Solution at QB?

wppete

38 minutes ago, gobills1212 said:

Your initial response of cousins AND a quality qb prospect from the draft made it sound like it's just so easy to do one, we should do both!! Logistics aside of having to pay THAT much for a qb, why would we sign someone paid to be a franchise guy as well as invest a pick that could be used to bolster one of the many weaknesses of this team? Draft a stud with a bridge vet or go all out for cousins. Make a choice and stick w it. You can't double down with the best of both worlds. 

You can interperate what I wrote however you like

I said Cousins and a rookie would be my pick, exact words.(for example, Cousins and a later round prospect), not the top QB in the draft.

At the moment we have 2 bad QBs you still need a back up. Why does NE draft QB almost every year when they have Brady.

1 hour ago, BillsRdue said:

Maybe Keenum, McCown, Bradford, Bridgewater or Smith. Then see which QB is in play in the draft. I'd like to see Mayfield. But no rookie is going to get us over the hump. Let's hope Peterman improves. We've seen the best of TT and it's not good enough. 

After that pick today, it's evident Peterman just don't have the arm strength. I mean come on , he can't get the ball there on an 8 yard hitch. Move on now and don't waste anymore time. 

17 minutes ago, downunderbill said:

You can interperate what I wrote however you like

I said Cousins and a rookie would be my pick, exact words.(for example, Cousins and a later round prospect), not the top QB in the draft.

At the moment we have 2 bad QBs you still need a back up. Why does NE draft QB almost every year when they have Brady.

I understand your concept and what you are saying...but if you aren't drafting a stud then you have Peterman already to grow into your backup roll. So logically, I assumed you meant drafting a stud as that's where the discussion is/was at. Either way, I understand what you are trying to convey. It's just an unrealistic take or suggestion. I don't even mean to be rude or insulting.  I only commented bc it made me chuckle as it's like 'Sure- what team and fan base wouldn't like the bqba in both free agency and draft' bc then you'd hope one works out. It may even land a nice return later in the future in trade but we have enough holes that it can't be an option regardless...feasible or not...

Draft Rudolph, sign a QB (Bridgewater or Bradford or Keenum or McCarron) add pieces to surround the new QB’s and strengthen the trenches on both sides of the ball.

In free agency add depth, maybe go after someone like Star Lotulelei to help the run defense, along with some depth in the defensive backfield. 

1 hour ago, MrEpsYtown said:

If you keep Dennison you need to find a guy to run the West Coast Offense. It just does not fit what Tyrod does well. You can win with Tyrod, but you have to run an offense that fits his skill set. So I think either Dennison or Tyrod go. To me both should go. I think what we do at QB will be dependent on what we do at the OC position. However, I will say that Dennison's play calling sucks and Tyrod's fit in the offense also sucks. 

The WCO works...it isn't the scheme. See what happened with Jimmy G in San Fran. They were bad and then good and all they did was get a QB who could run the WCO. 

I probably trade for Alex Smith and hire Mike McCoy. And have McCoy and Smith get together and install the KC offense. Let Smith call his own plays and draft a guy this year. I bet if Reid let Smith call the plays they probably win yesterday. 

Smith and McCoy are a nice gap solution and draft the future qb to sit a year to two.  Dennison has to go tomorrow! 

Edited by Mopreme

I think Hotrod has shown he's our QB of the future. We should fill the holes around him in the draft and FA and we should be good to go. You know, as long as "Shady" is cool with it.

45 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

Smith isn’t a free agent and I don’t see the Chiefs cutting him.

We could trade them Hotrod for Smith and a pick.

28 minutes ago, peterpan said:

After that pick today, it's evident Peterman just don't have the arm strength. I mean come on , he can't get the ball there on an 8 yard hitch. Move on now and don't waste anymore time. 

Left hash to outside the right numbers. Tough throw for any QB. 

FWIW, I think the DB committed PI as he hit the WR before the ball got there.