Missed Tackles, Jerry Hughes, Preston’s Overturned TD....

Bakin

I’m not sure if the stats are available but how many tackles are we missing every week?

it seems to be the most that I’ve seen in a long time. 

Jerry Hughes bungled I believe 2 sure fire sacks though I don’t even know if that qualifies as a missed tackle. 

Wrap em up boys!!!! 

Preston Brown dancing around in glee after the call had been reversed was pure idiocy. Not just him but a number of the guys were mistakenly cheering for the reversal. Shows lack of awareness. Isn’t this the guy who’s captaining our D??

, Riveron !@#$ed us again....

I’ve watched it about a dozen times and I’m not sure what angle he saw other than the one that had a Bills helmet scoring a TD....

Wished they had shown the replay again after the ruling on the Preston Brown TD was reversed.  Would have liked to see exactly where the Dolphins player was ruled OOB.  No one noticed it prior to refs reasoning for overturning call on the field.

Edited by richardb1952

27 minutes ago, Bakin said:

I’m not sure if the stats are available but how many tackles are we missing every week?

Jerry Hughes bungled I believe 2 sure fire sacks though I don’t even know if that qualifies as a missed tackle. 

Wrap em up boys!!!! 

Preston Brown dancing around in glee after the call had been reversed was pure idiocy. Not just him but a number of the guys were mistakenly cheering for the reversal. Shows lack of awareness. Isn’t this the guy who’s captaining our D??

I’ve watched it about a dozen times and I’m not sure what angle he saw other than the one that had a Bills helmet scoring a TD....

Jerry had a great game yesterday, but the two sacks were missed because he was going for the strip on Fales.  Get the sack 1st!

• Like (+1) 3

29 minutes ago, Bakin said:

Wrap em up boys!!!! 

it's not that serious. he wasn't dancing after the call was reversed, rather while it was being explained. again, not that serious. multiple people thought the call would stand. not quite sure why we're on a crusade.

...as you stated yourself:

"Riveron !@#$ed us again....

I’ve watched it about a dozen times and I’m not sure what angle he saw other than the one that had a Bills helmet scoring a TD...."

yet you want to go out of your way to criticize a player for thinking what everyone else was thinking. makes sense.

Edited by 87168
  • Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, White Linen said:

Triplette, IMO, is the worst referee in the game right now.  What was with all the smiling and smirking in referee huddles and while he's announcing the calls?  He's embarrassing himself out there.   

Triplette has been embarrassing himself for 16+ years now......remember when he almost blinded Orlando Brown with his penalty flag? - guy is a TOTAL moron.  That being said I can totally see the OOB call.......Riveron is digging himself a deep hole in which many owners will gladly throw on the dirt in to cover him up.

• Sad 1

Turnover was just that, a turnover. Another fleece job by Riveron, who seems to have it out for us.

Hughes keeps going for the strip, when he could get the sack. Like Shady sometimes, I want to tell him to stop trying to win the game on every play, and win the game one play at a time.

Prestons celebration was a head scratcher. I think when he heard "out of bounds", he thought the ref was saying Preston himself stepped out during the return before scoring. Still a dumbass move.

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, 87168 said:

it's not that serious. he wasn't dancing after the call was reversed, rather while it was being explained. again, not that serious. multiple people thought the call would stand. not quite sure why we're on a crusade.

...as you stated yourself:

"Riveron !@#$ed us again....

I’ve watched it about a dozen times and I’m not sure what angle he saw other than the one that had a Bills helmet scoring a TD...."

yet you want to go out of your way to criticize a player for thinking what everyone else was thinking. makes sense.

It’s not serious. And I’m not going out of my way...But my god is was dumb. 

Call is overturned - Preston celebrates. He misunderstood and it was God awful dumb ...took about 16 seconds before someone came up to him and said ‘not a fumble, overturned’. 

3 hours ago, White Linen said:

Triplette, IMO, is the worst referee in the game right now.  What was with all the smiling and smirking in referee huddles and while he's announcing the calls?  He's embarrassing himself out there.   

While no fan of Triplette... he made the right call on the field.  It was the reviewer in NYC that mucked it up, not Triplette.

• Like (+1) 2

6 hours ago, richardb1952 said:

Wished they had shown the replay again after the ruling on the Preston Brown TD was reversed.  Would have liked to see exactly where the Dolphins player was ruled OOB.  No one noticed it prior to refs reasoning for overturning call on the field.

I agree. From what I saw in HD was that the ball was definitely not firmly in his grasp BEFORE it hit the ground and popped up. IOW, the ball was coming loose before it hit the ground AND before the guy was down.  It should have been a fumble/TD return for the Bills. Same old, same old on the call going against the Bills.

6 hours ago, Bad Things said:

While no fan of Triplette... he made the right call on the field.  It was the reviewer in NYC that mucked it up, not Triplette.

That wasn't my point.  His behavior laughing in those huddles was bizarre.  Pretty serious game that the NFL moved it's time for a serious reason and he's goofing around?  The guys calling the game noticed it too.  There was absolutely no reason for him to be acting like that, there was nothing funny going on during the game.  

10 hours ago, Bakin said:

Wrap em up boys!!!! 

Hughes had 7 hurries! Missed at least 2 easy sacks. Pass rush has shown life the last month, need to step up still though. Hughes plays run very well too.

8 hours ago, Bakin said:

It’s not serious. And I’m not going out of my way...But my god is was dumb. 

Call is overturned - Preston celebrates. He misunderstood and it was God awful dumb ...took about 16 seconds before someone came up to him and said ‘not a fumble, overturned’. 

Thank god we actually won the game with all of these screw ups you saw

• Like (+1) 1