The Wall.

Nanker

32 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

You seriously don't think he is a racist? What more evidence do you need? Saying that immigrants from countries that are mostly black are bad, but from lilly white Norway are good, is classic racism. Mexicans are rapists, scapegoating immigrants as criminals, declaring that their are good people among the Nazis that murdered someone, I mean what more do you want?  

fingernails.jpg

5 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

Lindsay Graham confirmed he said it and Graham's been Trump's biggest cheerleader these last few months.  I think Congress members have come to a place where they need they feel to educate the president because Graham apparently tried to educate Trump on immigration yesterday.  Another example is at that televised meeting where Feinstein asked if he'd be open to a DACA stand alone bill and Trump basically said yes.  That they'd do DACA first and then move on to comprehensive immigration reform.  McCarthy (GOP majority leader) jumped in to explain to the president why that was a horrible deal for them.  Trump just looked confused.  When Trump does his homework on something he seems to make the right decisions (Paris Climate Accords, moving US Embassy to Jerusalem, slashing unnecessary regulations, etc.).  When he doesn't you get dumb comments like he made yesterday that the media is ready to pounce on.

As Trump explained later he was open to a DACA deal if it included the other provisions he wanted. He'd be crazy to give the dems a DACA deal without getting what he wants in a trade-off.

In order to allow the dreamers permanent residency (not citizenship) he needs to get the following:

End of chain immigration.

End of lottery.

Authorization and funding for a wall/fence and other border security.

19 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

Lindsay Graham confirmed he said it and Graham's been Trump's biggest cheerleader these last few months. 

Lindsey Graham switches around so much I'm surprised his head is still attached.

On a related note, in a sane society Lindsay Graham would have been dragged into the public square with a black hood over his head long ago.

I mean seriously, you trust a guy who looks like this?

graham.png

39 minutes ago, Justice said:

Trump is embarrassing. No doubt about that. I didn’t vote for him and I didn’t vote for Hillary. I don’t like either one. Having said that I can only assume being a Trump supporter is much like being a dog that has an owner that spreads peanut butter on his nutsack. 

I vote for entertainment, chaos, and excitement in my lifetime.  Free the prisoners of CA! Increase taxes until peoples' eyes explode! War with whatever!

That said, Trump 2020, Newsom 2024. 

latest?cb=20140116201108

If we don't see the apocalypse between those two, I might not see it in my lifetime.  Boring!!!

1 hour ago, Doc Brown said:

Lindsay Graham confirmed he said it and Graham's been Trump's biggest cheerleader these last few months.  I think Congress members have come to a place where they need they feel to educate the president because Graham apparently tried to educate Trump on immigration yesterday.  Another example is at that televised meeting where Feinstein asked if he'd be open to a DACA stand alone bill and Trump basically said yes.  That they'd do DACA first and then move on to comprehensive immigration reform.  McCarthy (GOP majority leader) jumped in to explain to the president why that was a horrible deal for them.  Trump just looked confused.  When Trump does his homework on something he seems to make the right decisions (Paris Climate Accords, moving US Embassy to Jerusalem, slashing unnecessary regulations, etc.).  When he doesn't you get dumb comments like he made yesterday that the media is ready to pounce on.

:beer:

I doubt he said it, but even if he did it's not the four alarm media emergency that it's being made out to be. It's not the first, nor last time, a sitting president has used foul language to describe other nationalities. 

Which is why I say it's a distraction. There are a lot of stories that need distracting right now. Some of these people are literally fighting to keep their asses out of the clink at this very moment. 

6 hours ago, GG said:

With one little word, trump managed to wipe out any semblance of goodwill he's built up over the last couple of months.

He wiped out goodwill with whom? The #resistance? The #nevertrump crowd? The #notmypresident snowflakes? The people in the shithole countries?

Anyone who actually matters?

8 minutes ago, Koko78 said:

He wiped out goodwill with whom? The #resistance? The #nevertrump crowd? The #notmypresident snowflakes? The people in the shithole countries?

Anyone who actually matters?

The people who were in the room with him looking to strike a deal.  

37 minutes ago, GG said:

The people who were in the room with him looking to strike a deal.  

Seriously, do you really think that because Trump called another country a shithole that a legislator would change his intended vote? I'm more inclined to think that Trump called the proposed deal a shithole of a deal because he was pissed that they would come to him with that crap.

13 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

Seriously, do you really think that because Trump called another country a shithole that a legislator would change his intended vote? I'm more inclined to think that Trump called the proposed deal a shithole of a deal because he was pissed that they would come to him with that crap.

oh I don't know, perhaps the possibility of the first truly bipartisan legislation to be passed in his term?   

21 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

He did say it in private in an unknown context. I know I'd certainly change my vote based on that, were I a legislator.

This ranks right up with TWO scoops of ice cream that the evil racist misogynistic Nazi rat bastard demanded.

#resist

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, 3rdnlng said:

Sounds about right, when you consider all of his comments being taken out of context by the lying media and the politicians they worship. 

18 hours ago, 3rdnlng said:

The first time the 2007 bailout was up for vote in the House, it failed because Pelosi didn't give the Republicans any credit, so they voted against it en masse.

So...yes.

19 hours ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

Hitler advocated for universal healthcare.

And full employment.  And silencing the politically incorrect.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

The first time the 2007 bailout was up for vote in the House, it failed because Pelosi didn't give the Republicans any credit, so they voted against it en masse.

So...yes.

Doesn't seem like an apropos analogy but let me tell you that I give your response a serious, heartfelt and well thought out........................whatever.

Dens overplayed their hand and Trump simply kicked them in the balls - (the US Chamber of Commerce ball-licking Lyndsay Graham too). 

There will be no DACA deal now. There will be a shutdown. There will be war with North Korea. The PATS*** will win the SB this year. 

That at is all. 

On 1/12/2018 at 5:19 PM, 3rdnlng said:

It unfortunately fuels the narrative that Trump is a lunatic racist and gives the left another reason not to work with him.  Lefties have another public opportunity to claim that they represent the moral high ground.

Edited by keepthefaith

On 1/12/2018 at 5:18 PM, TakeYouToTasker said:

Trump has evolved on the wall! 

How how do you get out of a stupid promise that stupid, gullible people believe? 

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/01/17/us/politics/chief-of-staff-kelly-trump-not-fully-informed.html?hp&action=click&pgtype=Homepage&clickSource=story-heading&module=first-column-region&region=top-news&WT.nav=top-news

3 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

You leave Guantanamo open for your successor to deal with

On 1/14/2018 at 7:13 PM, Nanker said:

Dens overplayed their hand and Trump simply kicked them in the balls - (the US Chamber of Commerce ball-licking Lyndsay Graham too). 

There will be no DACA deal now. There will be a shutdown. There will be war with North Korea. The PATS*** will win the SB this year. 

That at is all. 

Is it wrong that the last one you predicted I find the most disturbing?

• Like (+1) 1

Sad to see the Republican party descend into a party based on racial paranoia. We are a country based on republican ideals, a country of laws. The Republicans seems to think we are country based on skin color (shithole countries vs. Norwegian immigrants). Building a stupid and useless wall is the physical and ideological expression of this direction of the Republican party. Remember when Reagan demanded a wall get torn down? Capitalism works and the free flow of labor is a major component of capitalism, as Reagan understood. Now we have the Republicans following the scapegoating tactics of the Nazis. They ran a commercial this week scapegoating immigrants for crime and murder. https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-politics/wp/2018/01/20/in-campaign-ad-trump-says-democrats-complicit-in-crimes-by-immigrants/?tid=a_mcntx&utm_term=.780e5c39b286 Even other Republicans were throwing their arms up in disgust. This is a terrible and unAmerican turn towards hate, isolationism and myopia. 

2 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Sad to see the Republican party descend into a party based on racial paranoia. We are a country based on republican ideals, a country of laws. 

:lol:  Not since 2009, moron.

On 1/17/2018 at 11:52 PM, row_33 said:

MAybe in five years Trump will have a heart attack. But where is he gonna find a heart?

He has a heart.  And a brain.  And courage.

He just needs to go home.

5 hours ago, Tiberius said:

We are a country based on republican ideals, a country of laws.

We are? Where was this when Obama claimed he had a pen and a phone, changing legislation by executive order?

Or are we only a country of laws when a Republican is in charge?

• 2 years later...

Up to 210 miles of the wall is completed.
(Trump at presser just now)

And, he mentioned the 9 court cases the administration had to go through to build the new wall.

500 miles by next year.

I posted this in a different thread last month. Better here:

0 at 10:23 AM, Buffalo_Gal said:

Trump is on Maria Bartiromo this morning (recorded interview) and said that there will be 500 miles of new wall by early next year. This is in addition to rebuilding the old wall.

(me) There are 1,954 miles of border, 580 miles of existing wall (in 2016), adding 500 more miles would be 1080 miles. This 2019 article is very anti-Trump, but it lists the natural barriers and the areas that would be covered by troops instead of walls. 

• Thank you (+1) 4