Why the Peterman hate

BBills88

14 minutes ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

I get your frustration. And if we were tanking, I would agree with you. But all signs say that we are not. 

Taylor doesn't win games for us, but rarely loses them. Even if we use our firsts on a rookie, neither Trubinsky nor Watson were ready week 1. Mahomes didn't see the field the entire year. The last thing I want is to destroy another project QB like Marrone did EJ 

His inability to score points and move an offense definitely loses lots of games for the Bills. Just because there isn't a "C'Mon MAN!" Blake Bortles highlight attached to it, doesn't mean that it's any less fatal. 

Guys like Fitz or Bortles kill you in a instant with a crushing INT. However, they will also make plays in the passing game and those INTs are just the result of that. 

Taylor is the opposite. It's a slow, agonizing, and painful to watch. It's the "death by 1000 paper cuts" approach. 

Either way, you're done for. 

4 minutes ago, twoandfourteen said:

His inability to score points and move an offense definitely loses lots of games for the Bills. Just because there isn't a "C'Mon MAN!" Blake Bortles highlight attached to it, doesn't mean that it's any less fatal. 

Guys like Fitz or Bortles kill you in a instant with a crushing INT. However, they will also make plays in the passing game and those INTs are just the result of that. 

Taylor is the opposite. It's a slow, agonizing, and painful to watch. It's the "death by 1000 paper cuts" approach. 

Either way, you're done for. 

Can I get playoffs with that?

5 hours ago, Thurman#1 said:

No, you didn't know he has not shot. What you have there is an opinion. It's a reasonable opinion and may still turn out to be true, but the constant confusion here between facts and opinions gets old.

He was bad this year, very bad. But he's a rookie. He'll get better but he has to get an awful lot better. The odds are against it, but it's certainly possible.

What? I even finished my post with imo.  Its a message board isn't every post our opinion?  Especially ones that end with imo.

Why though is it a guarantee that he will get better?  There are thousands and thousands of examples of players just not making it.  He got a shot and threw up all over himself.  5 picks isn't just kind of bad it is historically bad.  Listen I could end up completely wrong about this but I don't think I am.  I don't see an NFL qb when he is behind center.  I have seen him make a couple of NFL type throws but they were littered in between fumbles, picks, and poor throws.  Don't hate the guy but don't think he can make it in this league.  

4 minutes ago, section122 said:

What? I even finished my post with imo.  Its a message board isn't every post our opinion?  Especially ones that end with imo.

Why though is it a guarantee that he will get better?  There are thousands and thousands of examples of players just not making it.  He got a shot and threw up all over himself.  5 picks isn't just kind of bad it is historically bad.  Listen I could end up completely wrong about this but I don't think I am.  I don't see an NFL qb when he is behind center.  I have seen him make a couple of NFL type throws but they were littered in between fumbles, picks, and poor throws.  Don't hate the guy but don't think he can make it in this league.  

Do you know how ridiculous writing off a rookie QB after about four quarters of real game action sounds? One game of action...seriously? Complaining about interceptions from a rookie who has no fear throwing in tight windows after three stinking years of Tyrod Taylor playing it super safe and not ever throwing it WRs who were not completely wide open?

I think some Bills fans opinions of what is expected of an NFL franchise starting QB, what is asked of an NFL franchise starting QB, and what the progression of development of an NFL franchise QB looks like, have been stunted. If you're not throwing a higher number interceptions as a young/rookie QB, you're not challenging yourself enough to become a franchise QB. Because learning how to make completions to WRs who have a CB on their back hip is THE biggest hurdle in becoming a franchise QB. No wonder why Taylor never felt the need to challenge himself in Buffalo considering how much crap Peterman is taking from that one start. Get off his back and let him be free to succeed or fail at becoming a franchise starting QB and not a game manager this fanbase has been sadly watching since forever.

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, 1billsfan said:

Do you know how ridiculous writing off a rookie QB after about four quarters of real game action sounds? One game of action...seriously? Complaining about interceptions from a rookie who has no fear throwing in tight windows after three stinking years of Tyrod Taylor playing it super safe and not ever throwing it WRs who were not completely wide open?

I think some Bills fans opinions of what is expected of an NFL franchise starting QB, what is asked of an NFL franchise starting QB, and what the progression of development of an NFL franchise QB looks like, have been stunted. If you're not throwing a higher number interceptions as a young/rookie QB, you're not challenging yourself enough to become a franchise QB. Because learning how to make completions to WRs who have a CB on their back hip is THE biggest hurdle in becoming a franchise QB. No wonder why Taylor never felt the need to challenge himself in Buffalo considering how much crap Peterman is taking from that one start. Get off his back and let him be free to succeed or fail at becoming a franchise starting QB and not a game manager this fanbase has been sadly watching since forever.

I'd rather have a QB that doesn't throw in tight windows to WRs and go to the playoffs than watch Gunslinger Nate throw a pick for every 10 minutes of clock time.

If it was a rookie thing, why don't more rookie QBs throw as many ints as he does?  No one ever has in the history of organized football.  He also has the record for lowest QBR EVER and lowest fantasy football score EVER.

I find it odd that ANYONE except maybe his mother still supports him.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, 1billsfan said:

I think some Bills fans opinions of what is expected of an NFL franchise starting QB, what is asked of an NFL franchise starting QB, and what the progression of development of an NFL franchise QB looks like, have been stunted.(2) If you're not throwing a higher number interceptions as a young/rookie QB, you're not challenging yourself enough to become a franchise QB. Because learning how to make completions to WRs who have a CB on their back hip is THE biggest hurdle in becoming a franchise QB. (3)No wonder why Taylor never felt the need to challenge himself in Buffalo considering how much crap Peterman is taking from that one start. (4)Get off his back and let him be free to succeed or fail at becoming a franchise starting QB and not a game manager this fanbase has been sadly watching since forever.

1.  Maybe he should have some fear?  You seriously watch that and thought "good for him"? 

2.  All time hot take right here.  Tom Brady threw 12 as a first year starter in 15 games. Nate threw half that in 4 quarters.  Drew Brees 16, Big Ben 11, and Aaron Rodgers 13.  No throwing dumb picks isn't some great feat they are just dumb picks.  

3.  :lol: never mind you outdid yourslef the very next sentence.  So Tyrod didn't push himself or try to get better?

4.  Get off his back? :lol: why do we need to see him anymore?  He tried and failed quite spectacularly.  Also I'm some random internet dude.  If me thinking he sucks is the barrier to him being a great NFL qb well I've got some bad news for him...

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, twoandfourteen said:

As long as you have the Andy Dalton Bonus Club Card. 

This is such BS.  Had Hotrod NOT brought us back from 7 down vs Bucs, or Joe Webb III not completed that great pass to Thompson, or had we not beat the Fish in the last game, or the D stepping up vs Cheaps, or beat the defending NFC champs, we still would have been out.

We won a playoff spot by following the rules set up by the NFL before the season started.  Those loser teams that didn't make it (Chargers and Raisins) should have done better than us which they did not.

Bills are far from the only team to ever get in with help.

Why can't we just admit that the bills had a good season and our QB played good enough to get us there?  It's true.  It happened.

I'll be waiting for a yeah but ...

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, reddogblitz said:

This is such BS.  Had Hotrod NOT brought us back from 7 down vs Bucs, or Joe Webb III not completed that great pass to Thompson, or had we not beat the Fish in the last game, or the D stepping up vs Cheaps, or beat the defending NFC champs, we still would have been out.

We won a playoff spot by following the rules set up by the NFL before the season started.  Those loser teams that didn't make it (Chargers and Raisins) should have done better than us which they did not.

Bills are far from the only team to ever get in with help.

Why can't we just admit that the bills had a good season and our QB played good enough to get us there?  It's true.  It happened.

I'll be waiting for a yeah but ...

Wow you put it very well.  It was more than a little annoying to see all last week that the only reason the Bills made the playoffs was because of Andy Dalton.

• Like (+1) 1

22 hours ago, Fadingpain said:

His interception today was purely a function of the ball simply not getting to the target fast enough.  We've seen that before from him too.  I question if he has enough raw arm strength to compete at the NFL level.  Never mind all the other more intangible stuff.

i disagree. yes he has a weak arm....but so did johnny unitas and several other good QBs. The weak armed ones just threw the ball earlier.The worst thing is when a QB doesnt know he has a weak arm.

48 minutes ago, Woodman19 said:

Bortles not only got to the playoffs, but won a playoff game, does that mean you would rather him at QB?

Sure physically he was in the playoffs....but come on....It was not Bortles that "got" his team in the playoffs.....not by a longshot!

8 minutes ago, JPP said:

Sure physically he was in the playoffs....but come on....It was not Bortles that "got" his team in the playoffs.....not by a longshot!

Thats exactly my point, because so many here tout Tyrod as "leading his team" in which is basically the same thing.

12 minutes ago, 1billsfan said:

...pretty pathetic isn't it?.....some sour grapes because Dorsey & Gettleman got GM jobs versus some of the "budding" candidates here??.....sure as hell hope none of the 2018 Draft QB eligibles read crap like this......sure would make you feel real, REAL welcome.....TBD Red Carpet is covered with pigeon stains......a 5th round ROOK with minis, OTA's, TC, some pre-season work, a bad start and some mop up duty defines and era or career according for the good 'ol "One & Done Gang".......plenty of time to earn the "bust moniker"......hell even Darby got labeled a bust in a PRE-SEASON GAME as a rook for getting torched.....

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Woodman19 said:

Thats exactly my point, because so many here tout Tyrod as "leading his team" in which is basically the same thing.

Tyrod did not lead the 2017 Bills...unfortunately....I was rooting for him...but....it is what it is......time to turn the corner and i think get an FA (keenum or smith hopefully.....moreso keenum im thinking) and get draftee QB...but i think still make your offence RUN priority......I hope mccoy stays put.....

5 hours ago, grb said:

An observation : COP-types (Cult of Peterman) typically jump from the Chargers game (superhuman-D, first start, etc) to the Colts game (apocalyptic weather, etc).

But there was actually an interim which seldom gets mentioned :

Chargers : 6-15,  40%,  66 yds  4.7 ypa,  0 td,  5 int,  1 fumble

Patriots   : 6-15,  40%  50 yds,  3.3 ypa,  0 td,  0 int,

Colts        : 5-10,  50%  57 yds,  5.7 ypa   1 td,  0 int,  1 fumble

Jags         :  1-3,   33%  14 yds   4.7 ypa   0 td,  1 int,  1 fumble

LOL there is no cult of peterman ..are you kidding me?????

Edited by Albwan