Power Struggle in New England between Kraft, Brady & Belichik

YoloinOhio

8 minutes ago, May Day 10 said:

We do have something tangible out of this though

Garappolo has been traded.  I got indigestion last year watching him play and imagining another 12 years of this.  His play with San Francisco reaffirms the AFC East dodged a bullet.  

Very true. Anytime that team becomes any bit weaker, I'm on board. 

6 hours ago, GETTOTHE50 said:

the article is out.

it does connect some dots, but it still feels like there is some speculation.

the guerrero dude is very sketchy. letting that guy in seems to have been belicheats greatest mistake. 

It sounds as though the TB12 plan itself has its sketchy aspects:
They claimed it could absolve football of responsibility for injury: "When athletes get injured, they shouldn't blame their sport," Brady wrote. The method also was so consuming and unwavering in its rules and convictions that, while it helped some players, it felt "like a cult" to others, one Patriots staffer says.

If you feel that your sport is not to blame when you injure your Achilles and your shoulder, who or what is to blame? That can't make treatment and recovery any easier for a guy.

The article didn't bring it up, but if you look at Tom Brady's contract, it's relatively paltry.  He's being paid $14M.  There have been claims that "under the table" during the negotiation, the Patriots agreed to support Brady and Guerrero's TB12 enterprise, both directly by paying them to treat Patriots players (which reveals Guerrero as even sketchier than I thought) but also intimations that Kraft is supporting some of Brady's Business ventures as an "outside the cap" salary supplement.  As the linked article points out, "If Brady profits from the arrangement, “then this would seem to be in violation of the salary cap, at least in spirit,’’ said Daniel Rascher, a sports economist at the University of San Francisco who has consulted for the NFL."  But the intimations are the support goes a lot further than that (Kraft investm

In the end, that may be the story of Brady and Belicheck's legacy: violation of lots of stuff, "at least in spirit"

12 hours ago, Kwai San said:

Seriously?  I call BS.....and no way at 40 would I want him......in BB systems he does well......but only in BB's system.

DUDE!  PUT.  DOWN.  THE.  PIPE!!!!!  10+ years?!?!??!  I do not see it at all.....maybe just maybe but I don't see it.  The Niners weren't THAT bad to begin with......he just nudged them over - thats it.  Don't give him anymore credit that he deserves.

Try watching one of their games.  Jimmy G is the real deal.  I have watched two of them now & he looks like a young Joe Montana to me.  I think the 49ers hit gold here, they will win their division next year as long as Jimmy G stays healthy.  The AFC East dodged a major bullet by NE panicking & unloading the wrong QB.

• Like (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

That's complete horse ****. The football world will be talking all weekend about the Bills winning

And when we do, I'd love to hear someone on the Bills team simply tell a reporter "!@#$ the Patriots.". 

I mean, sincerely, I cannot stand them and would whistle Dixie for a month should Brady simply be mowed down by a run away bus.  

The Guerrero-Brady stuff has always scared the crap out of me and this article just reaffirms that.  It really does have cult written all over it.  I had to read the quick description of his background about 5 times before I could continue reading the rest.

3 minutes ago, Gordio said:

Try watching one of their games.  Jimmy G is the real deal.  I have watched two of them now & he looks like a young Joe Montana to me.  I think the 49ers hit gold here, they will win their division next year as long as Jimmy G stays healthy.  The AFC East dodged a major bullet by NE panicking & unloading the wrong QB.

...which is why the deal made no sense......so maybe the article does have some merit....anyway, BB turns 66 in April and can retire with FULL Social Security to get by............

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Gordio said:

NE really messed up.  The 49ers traded Montana with Young waiting in the wings just as the Packers moved on from Favre with Rodgers ready to take the helm. 

• Like (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, horned dogs said:

Regardless of what you call it,  the problem exists never the less. If it brings the house down I'm up with it.

I am fine with the problem existing, and I am sure it does. We will see how it plays out.

Calling it a "power struggle" between the three is sensationalist clickbait nonsense.

5 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

NE really messed up.  The 49ers traded Montana with Young waiting in the wings just as the Packers moved on from Favre with Rodgers ready to take the helm. 

yes, and you KNOW Belichick is smarter than that.  He knows that it isnt easy to develop these guys (Hoyer, Mallette, Cassel, etc...).  He had to have wanted to move on from Brady.  I would, and as a Bills fan, I was hoping that the Patriots wouldnt

• Like (+1) 1

gotta wonder if the forced trade could push BB over the edge if say they lost in the afc title game.  He decides to try and trade brady in order to get up in the draft. Although I don't see anyone outside the browns that need one at the moment. 

7 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

The '08 Pats are the only team in the 12 team playoff era to miss the playoffs with an 11-5 record.  That was Belichick's best coaching job.  Matt freaking Cassell.

That fine, but I was replying to a post that stated the Patriots made the playoffs in 2008.