Darnold is unimpressive tonight

Lenigmusx

1 hour ago, DallasMac said:

Nobody would look good with the pressure he's been facing.  O line has been bad.  Not to mention the lack of running game.  He's still thrown some nice balls.  I'd take him without hesitation.

Except Dashawn Watson who we could of had with our 10 pick    thanks  dermitt/Paluga for forcing the trade down 

Just now, transplantbillsfan said:

Sweet!!!

Maybe he falls to us!

amiright?! :flirt:

Even Kirk Herbstreet, who is very respected around the college ranks, said after the game that Darnold needs to go back to school for another year. Pretty strong statement coming from a guy that thinks he is a future franchise QB.

1 minute ago, matter2003 said:

He has been unimpressive for a lot of this year to be honest.

Like I said upthread, he looked better last year IMO. That's not a good thing if you don't improve in college. Put the ball on the ground more than any other player in FBS this year. He is a turnover machine.

3 minutes ago, Bubba Gump said:

Even Kirk Herbstreet, who is very respected around the college ranks, said after the game that Darnold needs to go back to school for another year. Pretty strong statement coming from a guy that thinks he is a future franchise QB.

Like I said upthread, he looked better last year IMO. That's not a good thing if you don't improve in college. Put the ball on the ground more than any other player in FBS this year. He is a turnover machine.

Geno Smith 2.0

2 minutes ago, Bubba Gump said:

Again... so our hope could then be he comes out, falls, maybe we still trade up but not as far as top 5, and maybe we let him sit on the bench for just a little while while he who shall not be named (by some :flirt:) starts for a bit while he grows a little.

Yeah, maybe he's still a bit raw.

But a lot of what I've read and heard say he has the potential to be a generational QB.

Well now, 5 minutes after Herbstreet said Darnold needs another year in college, Jesse Palmer just told Van Pelt that Darnold needs to leave school and declare for the 2018 draft. So now I'm convinced he needs to go back to school for another year. Never listen to a dude who was so desperate to find a woman, he went on the show 'The Bachelor'. 

1 hour ago, DallasMac said:

A better arm sure, but I think Darnold will be the far better pro.  I grew up in Wyoming and really wanted Allen to be good but I just don't see it.  He's got a cannon and can move but the accuracy and touch aren't there.

If this is true, no way. A QB without accuracy will get you beat like a drum.

58 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

If this is true, no way. A QB without accuracy will get you beat like a drum.

He's got a fast ball and that seems to be the only thing he can throw.  If he can improve the touch the accuracy will improve.  It will take a while.  

1 hour ago, liverpoolkev said:

Except Dashawn Watson who we could of had with our 10 pick    thanks  dermitt/Paluga for forcing the trade down 

Trubisky and Watson were the Qbs I wanted.  You just never know how guys will come back from acl tears though.  I believe this is Watson's second tear.  Rg3 was never the same after his.

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, rodneykm said:

He's going to be a, I struggle to put this with enough enthusiasm, A MASSIVE BUST!!!! 

He is NOT a starting NFL calibar QB unless you love losing. Let someone else make this mistake please. 

Go back through my posts.

SAM DARNOLD SUCKS!!!!

I would not go as far to say he sucks, but after to listening to a few of his interviews, he does not seem to be extremely smart. He has a great arm, but that seems to be about it. His second throw last night was into a triple covered WR. From there on the night got worse for him. Most fumbles by a QB in FBS. He just doesn't know how to make quick enough decisions. Just listen to a few of his pressers. Sounds like another surfer dude with a big arm. And I loved this kid after last year, but I think that one game against Penn St is what made this guy so desireable.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Again... so our hope could then be he comes out, falls, maybe we still trade up but not as far as top 5, and maybe we let him sit on the bench for just a little while while he who shall not be named (by some :flirt:) starts for a bit while he grows a little.

Yeah, maybe he's still a bit raw.

But a lot of what I've read and heard say he has the potential to be a generational QB.

Get off Tyrod please - that is not who you want teaching a future pocket passer for a year.  If you are going to draft a pocket passer - go get a veteran that throws from the pocket and can read coverage.  Someone that will do what the coaches want in the flow of the game.

If you are drafting a running QB like Jackson - then you maybe keep TT, but you do not want TT teaching a young QB to be late with throws and not throw to open WRs.

If you decide to keep TT as a bridge - you need him to be teaching the rookie how to read defenses and what you are looking at and that is not what TT is about.  

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Success said:

Bad game overall - but I get the fuss.  He has made some sick throws

I watched the USC/UCLA game with Kirk Herbstreit as commentator.  He was right on with the QB comparison that Darnold has some wow throws but is inconsistent while Rosen is solid, more accurate and consistent.  Kind of like Favre vs Brady

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.