists that’s Dennisons fault 

Agree.  Lots of folks want the QB to have options at the LOS and I am one of them.

It is not Dennison's fault TT is not a strong QB.  It was a poor decision on TT's part.  TT has skills, but, his football and game knowledge seem poor along with his sense of urgency.  And, TT is not good enough.

It should haven been run 4 times there.  TT should know that too!

14 hours ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

I'm 100% sure if Taylor is QB next season KB is gone as well.

That's random.  

But, I think I know where you are coming from?

Are you suggesting if TT is QB next year KB will want out because it is a contract year and he doesn't believe in TT?

7 hours ago, BeginnersMind said:

No chance. 3rd at best. 

We aren't getting hiM then.  QB is the most important position in football. Trying to cheap Charlie it is how you end up with guys like Fitz and Tuel Time and Nasty Nate.  You get what you pay for.

Trade a 1st to KC if that's what it takes. Then we get real QB play while continuing to look.

7 hours ago, BeginnersMind said:

No chance. 3rd at best. 

We aren't getting hiM then.  QB is the most important position in football. Trying to cheap Charlie it is how you end up with guys like Fitz and Tuel Time and Nasty Nate.  You get what you pay for.

Trade a 1st to KC if that's what it takes. Then we get real QB play while continuing to look.

11 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I'm KC, I'm holding out for a 1st.

The tough part about that is the only folks giving you a first are in the top of the draft.  Those folks won't want to part with a first because it is too high.  The folks at the back of the draft typically have good QBs so they don't trade for another.  That's why a 2nd is probably the route or multiple picks.

9 hours ago, reddogblitz said:

I say give it to them.

It wouldn't be my first choice but I wouldn't be opposed, providing we also draft someone.

I agree with your other post: ID the right guy, then offer what it takes, don't "cheap Charlie"

12 minutes ago, Manther said:

The tough part about that is the only folks giving you a first are in the top of the draft.  Those folks won't want to part with a first because it is too high.  The folks at the back of the draft typically have good QBs so they don't trade for another.  That's why a 2nd is probably the route or multiple picks.

Well, we don't have a good QB and we're what, picking 21st?

It's gonna depend upon how much Mahomes love KC is feeling, I suppose.