Interesting playoff implication

Billsfanatixs

The difference in probabilities is because at 9-7, a win against Miami gives the Bills the tiebreaker over Baltimore, but if the win comes against NE that gives the tiebreaker to the Ravens.  (At 10-6 the Ravens also hold the tiebreaker)  

Ironically (luckily?) the two games against the Pats this year have less playoff implications for Buffalo than any other games since Week 10.  But win or lose this Sunday it's unlikely the Bills get into the playoffs without a win against Miami next week.

• Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

No we aren't we are going to get beat like a drum just like we have in the 2nd meeting every year since God knows when.

God says "Yep I know when.... December 28th, 2014.... you're welcome. Now go to church ya heathen!"

• Haha (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, aceman_16 said:

God says "Yep I know when.... December 28th, 2014.... you're welcome. Now go to church ya heathen!"

In a game that actually mattered to them with their starters playing...let's preface that statement

6 hours ago, Dr.Sack said:

We are going to beat New England 26-13.

No way we win by two scores...because if we were ever fortunate to get a lead in this game Dennison and the offense would go into conservative mode until the other team was able to comeback and win.  Plus, Brady happens to play better when he’s losing 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Cygnus99 said:

Yes but the probability would be less than 1 % but not zero percent so another words NO 

Interested to know the scenario where they go 8-8 and make it in. Would it have to be a 4-way 8-8 tie with the Ravens, Titans and Chargers?

7 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Can we go 8-8 and get into the playoffs?

Yes.

Ravens lose last two

Chargers lose last two

Dolphins lose to KC

3 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Make it simple. Root for the Jets to beat the Chargers. Then all we need is a win over Miami and the Jags to beat the Titans. (Rams/Titans and all Ravens games become moot.)

Same thing happens if the Titans beat the Rams. Beat Miami and Jags beat Titans and Bills are in.

Bills get in at 8-8 if:

Titans lose 2 (Everyone thinks this will happen)

Chargers lose 1 (Everyone thinks this is somewhat possible bordering on unlikely)

Ravens lose 2 (No one thinks this will happen)

Edit: plus Dolphins lose to the Chiefs

Even if the Chargers win one, the Bills get in on the 4 way 8-8 tie across 2 wildcards.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/machine/_/factor/wins/results/400951748~1~400951739~2~400951791~2~400951596~2~400951642~2

Edited by What a Tuel

57 minutes ago, Chris66 said:

No they didnt. No Gronk or Edelman both tackles. A lot of guys sat that day

Did Brady start? .... cause he is the only one who matters. And just checked Nate Soldier played. Who are the 2 tackles you are referring to. Amendola played. Blount played. Vareen played. Most of their entire defense played. So yeah most of their starters started.

And here ya go... https://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/201412280nwe.htm#all_vis_snap_counts

Edited by aceman_16
tossed in link for future accuracy

8 hours ago, Billsfanatixs said:

According to the playoff machines. if the Bills finish out 1win 1 loss, we would be much better off if that loss from from New England. Like 70% chance if we Beat Miami vs. 46% chance if we beat New England. If we win out, 99% chance

I'm rooting for the win-out 99% option.

If we beat the Pats tomorrow (a gigantic "if," I know), I think it puts us on a different course.  Goliath has been defeated, long live David!   A win in Foxboro would elevate the players' confidence in themselves, in the coaching staff, and in the "process." 

It would therefore, I think, improve the odds of winning the Miami game and launching us into the playoffs. 

And I say that knowing full well that Miami's victory over the Pats didn't help them at all in their next game.  Different team, different circumstances.  

1 hour ago, aceman_16 said:

Lol... they started their starters and we went in with a JV team. The "matter" part would be correct

There was no Gronk, no Amendola, no Edelman, and a few defensive players that didn't play...but yeah lets pretend they all did. And Brady played a few series and then left.  Revisionist history.

50 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

There was no Gronk, no Amendola, no Edelman, and a few defensive players that didn't play...but yeah lets pretend they all did. And Brady played a few series and then left.  Revisionist history.

Actually... you are revising history. I posted an actual game stats link earlier. In case you missed it here is the link https://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/201412280nwe.htm#all_vis_snap_counts

As you can see... pretty much their entire defense started. However, for those too lazy to check their facts here is a fun copy paste from there:

Patriots Starters

Player     Pos
Tom Brady    QB (48% of the snaps)
Brandon Bolden    RB
** Danny Amendola    WR ** oops howd he get on there... you swore he didnt play! and 81% of snaps to boot!
Brandon LaFell    WR
Brian Tyms    WR
Michael Hoomanawanui    TE
Nate Solder    LT
Josh Kline    LG
Bryan Stork    C
Ryan Wendell    RG
Marcus Cannon    RT

Chandler Jones    RE
Rob Ninkovich    LDE
Alan Branch    DT
Vince Wilfork    DT
Sealver Siliga    DT
Jamie Collins    LB
Jonathan Casillas    LB
Darrelle Revis    LCB
Logan Ryan    RCB
Devin McCourty    S
Patrick Chung    S

Anyhow, carry on!

Edited by aceman_16
added snarky commentary

2 hours ago, aceman_16 said:

Did Brady start? .... cause he is the only one who matters. And just checked Nate Soldier played. Who are the 2 tackles you are referring to. Amendola played. Blount played. Vareen played. Most of their entire defense played. So yeah most of their starters started.

And here ya go... https://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/201412280nwe.htm#all_vis_snap_counts

Lookat the snap count my friend in the link you provided. There are a lot of 0 in there.

lol the starting Offense oddly had 0 (zero) defensive snap counts and vice-versa!

Ex:  Tom Brady    QB    32  snaps   48% of the total offensive plays

Tom Brady QB Defensive plays  0    0%  

Tom Brady QB Special Team plays 0    0%

Edited by aceman_16

20 minutes ago, aceman_16 said:

lol the starting Offense oddly had 0 (zero) defensive snap counts and vice-versa!

Ex:  Tom Brady    QB    32  snaps   48% of the total offensive plays

Tom Brady QB Defensive plays  0    0%  

Tom Brady QB Special Team plays 0    0%

You must be on the mobile app

Ot confused me too. 

25 minutes ago, Chris66 said:

You must be on the mobile app

Ot confused me too. 

For the record.. I am NOT saying that win mattered. I just wanted to show people that the Pats* had most of their entire team play the first half sans 2 players. I also wanted to point out that the Bills were winning before they were pulled out. I am not twisting that IF the Pats* wanted to win or they kept the starters in that they would have.

1 hour ago, Jamie Nails said:

I think if Tennessee and Baltimore both finish 10-6 too

Tennessee, Baltimore, Jacksonville and Buffalo at 10-6. Titans win the AFC South, Jaguars #5, Ravens #6