Rod Watson on the Bills

Never thought I'd see the day when a metropolitan newspaper rivals PPP for stupidity.  

2 minutes ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

Wow. One read was enough for o make me hate this man forever. There is a byline I will avoid going forward. 

I'm sure his response would be "How can you hate me when President Trump is three tweets away from a dictatorship!  Get some perspective, man!"

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, Captain Murica said:

Who is this !@#$? Sounds like he sucks at life.

His implication was that super-fans suck at life.    

Gotta' admit...."vicarious sense of accomplishment" was funny.:lol:

There is a lot of truth in what he says about super fans.....................but the problem is that the agenda behind it is that he is furious that there are people out there who aren't totally CONSUMED about the political and social issues that he is.

1 minute ago, BADOLBILZ said:

His implication was that super-fans suck at life.    

Gotta' admit...."vicarious sense of accomplishment" was funny.:lol:

There is a lot of truth in what he says about super fans.....................but the problem is that the agenda behind it is that he is furious that there are people out there who aren't totally CONSUMED about the political and social issues that he is.

So does that mean he is a super fan of Political and Social issues? :lol:

• Like (+1) 1

I agree that we sports fans are a little out of control about our teams and maybe lose some perspective. It would be nice if we put more energy into social concerns that impact our lives on a daily basis. However, what Rod Watson fails to address is that many of us are capable of being a passionate sports fan AND function at our jobs and be actively involved in politics or social causes. A few of us may even go to museums. Silly article.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

He stopped being relevant decades ago, if he ever truly was. Mad that more people care about the Bills than his bad columns and takes. He'll go down, in all seriousness, as the most under-read columnist in TBN's history. He truly brings little to the table and I would guess readership of his articles is single digit percentage of all reads. So after a lifetime of irrelevant work, he's annoyed others are happy when he's miserable.

That's an embarrassing write up. I have stuck up for Sullivan and the other negative writers, atleast they focus mostly on football. This guy is apparently pissed that folks aren't focusing all their energy on politics. 

Is this what 3 bucks gets yah for writers? How did anyone think this write up was appropriate? A day after Bills fans donate 200k? to Dalton's and Boyd's charitiable causes. What a joke.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

He seems like a guy who doesn’t get it. Buffalo is a football city. All those other things are nice. Fact is 70,000 people aren’t lining up  to look at a Frank Lloyd Wright masterpiece on a Sunday. The Bills have been a healthy distraction from some of the struggles Buffalo has had over the years. 

Go Bills! Go (away) paperboy! 

Last I heard, it's perfectly legal to both support the Bills and be a fan of Wright. Don't know what this guy's problem is.

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

Yep. I went to the Moma Museum in NYC this past July and the Wright exhibit was amazing. And I love the Bills. 

Yep. Love the Bills.

Love local restaurants, local music, arts, museums, architecture, and our amazing place as a city in American history.

I also follow “politics” and world news.

Sometimes I am more focused on certain things over others. Right now, it happens to be the Bills. On home game sundays, it’s my little escape from the real world. A ‘happy place’, if you will.

So go suck an egg Watson.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2