Don’t look for validation from Cowherd

A friend and fellow Bills fan told me Sunday night that the best thing about making the playoffs is that “now Cowherd HAS to talk about Buffalo.”

I told him “not a chance.” I just don’t understand the obsession of some Bills fans for national media acceptance. From Colin Cowherd in particular. It’s my personal opinion he does show prep using major media market numbers and jersey sales as a base. It’s a formula that obviously works for him. Mention certain players and teams despite their relevance to actual news (i.e. the time devoted to discussing Dallas even after they were eliminated). And who am I to tell his millions of listeners he’s wrong? It works. Hell, I listen at times during my commute. 

Personally, I spend the few dollars to subscribe to Buffalo News and the Democrat and Chronicle just so I don’t have to waste the time of sifting through the Nationally syndicated’s leavings just to get some Bills info. I already own a cat. I do enough poop scooping. 

The Bills will be national news when they earn it. And it feels as though we’ve turned the corner and that’s not too far off. 

Had not listened to him in years and by chance was driving today in our new car which has free Sirius for 3 months....I was struck by how his show today seemed literally verbatim from years ago...exactly the same topics and exactly the same subjects and exactly the same takes....

15 minutes ago, benderbender said:

Personally, I spend the few dollars to subscribe to Buffalo News and the Democrat and Chronicle just so I don’t have to waste the time of sifting through the Nationally syndicated’s leavings just to get some Bills info. I already own a cat. I do enough poop scooping. 

The Bills will be national news when they earn it. And it feels as though we’ve turned the corner and that’s not too far off. 

Well at least it explains why you buy the newspapers - something to line your cat litter box with.

20 minutes ago, benderbender said:

A friend and fellow Bills fan told me Sunday night that the best thing about making the playoffs is that “now Cowherd HAS to talk about Buffalo.”

I told him “not a chance.” I just don’t understand the obsession of some Bills fans for national media acceptance. From Colin Cowherd in particular. It’s my personal opinion he does show prep using major media market numbers and jersey sales as a base. It’s a formula that obviously works for him. Mention certain players and teams despite their relevance to actual news (i.e. the time devoted to discussing Dallas even after they were eliminated). And who am I to tell his millions of listeners he’s wrong? It works. Hell, I listen at times during my commute. 

We've earned it for our charitable giving.

It all comes down to winning. 

Yeah, Bills fans do tend to have this wierd obsession with hearing about the Bills on a national level, yet most of us will tell the average Joe that these national media outlets don't know anything about our Bills.

But the obsession is really for a winning team. It's been a long time since the Bills have been a good team, year in, year out, so the national media hasn't had much to say about the Bills since then, unless it was something negative (and in most cases, it was warranted). With winning comes coverage, not the other way around. 

Cowherd is a blow hard....that's it!  He says provocative stuff to make himself relevant.  In reality, he doesn't know his you-know-what from a hole in the ground.  I still remember him talking about the CFP last year...."Ohio State is gonna boat race Clemson, I guarantee it".  Of course, we all know, Clemson shutout mighty OSU 31-0.  There are many more examples but that one was pretty hilarious.  Who cares what this dude has to say about anything.

2 hours ago, benderbender said:

Your theory may hold true.

The last time I listened to him was years ago when he was still on the air on WGR-550.

I swear to God, the number of references he made to F-ing Urban Meyer was bizarre.

He mentioned the guy by name multiple times per day, not as part of news but just as part of his Schtick.

The guy can F-off as far as I'm concerned; I find him highly annoying and a bit of a punk.

He reminds me of Jim Rome in certain ways...another guy I refuse to listen to.

Not a huge Cow fan based on his incessive "analogy" style. But he did give the Bills a lot of love when we were 5-2. Today he made all his playoff picks based on who has the better qb. He picked Buffalo over Jacksonville giving Tyrod the slight edge over Bottles. Has Brady n Brees in the SB.