Power Struggle in New England between Kraft, Brady & Belichik

YoloinOhio

Wow. very definition of a hit piece. 

" It didn't look like Belichick's last regular-season game as the Patriots' head coach, but several coaches and staffers later remarked to one another that it felt as if it could be. "

"IF" true brady went to kraft behind belichick back to force jimmy G trade

then not to far a stretch to think belichick got his revenge by kicking out brady's fitness guru.

doesn't matter...kraft has handled  much bigger issues like deflategate......i'm sure he can smooth over this little dust up

If mcdaniels finally leaves after having HC opportunities almost every season, then I know it’s about to be over. He’s stayed as long as he knows Brady is playing at a high level and the machine is well oiled. If he senses that is over, he will leave. 

6 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

If mcdaniels finally leaves after having HC opportunities almost every season, then I know it’s about to be over. He’s stayed as long as he knows Brady is playing at a high level and the machine is well oiled. If he senses that is over, he will leave. 

I think it will be telling if both Patricia and MCDaniels leave.  It would not shock me if Belicheat decided to walk before any tarnish to his legacy.  That would definitely be the end of the road for the Pats.  

The only thing I agree with about this article is that it felt like they were gearing up for a final run this offseason. They made trades and signed guys in ways they normally don’t. 

The Jimmy G thing is interesting if true, but the rest doesn’t seem like anything of substance that would cause the team to disband like it suggests. 

3 minutes ago, MDFan said:

I think it will be telling if both Patricia and MCDaniels leave.  It would not shock me if Belicheat decided to walk before any tarnish to his legacy.  That would definitely be the end of the road for the Pats.  

why? why would it be shocking? both have been pegged as potential HC's, so it's a natural progression. Many Patriots coordinators became HC's during this run. They all sucked, and likely will continue to (because they dont have Brady)

In no way do i see one or both of them leaving as any kind of indication of future of the franchise. 

18 minutes ago, papazoid said:

"IF" true brady went to kraft behind belichick back to force jimmy G trade

then not to far a stretch to think belichick got his revenge by kicking out brady's fitness guru.

doesn't matter...kraft has handled  much bigger issues like deflategate......i'm sure he can smooth over this little dust up

also...regarding the "coming to an end" comments

brady will be 41 (aug) by start of next regular season.....of course it's nearing the end....even chadwick chad predicted that

I just read the ESPN article, and it is a truly well done masterpiece of story telling and factual bits intertwined for a phenomenal piece. It is interesting to see and hear all of the complexities of the organization and the tense bond that remains between the big three of the Pats and how a simple trainer and health adviser could crash the NFL's greatest dynasty through subterfuge and careful construction of a role within an organization of which he is not employed. 

Also, and it's loathsome to admit, it's remarkable that the Pats continued to win Championships through terse lips and frigid relationships, given how dependent each person is of the other. Also, it paints Belichik in quite a different light - the fact that he's investing in his assistants to help groom them for their next step, talking to Kyle Shanahan in the weeks after the Super Bowl loss to help him learn from what they did wrong in that loss and then calling him and offering Jimmy G. at a reduced price because he believed Jimmy G. would be a good fit for Kyle's Offense and Kyle would benefit from a good to great QB. All insightful pieces of information....for anyone who loves football, has disdain for the Pats, and admires greatness, this article is a fantastic read. Worth the time. 

belichick offered jimmy G $17-18 mil/yr.....that's bold for a backup.

look,,,,the timing was just off.....brady is having an MVP season....you don't dump him for anyone.....you ride it out for another 3 years or so.

jimmy G knows he can get $25 mil/yr and actually start.....he made the right decision for him,  to reject that lower offer to be a backup.

4 minutes ago, Clemfield2622 said:

why? why would it be shocking? both have been pegged as potential HC's, so it's a natural progression. Many Patriots coordinators became HC's during this run. They all sucked, and likely will continue to (because they dont have Brady)

In no way do i see one or both of them leaving as any kind of indication of future of the franchise. 

I said it would be telling, not shocking.  Both, but particularly MCDaniels, have elected to stay rather than move despite being sought after in prior years.  If they see the end of the road, like Brady slipping, no succession plan at QB, and Belichik leaning toward retirement, they will bolt.  

11 hours ago, Koko78 said:

Power struggle between the three? Yeah... I'm pretty sure Mr. Kraft wins any "power struggle" by default.

However, this seems like sensationalist nonsense. How the !@#$ do you have a "power struggle" over taking credit? Seriously, is that even a thing? A childish argument? absolutely. Frosty relations and bruised egos? Certainly. A "power struggle"? Not buying it.

Regardless of what you call it,  the problem exists never the less. If it brings the house down I'm up with it.

1 hour ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

This is all a good read, but until they fall apart it's sadly just a good story.   

This is where I'm at with it. Show me the physical demise, and you'll see a smile from ear to ear. 

2 minutes ago, teef said:

This is where I'm at with it. Show me the physical demise, and you'll see a smile from ear to ear. 

We do have something tangible out of this though

Garappolo has been traded.  I got indigestion last year watching him play and imagining another 12 years of this.  His play with San Francisco reaffirms the AFC East dodged a bullet.  

• Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, Steptide said:

Is there some huge payout if one of them is responsible for the dynasty or something? This is seriously what they care about 

Human nature brother.  It was bond to happen, my surprise is that it took so long.