Why the Peterman hate

BBills88

1 hour ago, PeterGriffin said:

Colts game

The pick today was a tough throw for any QB.

On the left hash having to throw to past the numbers on the right side of the field. That is about a 30-35 yard throw and needs to be on a rope. Difficult throw for anybody.

Exactly. It was a dumb playcall. That's prolly more on Dennison than Peterman. I'm really not at all sure that Andy Dalton or Drew Brees would have made out much better. Of course they may have had the sense not to attempt it especially against a first team all pro corner either. In NO Peyton and Drew scheme to maximize Brees's efficiency, putting him in position to succeed. He doesn't have a strong arm so they don't ask him to do the things that Matthew Stafford can do (or Joe Flacco used to). Brandon Cook complained about Brees's armstrength saying it limited his own game. That's why he was traded to NE. Brees will be a first ballot HOFmer. Come to think of it I don't know that Alex Smith is comfortable making that throw either.

Edited by starrymessenger

3 hours ago, twoandfourteen said:

The histrionics here are impressive. 

If Peterman is inept at throwing the football, then what exactly is Taylor? Because he's run one of the worst passing offenses in the NFL for the entirety of his career as a starter. 

This has nothing to do with Taylor. Peterman, in 4 plays had the awkward scramble and fumble that he was lucky to scrape out of bounds, a pick, and an intentional grounding... you should review the first half of the Chargers game if you need confirmation. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Billsatlastin2018 said:

The only concern I had was that this incompetent buffoon was going to get a Pick 6 in the last minute and kill the spread! 

Wowsers!  More concerned about a bet than winning.

Bad fan!!

8 hours ago, major said:

My wife who barely watches football said the following as he came onto the field: "he will throw an interception". And on cue

That’s probably because all you do is tell your wife how bad Petermannis and that he only throws picks!!

I’m all for a new QB but it irks me that Tyrod gets so much flak, and Peterman who is much much worse gets treated like he’s better. Tyrod is the best we’ve had since Flutie, hands down. Eat the crow and move on

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, SaviorPeterman said:

Not sure how anybody can bash Peterman today given the circumstances.

Guy came in off the bench and made a huge 4th down conversion in his first play then another beautiful pass before a garbage intentional grounding call and INT that wasn't legit and not his fault to begin with even if it was.

Bottom line, the future is very bright and look forward to seeing him start next year after a good offseason.

The intentional grounding & the pick were correct calls.

He is what he is.  

I will admit my bias.......  If this was after the blizzard game and mop ups, I'd think nothing of it. 

However that 5 Int performance was so bad it will take a long time for the stink to come off.

6 hours ago, NoSaint said:

I don’t mind peterman but peterman fans can at times be really hard to put up with

Other than the 2 or 3 "Peterman fans" (trolls) we are done with having to watch Taylor flub his way through games.  

Enough is enough.   3 wins and 14 losses when passing 30 or more times.  Three games under 45 in qb ratings. 

Missed wide open guys all too often. Twice yesterday, one in the corner of the EZ on the 2 yard play and once later in the 4th that could have been a TD had he seen the guy streaking all alone down the right side of the field.

12 hours ago, BBills88 said:

People act like the kid wasn't a 5th round pick. Let the kid get a off-season to work on his game. Yeah the LA game was a debacle, he played well in a blizzard. Give him time to develop. I'm not opposed to drafting another QB which their are no guarantees will be successful. I would love to see our qb room contain (Peterman, & Rudolph).

No hate here- he just isnt ready and who knows if he will turn into an NFL QB. Right now he is a number 3 at best. 

10 minutes ago, Rad Likes The Bills said:

No he hasn’t.....that’s the thing all of qb’s have been terrible 

Nate isn't great, but it appears you are biased. 

Colts game he had a rating of 100.8,  in cleanup in the Saints game  he had a rating of 126.7.  (people count TT's garbage stats when they look good)

• Like (+1) 2

12 hours ago, mjd1001 said:

I'm with you on this. Do I think Peterman will be a star in this league? Probably not. Do I think there is a chance..and a chance that he can be a very good start in the NFL? Yep, I think there is  a chance.

Draft a QB next year, bring in a vet, and have them compete with Peterman.  

This why people laugh at Peterman it's nothing personal. It's that people want to usher Tyrod out the door for not being good enough but then want this kid to be involved in a competition for the job.

He can be in a competition for a back up, he's shown nothing that he's a capable starter.

7 hours ago, twoandfourteen said:

That's fair. Maybe I had you mixed up with the guys who are absolutely adamant & convinced that Peterman is already finished and has no shot at an NFL career. 

I don't particularly care if he does or not -- I just have a problem with how the narrative for NP has been twisted. 

How has it been twisted?