If I am McD/Beane what Shady says makes a big diff...

KingRex

2 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

You're missing the point. There was no "decision" in the definition of it being a choice or preference from Tyrod. With ONE guy out on Benjamin there is no decision. That is obviously and inarguably what the "option" is in the term "run-pass option." It's 100% pre-determined the play is designed to be a pass if the team lines up that way, which is the way all teams would have lined up IMO.

There is no decision to miss the reads that TT misses all the time but he misses them. Why? Because there is 100% a decision made by TT

16 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Ahem.  Does the name 'Case Keenum' ring a bell?

"In 2015, the Rams traded a draft pick to the Texans for Keenum, where he played until signing as a free agent with the Vikings in 2017." Wiki

I don't see how Keenum could have possibly been looked at as an upgrade before this current season. Not one team went after him to be their starting QB this past march, or ever, really. 

He threw for 9 touchdowns to 11 interceptions and something like a 43 QBR in 2016. He was pretty bad.

He has had a great season, but I don't think anyone would have called him an upgrade over Tyrod before this year... Nobody expected him to come in and play so well. He couldn't even earn/keep a starting job on the Texans (who had no decent QBs on their roster - he couldn't beat out Fitzpatrick or Ryan Mallett) or the Rams (who had Foles and eventually Goff)

Keenum entered the league as an undrafted free agent in 2012 and has been not much more than an afterthought until this year. He's spent a lot of time on practice squads. He was waived multiple times by multiple teams. 

Hes definitely been a great surprise story this year though. 

19 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

Agreed, but absolutely ZERO to do with this discussion or that play or playcall.

Sure it does. There was a decision to be made. It isnt automatic. Its not like a robot occurs. He reads the defense decides yep i like the look gonna take it myself. Or he looks says yes like the look but Ramsey is a hel of a CB and leave the ball in Shadys gut. 

It isnt automatic 

6 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Sure it does. There was a decision to be made. It isnt automatic. Its not like a robot occurs. He reads the defense decides yep i like the look gonna take it myself. Or he looks says yes like the look but Ramsey is a hel of a CB and leave the ball in Shadys gut. 

It isnt automatic 

How is it possibly not automatic with 10 guys at LOS and 1 guy out on Benjamin? You're being ridiculous. What is any other possible "option" in that alignment? I'll give you a hint. There isn't one.

IF there were another player sneaking toward Benjamin and in the position to be there in time, then all of a sudden there is a decision to be made by Taylor. But lining up on that play, with what the Jags were inarguably doing and stopping, 100% percent of all QBs 100% of the time drop back to make the pass, unless, I suppose they just ignored the call and their coach because they thought it was SOOOOOOOOO stupid they couldn't possibly listen to the guy.

Edited by Kelly the Dog

4 hours ago, reddogblitz said:

Who would be your first choice?

If we MUST dump Hotrod, Alex is the guy I want over all other FAs/trades. I want a BETTER QB,not another QB.

I personally want Cousins.  I think he has done very very solidly the last 3 years as a starter - >4000 yds passing for 3 years running, TD/INT ratio better than 2:1 all 3 years, >7.5 AY/A.  He's done this despite 2016 season having a crap OL, no running game, and who? playing WR. 

He's 29 years old and presumably has some years left in him, but wants to go to a team where he can make a difference and see playoffs regularly

B'lo making the playoffs with a D that showed some feisty and a strong run game would possibly be attractive to Cousins as a team "on the rise"

23 hours ago, Pbomb said:

They could have got watson, jimmy g . They could have found better, they chose to stick it out with tyrod

No way would P*ts trade Jimmy G to Buffalo.

22 hours ago, BillsFan4 said:

I think he knew that a new GM was coming in after the draft (likely Beane) and figured that the Bills would probably be picking high again this year, so he picked up another 1st for next year giving the new GM (that he had more trust in) the ability to take a shot at a QB with one of those 1st round picks. 

It is NOT in coach McD's nature to think his team would be picking high.

4 hours ago, Kelly the Dog said:

Then you would be intellectually dishonest. Because you know if you know anything about football, which you do, that RPO option is 100% based on how they line up. They stacked the line and left Benjamin one on one. The call to pass is based wholly on that alignment. It's not a "decision" at all. It's how you run the play, and it's a terrible play call because every team would have done the same thing. It's not automatically dumb to throw on first down in a normal game with a normal team, but on that situation in this game with this team against that team, when you had just run down the field on them, with Shady, you run. Case closed. That RPO was a pass play call, not an option at all.

The fault was on the WR not the QB or OC - in that situation you cannot push off knowing a penalty will push you back 10 yards.

17 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I personally want Cousins.  I think he has done very very solidly the last 3 years as a starter - >4000 yds passing for 3 years running, TD/INT ratio better than 2:1 all 3 years, >7.5 AY/A.  He's done this despite 2016 season having a crap OL, no running game, and who? playing WR. 

He's 29 years old and presumably has some years left in him, but wants to go to a team where he can make a difference and see playoffs regularly

B'lo making the playoffs with a D that showed some feisty and a strong run game would possibly be attractive to Cousins as a team "on the rise"

Mccoy stays would be an incentive as well....but dear god get rid of tolbert as your 2nd back....

1 minute ago, Tcali said:

Tolbert had an OJ like run yesterday though..gotta give him credit

okay sure.....thats fine......still get rid of  him....fast!!  I cant take anymore side runs...runs on 2nd and long and quite a few 3rd and longs...etc.....I know thats dennison but he is not a Running Back....he is a Full Back.....why he was used the way he was is mind boggling......

49 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

No way would P*ts trade Jimmy G to Buffalo.

It is NOT in coach McD's nature to think his team would be picking high.

The fault was on the WR not the QB or OC - in that situation you cannot push off knowing a penalty will push you back 10 yards.

It was a bad play by KB as well as a bad call by the officials. They never should have been put in that situation.