Why the Peterman hate

BBills88

20 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Indeed.

Not to mention the lack of effort by the WR..  attack the ball and the DB's ability to jump the route drops... Yet, the throw did seem to be telecasted.

1 minute ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

By that logic, we should reach out to Jeff Tuel. He has shown just as much, if not more, in his time here as Peterman. Fewer picks for one thing, and they are tied for crucial killer ones.

I'm not saying we kick him off the team. Maybe after another off-season, he "gets it" and shows improvement. But that sure as schiesse isn't stopping me from drafting someone who I would expect to start over him, never mind the lunacy of benching Tyrod for him.

It took EJ 8 games to throw as many picks as Nasty Nate.  let that sink in a little...

2 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

It took EJ 8 games to throw as many picks as Nasty Nate.  let that sink in a little...

Exactly! I thought he got a raw deal and that we were too harsh, and even I was willing to say "that's enough"

People wanted to tar and feather the man, and even he didn't look as bad as Peterman has. The mystery to me isn't why so many people are down on Peterman.  it's why, after seeing so much vitriol for EJ, and Losman, how someone who has done objectively worse is getting the benefit of the doubt.

3 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

Should've taken a QB last year. Now the Bills are in no mans land.

Ha Ha Ha - The Bills DID draft a QB last year!

13 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

You do realize that no matter what you say or how often you say it - you have no influence on where Taylor will be playing next year - RIGHT?

10 minutes ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

Exactly! I thought he got a raw deal and that we were too harsh, and even I was willing to say "that's enough"

People wanted to tar and feather the man, and even he didn't look as bad as Peterman has. The mystery to me isn't why so many people are down on Peterman.  it's why, after seeing so much vitriol for EJ, and Losman, how someone who has done objectively worse is getting the benefit of the doubt.

Peterman is a 5th round long shot. People like underdogs.

EJ was a 1st round pick. 

Plenty of people hated Peterman before the pick and still do. As I said back in the spring he needs a pitchers mound back there to throw an out route.

20 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

After years and years of cowardly quarterbacks so afraid of making mistakes that they rarely if ever make actual plays, Gunslinger Peterman was a breath of fresh air.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, cd1 said:

You do realize that no matter what you say or how often you say it - you have no influence on where Taylor will be playing next year - RIGHT?

I have the same amount of influence as you do.

I have no idea where he will be playing.  If we don't get someone better before the draft, I hope it's here though I'll tell you that much.

I'm digging this winning thing and want it to continue.  I have ZERO interest is going on some fishing expedition for the next starter and losing games.  That's drought thinking.  We're now in post drought era, it's about winning now.

Just now, Wayne Arnold said:

After years and years of cowardly quarterbacks so afraid of making mistakes that they rarely if ever make actual plays, Gunslinger Peterman was a breath of fresh air.

Fitz was a gun slinger too.  Being a gun slinger is fine as long as he can complete some of your passes to your own team.

Which int he threw was due to being a "gun slinger"?  They all looked like routine passes to me.

Throwing an 8 yard out route is gun slinging?

Edited by reddogblitz

24 minutes ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

I might go with you on Bledsoe, but the last two go a bit far for me. However, I will note that you didn't address his main point: why are you in a rush to dump Tyrod when you don't have a known better option on the roster?

Look for one, certainly. But if we are putting Peterman out there in 2018, you can kiss your chance of returning to the playoffs goodbye (right before it files for a restraining order)

Orton threw for more yards in 12 games than Taylor has in his full seasons, averaging 251 yds/gm. He had 18 TDs, which is also comparable to TT (20,17,14). This was also done in a season where he was just cashing checks until retirement. 

Fitz & Orton are both debatable, but I give them the edge simply on their ability to run a much more effective passing offense than Taylor. If you knew that the defense would hold your opponent to 10, which 2 of the 3 would you have the most confidence in to get you to 13? 

Because I can't watch that guy take another snap for this team. I've had it with feeling that the game is over whenever they are down by a TD. We know what he is and what the offense is capable of with him -- practically nothing. So give me literally anyone other than TT at this point.

4 minutes ago, Wayne Arnold said:

Really? I wouldn't say Fitz and EJ were cowardly quarterbacks. They just weren't very good. How does Peterman compare to those two? Does he look better, the same or worse?

14 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

Fitz was a gun slinger too.  Being a gun slinger is fine as long as he can complete some of your passes to your own team.

Which int he threw was due to being a "gun slinger"?  They all looked like routine passes to me.

I guess I'm just not used to a quarterback taking the snap and throwing the ball. You know, within the design of the offensive play. Instead of holding the ball until all of the routes have ended.

11 minutes ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

Really? I wouldn't say Fitz and EJ were cowardly quarterbacks. They just weren't very good. How does Peterman compare to those two? Does he look better, the same or worse?

EJ sure was. Peterman is a lot like Fitzpatrick.

18 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

I have the same amount of influence as you do.

I have no idea where he will be playing.  If we don't get someone better before the draft, I hope it's here though I'll tell you that much.

I'm digging this winning thing and want it to continue.  I have ZERO interest is going on some fishing expedition for the next starter and losing games.  That's drought thinking.  We're now in post drought era, it's about winning now.

So do I, and yesterday is exactly why Taylor needs to hit the road. 

Actually, being scared of what else is out there and holding on for dear life to one of the worst starting QBs in football is. 

Compared to Taylor, yes it is. 

9 minutes ago, twoandfourteen said:

Orton threw for more yards in 12 games than Taylor has in his full seasons, averaging 251 yds/gm. He had 18 TDs, which is also comparable to TT (20,17,14). This was also done in a season where he was just cashing checks until retirement. 

Fitz & Orton are both debatable, but I give them the edge simply on their ability to run a much more effective passing offense than Taylor. If you knew that the defense would hold your opponent to 10, which 2 of the 3 would you have the most confidence in to get you to 13? 

Because I can't watch that guy take another snap for this team. I've had it with feeling that the game is over whenever they are down by a TD. We know what he is and what the offense is capable of with him -- practically nothing. So give me literally anyone other than TT at this point.

I get your frustration. And if we were tanking, I would agree with you. But all signs say that we are not. 

Taylor doesn't win games for us, but rarely loses them. Even if we use our firsts on a rookie, neither Trubinsky nor Watson were ready week 1. Mahomes didn't see the field the entire year. The last thing I want is to destroy another project QB like Marrone did EJ 

Nate hasn't had a good introduction to the NFL. I was rooting for him myself. I don't know his future but I didn't have to wait for an answer on how he would be in a game this year. 

He's not ready to start yet. I'd be scared of him getting killed if I had to put him out there. I wouldn't write him off yet but I am not filled with confidence either.

I could ride a rookie season. I could deal with 50 interceptions if it meant Peterman was gonna develop into a brand name. Peterman is a piece I might keep around to see what develops but I wouldn't be ready to start him next year.

I am ready and willing to ride out a rookies season of struggle. I might grow to hate that dude. It still would be worth it to keep trying until the light turns on for a candidate.

If I'm Coach then I keep trying guys in my system until one fits.

Edited by Lfod

3 minutes ago, thebug said:

This is a serious question. Is his comp % to the other team, better than his comp % to Bills receivers? 

And don't answer with "well Tyrod blah blah blah" because I want Tyrod gone as well. 

No. Ultimately, in roughly 5 quarters of play Peterman went 25/52 (48.1%) for 266 yards, 2 TDs, and 6 INTs. He also ran 8 times for 27 yards, 0 TDs, and had 3 Fumbles.