If I am McD/Beane what Shady says makes a big diff...

KingRex

44 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

It wouldn't be my first choice but I wouldn't be opposed, providing we also draft someone.

Who would be your first choice?

If we MUST dump Hotrod, Alex is the guy I want over all other FAs/trades. I want a BETTER QB,not another QB.

Edited by reddogblitz

1 hour ago, reddogblitz said:

We aren't getting hiM then.  QB is the most important position in football. Trying to cheap Charlie it is how you end up with guys like Fitz and Tuel Time and Nasty Nate.  You get what you pay for.

Trade a 1st to KC if that's what it takes. Then we get real QB play while continuing to look.

We aren't getting hiM then.  QB is the most important position in football. Trying to cheap Charlie it is how you end up with guys like Fitz and Tuel Time and Nasty Nate.  You get what you pay for.

Trade a 1st to KC if that's what it takes. Then we get real QB play while continuing to look.

I don’t think you understood what I was saying. His value is not a first round pick. Not now. Not ever. He’s a decent QB who is old. No GM is giving up a first for him. 

I would be ok if the Bills had him. But Smith this season was in a pass happy offense with a great offensive mind coaching him, had the best TE in football, one of the best wide receivers, one of the best backs. He was set up to look good and he was no better than that. 

Even a third is a stretch. 

Edited by BeginnersMind

18 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

Shady confrimed it was a RPO. Called Run in the huddle with thebPass option. The entire OL and FB blocked run. Taylor pulled the ball and threw. 

So HIS decision to throw 

It's 100% based on the lineup of the defense. It's not based on Tyrod's whim or preference or what he feels like doing or what he thinks will work better in this situation. You know a lot of football. You're being intellectually dishonest to the highest degree if you don't acknowledge that.

Just now, Kelly the Dog said:

It's 100% based on the lineup of the defense. It's not based on Tyrod's whim or preference or what he feels like doing or what he thinks will work better in this situation. You know a lot of football. You're being intellectually dishonest to the highest degree if you don't acknowledge that.

TT reads the defense and makes the decision. So as i have said i dont care to much about the pass or run. Actually the pass there is smart catch em sleeping come back and run on 2nd and third. 

More teams should pass on 1st down there. 

Just saying if you want to blame anyone for that pass it is 100% TT decision 

26 minutes ago, BeginnersMind said:

I don’t think you understood what I was saying. His value is not a first round pick. Not now. Not ever. He’s a decent QB who is old. No GM is giving up a first for him. 

I would be ok if the Bills had him. But Smith this season was in a pass happy offense with a great offensive mind coaching him, had the best TE in football, one of the best wide receivers, one of the best backs. He was set up to look good and he was no better than that. 

Even a third is a stretch. 

I disagree.  I think he is an excellent QB.  Better than anyone we've had since Flutie was runout of town, including Kyle Orton :)

As far as the game Saturday, it was a really nice play by Alex to deflect that pass right back to Marcus.  Also, Alex should have told that backup TE to catch the football.

If we're not going to vastly improve our WRs and switch to a more passing offense, we might as well juzt keep Hotrod.

Edited by reddogblitz

13 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

TT reads the defense and makes the decision. So as i have said i dont care to much about the pass or run. Actually the pass there is smart catch em sleeping come back and run on 2nd and third. 

More teams should pass on 1st down there. 

Just saying if you want to blame anyone for that pass it is 100% TT decision 

Then you would be intellectually dishonest. Because you know if you know anything about football, which you do, that RPO option is 100% based on how they line up. They stacked the line and left Benjamin one on one. The call to pass is based wholly on that alignment. It's not a "decision" at all. It's how you run the play, and it's a terrible play call because every team would have done the same thing. It's not automatically dumb to throw on first down in a normal game with a normal team, but on that situation in this game with this team against that team, when you had just run down the field on them, with Shady, you run. Case closed. That RPO was a pass play call, not an option at all.

8 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

I disagree.  I think he is an excellent QB.  Better than anyone we've had since Flutie was runout of town, including Kyle Orton :)

As far as the game Saturday, it was a really nice play by Alex to deflect that pass right back to Marcus.  Also, Alex should have told that backup TE to catch the football.

If we're not going to vastly improve our WRs and switch to a more passing offense, we might as well juzt keep Hotrod.

No scenario that involves hotrod on the roster is a solution. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Teddy KGB said:

No scenario that involves hotrod on the roster is a solution. 

I was told by BeginnersMind  that we didn't have good enough WRs and TE for a passing QB like Alex.

What I want is for us to do what the Seahawks did.  Bring back the incumbent starter (Tarvaris Jackson), sign one of the better FAs (Matt Flynn), and draft somebody (Russell Wilson).  Then let 'em duke it out in PS.  Best man plays, whoever that is.  It's time to win!

• Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

Then you would be intellectually dishonest. Because you know if you know anything about football, which you do, that RPO option is 100% based on how they line up. They stacked the line and left Benjamin one on one. The call to pass is based wholly on that alignment. It's not a "decision" at all. It's how you run the play, and it's a terrible play call because every team would have done the same thing. It's not automatically dumb to throw on first down in a normal game with a normal team, but on that situation in this game with this team against that team, when you had just run down the field on them, with Shady, you run. Case closed. That RPO was a pass play call, not an option at all.

It absolutely is a decision. It is not a pre determined call. It is called Run with an OPTION of a throw. TT makes that call At the line based off what HE sees. 

Keep trying to deflect and attack someone eleses knowledge it makes your post as bad as the Bills QB play

1 minute ago, MAJBobby said:

It absolutely is a decision. It is not a pre determined call. It is called Run with an OPTION of a throw. TT makes that call At the line based off what HE sees. 

Keep trying to deflect and attack someone eleses knowledge it makes your post as bad as the Bills QB play

Technically he made the right decision based on the play.  KB was single covered.  Throw him the football. 

Better yet, just call a power dive right in the huddle and run that.   If that doesn't work, run it again.

3 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

LOL. You just made a complete fool of yourself. What he saw was what everyone watching saw. 10 guys at los and one guy out on Benjamin. There is no decision. It was made for him. A 12 year old could see that.

3 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

LOL. You just made a complete fool of yourself. What he saw was what everyone watching saw. 10 guys at los and one guy out on Benjamin. There is no decision. It was made for him. A 12 year old could see that.

Really so who pulls the Ball? Dennison? TT? Some mythical creature. At the moment in time who decides to pull the Ball and throw?

13 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

Technically he made the right decision based on the play.  KB was single covered.  Throw him the football. 

Better yet, just call a power dive right in the huddle and run that.   If that doesn't work, run it again.

How did that work for Jags?  What about Saints? 

It was the right decision. But people want to bash Dennison out of some deep love for a flawed QB

Edited by MAJBobby

Just now, MAJBobby said:

Really so who pulls the Ball? Dennison? TT? Some mythical creature. At the moment in time who decides to pull the Ball and throw?

It was the right decision. But people want to bash Dennison out of some deep love for a flawed QB

How did that work for the Seahawks?

Actually I'm mad at KB for interfering.

1 minute ago, reddogblitz said:

How did that work for the Seahawks?

Actually I'm mad at KB for interfering.

Different route. Called pass. Completely different. 

This was a RPO. Called run but if the look was right Taylor has the option to put it up on really a low risk pass most of the time

15 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Hence the term "intellectually dishonest." Unless you want to argue that Tyrod made the wrong decision based on the lineup, and the play was designed to be a pass if TWO GUYS were out on KB instead of one. :lol:Perhaps I gave you too much credit for knowing football. My bad.

1 minute ago, Kelly the Dog said:

Hence the term "intellectually dishonest." Unless you want to argue that Tyrod made the wrong decision based on the lineup, and the play was designed to be a pass if TWO GUYS were out on KB instead of one. :lol:Perhaps I gave you too much credit for knowing football. My bad.

Now point to one post i said it was the absolute wrong call.  

Or have i said if you want to blame the throw blame the right person the ones whos decision is was to pull the ball. 

Good luck with finding where i said it was the wrong decision

4 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

EJ?

No, that is silly.  100% agree we need a roster without TT on it next year.  I am in 100% agreement with that statement.   I trust the FO will bring in someone better or someone they think is better.  I don't need to list 50+ QBs and say who is better than TT and who is not.  Most importantly, someone who is a REAL QB.  I don't think TT let's other play the way the offense is intended to be.  IMO it is similar to Stevie Johnson.  He didn't run "normal" routes and it made it difficult for most QBs (except Fitz) to get him the ball.  So, Stevie was challenging to play with those around him.  I feel TT is similar and makes it tough for others to play with him.

So, TT not being on the roster is a good thing IMO.  Plus, do we really want a developing QB to be learning from TT?  I really don't want that either.

2 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Now point to one post i said it was the absolute wrong call.  

Or have i said if you want to blame the throw blame the right person the ones whos decision is was to pull the ball. 

Good luck with finding where i said it was the wrong decision

You're missing the point. There was no "decision" in the definition of it being a choice or preference from Tyrod. With ONE guy out on Benjamin there is no decision. That is obviously and inarguably what the "option" is in the term "run-pass option." It's 100% pre-determined the play is designed to be a pass if the team lines up that way, which is the way all teams would have lined up IMO.