Irv Weinstein RIP

Wacka

Guy was, and still is, a LEGEND.

Ā 

Pistol packing punks.

Ā 

RIP, Irv. A part of all WNYers from those days died along with you today. Irv Weinstein, youā€™re really a pro. You got all the news, that we want to know!

Edited by Binghamton Beast
  • Like (+1) 1

Irv was an icon in Southern Ontario, drinking games were based on his 11pm topping story if there was a fire, I had Tonawanda....

Ā 

his best ad hoc time was calling his son in San Fran after the earthquake when it hit him personally

Ā 

and I saw his last telecast when he broke up during his farewell speech, much deserved

Ā 

Buffalo TV channels in the 70s and 80sĀ gave me a lot of personalities that were human and stayed their whole careers for my informing, thanks Irv!!!!!

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

22 minutes ago, row_33 said:

Irv was an icon in Southern Ontario, drinking games were based on his 11pm topping story if there was a fire, I had Tonawanda....

Ā 

his best ad hoc time was calling his son in San Fran after the earthquake when it hit him personally

Ā 

and I saw his last telecast when he broke up during his farewell speech, much deserved

Ā 

Buffalo TV channels in the 70s and 80sĀ gave me a lot of personalities that were human and stayed their whole careers for my informing, thanks Irv!!!!!

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Thanks to Irv, I grew up thinking that house fires were no big deal, because they were so bloody common it was just the natural order of things.Ā Ā 

What was the worst thing they made him do for local news?Ā 

Ā 

LikeĀ the time they asked him to stand too close to a bearĀ at the zoo and he got clawed orĀ something......

Ā 

Ā 

Edited by row_33