John Murphy Scolds Bills Fans For Being "Negative"

BuffaloRush

21 minutes ago, RussellDopeland said:

When Murph hasn't had his second gallon of "rocky road", he gets pissy.

Murph is a talentless sellout who, list most WNY broadcasters, would not and cannot find work outside of WNY.

Just listened to the clip.  No offense to the OP, but I didn't find it very interesting, and Murph's reaction was predictable.

He is effectively the State Radio in Nazi Germany, but then people wonder why he doesn't criticize Hitler's policies or mention the fact that the war in Russia is not going very well?

As to how anyone can listen to a show of that ilk, I have no idea.

Edited by Fadingpain

1 hour ago, BuffaloRush said:

Did you hear the clip - he actually makes reference to that.  He says I wonder if the fans in Los Angeles started calling the team "Ramsy"

What kind of joker even attempts to compare Bills fans to Rams fans? The two fanbases should never be mentioned in the same sentence. Both Rams fans where too busy surfing to coin the term “Ramsy”. Plus, in their two years of existence they don’t have much of a history. Murph’s arrogance bothers me, because it’s often backed by minimal intellect. I can cope with arrogant media personalities if they can demonstrate intelligence. Miller works for the Bills. It’s his job to promote them; I understand that fact. However, far too frequently he comes across as being uninformed imo. 

Edited by DriveFor1Outta5

1 hour ago, Jerry Jabber said:

Murphy hates the term “Billsy” as well.

I can’t stand Murph...he comes across as disingenuous...he tries too hard to come up with catch phrases during games, and it’s so over the top that I cringe every time I hear them played at the top of his broadcasts...his screeching voice is worse than nails on a chalk board...and his blatant “homerism” disqualifies him of providing any real analysis of the team imo, relegating him to nothing more than a supersized cheerleader.

56 minutes ago, Captain Murica said:

He gets extremely triggered by that term, and basically wants answers as to why it's even a term. I started to find John Murphy, and Donald too positive, and never critical of the team when it's deemed necessary, imo. But, then again I find Jeremy White is often to cynical for my taste, and negative. 

BILLSY- something that triggers or helps to cause epic failure :D

I didn't listen to it, but I suspect I know what they're talking about.  I've been noticing it around here for a couple of weeks.   

Generalizing, of course, but I think a lot of fans assume it's impossible to beat the Patriots.   I've felt that way for a while, but I think that's not the way the coaches and players think about it. 

It goes to the point McD, the Bills players and frankly most other coaches and players make all the time:  all they're thinking about is the next game.   And it's just a football game.   It's the same game we played in high school.   The outcome of most games is NOT determined in advance.   Sure, in high school and in college there are a few games on your schedule where you're clearly out matched, where you're lambs being led to slaughter.  But in the NFL, where the talent is pretty much equal across the board, "on any given Sunday" really is the rule.   Most of the teams can win any game on their schedule. 

That doesn't mean that one team shouldn't be favored over another, because there are better and worse teams.   But it does mean that the outcome of most games isn't such a sure thing as a lot of fans assume.  

Bills-Pats will be a three-hour battle, the same game we played in high school, except better players and better coaches.  Pats are favored, but it's foolish to assume that we can mail in the result.   Pats are well coached, but so are the Bills.  And the Bills are as motivated as any Bills team playing in Foxboro for the past 20 seasons.   This is a big game, and the outcome is not pre-determined. 

I think there's more pessimism about this game than is merited. 

• Like (+1) 1

Tune into Shopp and Bulldog for the negative take. They will rip the team after a great victory. I couldn't believe how negative they were over this last squish the fish.  

To me, they are ear vomit. I'd take positive Murph any day. 

Edited by Idandria
  • Like (+1) 3

"How dare fans be critical of this team that hasn't done anything in 17 years"

Said the guy who has his checks signed by the Buffalo Bills.

I'm shocked.

I stopped listening to that show a long time ago.  It's not very good, or objective.

17 minutes ago, Idandria said:

Tune into Shopp and Bulldog for the negative take. They will rip the team after a great victory. I couldn't believe how negative they were over this last squish the fish.  

To me, they are ear vomit. I'd take positive Murph any day. 

I'm the exact opposite.  I'd rather listen to the guys that think and talk about the team in a more objective, data driven sense, which I find Schopp and the Bulldog's show to be.  Them being negative on the team is because the team has been mostly negative for the entire time they've had their show.  I think they, like all Bills fans, would love to cover a team that was contending year in and year out, but fans and media members alike don't have the ability to make "their" teams good.

That's up to the Pegulas......and so far they've shown that they're totally inept.

Edited by Estro

2 hours ago, Captain Murica said:

He gets extremely triggered by that term, and basically wants answers as to why it's even a term. I started to find John Murphy, and Donald too positive, and never critical of the team when it's deemed necessary, imo. But, then again I find Jeremy White is often to cynical for my taste, and negative. 

Jeremy White is that dorky dude who thinks he is smarter and funnier than everyone else at a party and has people rolling their eyes at what he says and then after he leaves to go to the bathroom his wife apologizes for him to the rest of the guests...

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I cannot listen to Murphy.  He'll pose a question,  he already knows the answer he wants, then take callers.  He then commences to tell the callers their wrong if they differ from his opinion which is only revealed after someone says something he doesn't agree with.  

On top of that he's so boring.  There's never a single interesting thing discussed on his show, IMO.

42 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

Jeremy White is that dorky dude who thinks he is smarter and funnier than everyone else at a party and has people rolling their eyes at what he says and then after he leaves to go to the bathroom his wife apologizes for him to the rest of the guests...

Perfectly stated, he’s the one guy that claims to have a super high IQ and is better than everyone else. 

3 hours ago, billsfan11 said:

I 100 percent get the negativity. What does he expect when this franchise hasn't made the playoffs in almost  2 decades

I don't know. Some positivity when they are in contention?

I really believe some people actually be upset when we end the drought.

57 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

e35c6097-5d9f-4ffc-bb01-d634a33becd3.jpg

2 hours ago, JaCrispy said:

I can’t stand Murph...he comes across as disingenuous...he tries too hard to come up with catch phrases during games, and it’s so over the top that I cringe every time I hear them played at the top of his broadcasts...his screeching voice is worse than nails on a chalk board...and his blatant “homerism” disqualifies him of providing any real analysis of the team imo, relegating him to nothing more than a supersized cheerleader.

BILLSY- something that triggers or helps to cause epic failure :D

Yeah. Just recently with "Zay day". Come on now, Murph... 

Plus, hmmm where might "Billsy" come from? Probably the host of epic, infamous, snakebitten failures and almost total lack of real success. I was 13 the last time we were in the playoffs. Damn right I'm bitter, and negative as a result.

Show me the baby and I'll pull a 180°

2 hours ago, DriveFor1Outta5 said:

What kind of joker even attempts to compare Bills fans to Rams fans? The two fanbases should never be mentioned in the same sentence. Both Rams fans where too busy surfing to coin the term “Ramsy”. Plus, in their two years of existence they don’t have much of a history. Murph’s arrogance bothers me, because it’s often backed by minimal intellect. I can cope with arrogant media personalities if they can demonstrate intelligence. Miller works for the Bills. It’s his job to promote them; I understand that fact. However, far too frequently he comes across as being uninformed imo. 

It was actually Donald Jones who mentioned that he wonders if Rams fans felt the same way during this season, wondering if they could keep up with the big boys because if their past history & record. 

The Rams have a very long playoff drought themselves. Last year was their 12th consecutive year without playoffs...

I believe it was the 3rd longest playoff drought in all professional sports. 

Just look at what they have done from 2005 to current....

Up until this year, their best season (since 2005) was 8-8. 

Starting in 2005 their win total was 6 wins (2005), 8 wins (2006, which was their best season up until this year), 3 wins, 2 wins, 1 win, 7 wins, 2 wins, 7 wins, 7 wins, 6 wins, 7 wins, 4 wins (2016).  

So so it's really not that far fetched to compare the teams runs of futility and what the fans have been through (remember, there are a lot of Rams fans in LA that have followed the team since they left in 1994). 

Jones and Murphy's point was that both teams have new coaches that look to have changed the culture and have the team going in the right direction, and in the Bills case they also have new people in charge from top to bottom - owners, GM, front office staff, personnel and scouting staff. So they don't think it really make sense to compare the current team/coaches/etc. to the failed ones of the past and assume that they are going to make all the same mistakes they usually do. 

IMO, I think its a fair point. 

7 hours ago, Fadingpain said:

Murph is a talentless sellout who, list most WNY broadcasters, would not and cannot find work outside of WNY.

Just listened to the clip.  No offense to the OP, but I didn't find it very interesting, and Murph's reaction was predictable.

He is effectively the State Radio in Nazi Germany, but then people wonder why he doesn't criticize Hitler's policies or mention the fact that the war in Russia is not going very well?

As to how anyone can listen to a show of that ilk, I have no idea.

You live in California,Right?