Irv Weinstein RIP

Wacka

Guy was, and still is, a LEGEND.

Pistol packing punks.

RIP, Irv. A part of all WNYers from those days died along with you today. Irv Weinstein, you’re really a pro. You got all the news, that we want to know!

Edited by Binghamton Beast
  • Like (+1) 1

Irv was an icon in Southern Ontario, drinking games were based on his 11pm topping story if there was a fire, I had Tonawanda....

his best ad hoc time was calling his son in San Fran after the earthquake when it hit him personally

and I saw his last telecast when he broke up during his farewell speech, much deserved

Buffalo TV channels in the 70s and 80s gave me a lot of personalities that were human and stayed their whole careers for my informing, thanks Irv!!!!!

22 minutes ago, row_33 said:

Irv was an icon in Southern Ontario, drinking games were based on his 11pm topping story if there was a fire, I had Tonawanda....

his best ad hoc time was calling his son in San Fran after the earthquake when it hit him personally

and I saw his last telecast when he broke up during his farewell speech, much deserved

Buffalo TV channels in the 70s and 80s gave me a lot of personalities that were human and stayed their whole careers for my informing, thanks Irv!!!!!

Thanks to Irv, I grew up thinking that house fires were no big deal, because they were so bloody common it was just the natural order of things.  

What was the worst thing they made him do for local news? 

Like the time they asked him to stand too close to a bear at the zoo and he got clawed or something......

Edited by row_33