Why the Peterman hate

BBills88

Peterman doesnt have much zip on his throws. That pick yesterday took wayyyyyyyyyyy to long to get there. 

Can he improve? Maybe. I certainly wouldnt bet on it. He had a nice preseason and then when the lights came on he failed. Its a very common tale in the NFL. Some guys can do it, some can't.

30 minutes ago, cba fan said:

wrong.

In combine he had more arm strength then Deshaun Watson by about 3mph on throws.

Oh so I guess he just sucks then

6 minutes ago, Captain Hindsight said:

Peterman doesnt have much zip on his throws. That pick yesterday took wayyyyyyyyyyy to long to get there. 

Can he improve? Maybe. I certainly wouldnt bet on it. He had a nice preseason and then when the lights came on he failed. Its a very common tale in the NFL. Some guys can do it, some can't.

Oh so I guess he just sucks then

He also came into the game cold in the last minute of the 4th quarter. I'll cut the guy some slack for not firing 105mph fastballs right out of the gate. 

53 minutes ago, section122 said:

I disagree whole-heartedly and I'll do you one better.  I knew after one half of the Chargers game that he has no shot in this league.  

What is ridiculous is saying he will be better than Tyrod.  What in the world have you seen to say that?  Is it because Tyrod is so bad in your opinion that anyone could be better?  We've seen across the league that isn't true.  Why do we need to wait another year to see what he has?  What are the chances that he could be good?  Seriously what percentage would you give him?  I would rather draft 2 qbs next year than see Peterman under center again.  I don't understand what people have seen from him to make them think he has a chance.  All I see is well Peyton was bad as a rookie or Big Ben had 5 picks in a game.  He is nowhere near the prospect as those guys nor does he have the resume to keep getting chances imo.

No, you didn't know he has not shot. What you have there is an opinion. It's a reasonable opinion and may still turn out to be true, but the constant confusion here between facts and opinions gets old.

He was bad this year, very bad. But he's a rookie. He'll get better but he has to get an awful lot better. The odds are against it, but it's certainly possible.

53 minutes ago, twoandfourteen said:

This is the stuff I'm talking about. 

Sorry the 5th round rookie didn't come off the bench cold and step into the final seconds of a playoff game with everything on the line and get it done for you. 

To make this kind of dismissal on any player after such limited exposure is ridiculous. 

I don't particularly feel great about NP's ceiling -- he's probably a journeyman/spot starter at best. I wouldn't be surprised if he develops into a better overall QB than Tyrod Taylor eventually. Of course, that's not saying very much. 

If you make the "Tyrod doesn't have WRs!" or "Rick Dennison SUCKS!" arguments, then wouldn't those arguments stand as defense for Peterman as well? Maybe give him a shot to develop another year under a new OC? 

It's ridiculous to be so hyperbolic about his status in the league at this point in time.

Ridiculous.

I don't know how Peterman will turn out.

I just want to mention though, that people were giving Tyrod Taylor a break because they were saying he was  basically a "rookie" after 5 or 6 years in the league.

But Peterman doesn't  get that break when he is actually still a rookie! That part makes no sense to me.

9 minutes ago, BadLandsMeanie said:

I don't know how Peterman will turn out.

I just want to mention though, that people were giving Tyrod Taylor a break because they were saying he was  basically a "rookie" after 5 or 6 years in the league.

But Peterman doesn't  get that break when he is actually still a rookie! That part makes no sense to me.

I think it's easier for people to reconcile low production with flashes of explosiveness compared to over an INT per quarter played.

• Haha (+1) 1

Poor Peterman.  He will have to overcome a lot to make it in this league.  That 5 INT game just killed him.  It also gave license to every DB out there to give Peterman zero respect and to try to jump every route.  

2 hours ago, section122 said:

Absolutely.  It doesn't have to be a Tyrod vs.  Nate thing.  They can both be bad.  For some reason Nate gets a ton of excuses for his play.  He has 2 tds to 6 ints and 2 fumbles.  Don't give me the peyton manning nonsense.  1 was the #1 overall pick and one was a 5th rounder.  Nate is bad.  Like shouldn't be on an NFL roster.  The qb of the future is not on the roster right now.  If Tyrod stays it will be as a placeholder until the new guy is ready.  Nate Peterman will never on purpose (meaning unless injury) start another game for the Bills and I would be really surprised to see him on the team next year.  He has shown one thing this season and it is that he can't play in this league.  Doesn't make him a bad guy just can't cut it. 

I one excuse that Nate gets is that hes a rookie with a lot to learn. 

For Taylor there are dozens of excuses.   Those that apply beyond his "talents" apply to all QB's - coaching and perceived lack of good receivers. 

1 hour ago, billsredneck1 said:
1 hour ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Look forward to the draft just as you should. 

i will, but it's going to take a while to heal from yesterday's embarrassing offensive effort.

In truth I've been numb  to Taylor's lack of execution all season, so its wearing off fast.  

2 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

:lol:

In case anyone wonder why I hate Peterman.

I'm not saying Taylor is blameless. We absolutely need to start looking at a successor. But Jesus, you would think that We were talking about Billie Jo Hobart as our starting QB for 3 years running.

Seriously, y'all beating up on 26 are delusional. And that's coming from a Kool Aid drinker  

9 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

I one excuse that Nate gets is that hes a rookie with a lot to learn. 

For Taylor there are dozens of excuses.   Those that apply beyond his "talents" apply to all QB's - coaching and perceived lack of good receivers. 

In truth I've been numb  to Taylor's lack of execution all season, so its wearing off fast.  

I had zero expectations for the offense to do anything yesterday.

Jax would have lost to the Jets yesterday.

I'm stunned that there is still a loud group of tt fans.

OBD drive please, please... no more ....please move on.

16 hours ago, BigDingus said:

Considering it's been said by analysts and outlets reporting on the game, as well as professionals and players, it's not really disputable.

Coupled with if you've played football from Middle School onwards it's pretty obvious. But yeah, the cornerback that was a couple yards behind the receiver somehow got the ball while the receiver who stood in place did not. Gee, if the corner could come towards the ball, how could the receiver not?

tweet.jpg

I question the basic decision about where to throw it. You have to push the ball down the field regardless when there's so little time left on the clock and no TOs. You just have to hope your receiver makes a play. I respect throwing an INT in that situation, but not the one that he threw. It was, flat out, a bad decision and slightly cowardly to boot. A seven-yard out to a weak receiver to about the 45 yard line matched up against one of the very best cbs in the NFL with 24 seconds and no TOs is a bad decision, pure and simple.

Edited by dave mcbride
  • Thank you (+1) 1

He throws an INT on 10% of his attempts. That's an absurd number. I don't see anything in his game that screams "spot starter" or "Reliable backup"  More like liability. This isnt a comparison of Peterman and Tyrod in their development. This is an honest look at a player that is a big boy and is payed well to be ready to play at a moments notice. He has failed consistently and in the game yesterday he was making the same mistakes he made against the Chargers. 

Take him to camp and give him a shot, but dont expect much out of him. Unless he improves dramatically, he will be just another trivia answer in bills history

• Like (+1) 2

IMO the ball was late coming out of NP resulting in the pick yesterday.  Yes the WR could have helped too.

Don't understand the NP love by so many people.  So desperate for anyone other than TT, the next guy HAS to be great, right?

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Captain Hindsight said:

He throws an INT on 10% of his attempts. That's an absurd number. I don't see anything in his game that screams "spot starter" or "Reliable backup"  More like liability. This isnt a comparison of Peterman and Tyrod in their development. This is an honest look at a player that is a big boy and is payed well to be ready to play at a moments notice. He has failed consistently and in the game yesterday he was making the same mistakes he made against the Chargers. 

Take him to camp and give him a shot, but dont expect much out of him. Unless he improves dramatically, he will be just another trivia answer in bills history

whatever....thrown against the chargers d who would have eaten tyrod alive as well....starting in the HISTORICALLY BAD snow storm and then thrown in in the final minute of a playoff game. yep, that's plenty to judge him on. his throwing ability and basic qb skills run circle around tyrod's.

but again ...whatever, tyrod won't be here next year and there's a very good chance with an offseason and training camp that peterman could negate the need for an alex smith. hate on him all you want,but he will be here next year.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

I question the basic decision about where to throw it. You have to push the ball down the field regardless when there's so little time left on the clock and no TOs. You just have to hope your receiver makes a play. I respect throwing an INT in that situation, but not the one that he threw. It was, flat out, a bad decision and slightly cowardly to boot. A seven-yard out to a weak receiver to about the 45 yard line matched up against one of the very best cbs in the NFL with 24 seconds and no TOs is a bad decision, pure and simple.

Yet that's what tyrod does all game long and game after game and excuse after excuse is made for his short comings, but yeah, lets blast the rookie in that situation. Whatever :rolleyes:

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

In case anyone wonder why I hate Peterman.

I'm not saying Taylor is blameless. We absolutely need to start looking at a successor. But Jesus, you would think that We were talking about Billie Jo Hobart as our starting QB for 3 years running.

Seriously, y'all beating up on 26 are delusional. And that's coming from a Kool Aid drinker  

Philly - it's all in the tone and how one answers people.   (i'm sure I'll get flack for saying this) 

If you show respect, you get respect.  It has been my observation that THE person who dislikes Nate the most is 26.   Its been that way since camp.  

The freaking game was over!  We've seen what Nate has done.  

Blaming Nate for the loss is ridiculous.  As we have seen time after time after time TT would not have finished off the game with a TD against a good defense.  He can't even finish off games against bad defenses.  

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

4 minutes ago, MarkyMannn said:

IMO the ball was late coming out of NP resulting in the pick yesterday.  Yes the WR could have helped too.

Don't understand the NP love by so many people.  So desperate for anyone other than TT, the next guy HAS to be great, right?

That was a great play by Ramsey. Super hustle. He wanted the ball more than Thompson.