Steelers vs. Patriots

Real McClappy

32 minutes ago, Chris66 said:

Coaching in this league is horrible. Thats why. The only coach that understands situational football is Bellichick

Such a crock. The Patriots win more often than not because they have Brady. Sometimes Gronkowski but that's not as big a factor. It's not Belichick. James was wide open for  TD, couldn't make a routine clean catch. That's not Belichick. 

1 minute ago, TheFunPolice said:

Well, I guess that throws a wrench into NE being the "greatest team of all time" then. That's the point. Those 49ers teams were loaded with HOF players, not just the QB and the coach and maybe a TE.

That's why you can't compare eras. That's also why it's a joke to call NE the greatest team of all time.

Exactly. They may have had the longest run, simply because the key components stayed together where others did not. 

1 minute ago, Boatdrinks said:

Such a crock. The Patriots win more often than not because they have Brady. Sometimes Gronkowski but that's not as big a factor. It's not Belichick. James was wide open for  TD, couldn't make a routine clean catch. That's not Belichick. 

No but the remainder of that series was Tomlin having his head up his butt.

Just now, Chris66 said:

Or you could say this will never happen again in a salary cap era.

Probably not. Perfect storm of a QB and HC having success EARLY enough that both get to stick around.

You need a somewhat young(ish) HC with a very young QB to play together for this long. IF you get a veteran QB and a decent but veteran HC one or both will be retired by the time 10 years goes by.

All I can hope for is that the Steelers make it to the AFC Title game where NE will be fresh of 2 bye weeks and take it to them, keeping this game in their back of their minds as extra motivation to get those extra yards in the running game

Just now, 26CornerBlitz said:

bench the SOB!

1 minute ago, TheFunPolice said:

All I can hope for is that the Steelers make it to the AFC Title game where NE will be fresh of 2 bye weeks and take it to them, keeping this game in their back of their minds as extra motivation to get those extra yards in the running game

bench the SOB!

Interesting ... I'm just hoping the Pats get knocked off and don't make the title game. 

2 minutes ago, TheFunPolice said:

bench the SOB!

They won't, I personally expect the Jags be the AFCCG game with the Pats.

as for Eli, he wants stay on his New HC good side. (Rumor is McDaniels is going get the Giants Job)

Peyton and Eli, and to some degree Flacco, are about the only QBs who have been able to have any kind of success against NE.

I think of the QBs Brady faced in the Super Bowl....

Warner: probably Brady's most impressive win was VS the Rams, though the Pats defense having the Rams plays probably helped... still took a last second FG

Delhomme: a cute story for a year or two... boats with fans on them riding through swamps to gramma's house where everyone is eating gumbo and cheering on the bayou boy made for some fun stories pre-game

McNabb: LITERALLY threw up all over himself when it mattered most

Wilson: another impressive win for Brady, given that he had to come back to do it against what was supposedly a great defense

Ryan: literally looked like he had just seen a ghost at the overtime coin toss... seldom do you see a QB so clearly rattled

Eli: a decent career overall and somehow made the plays when he needed to, unlike most of the above SB QBs

12 minutes ago, TheFunPolice said:

Peyton and Eli, and to some degree Flacco, are about the only QBs who have been able to have any kind of success against NE.

I think of the QBs Brady faced in the Super Bowl....

Warner: probably Brady's most impressive win was VS the Rams, though the Pats defense having the Rams plays probably helped... still took a last second FG

Delhomme: a cute story for a year or two... boats with fans on them riding through swamps to gramma's house where everyone is eating gumbo and cheering on the bayou boy made for some fun stories pre-game

McNabb: LITERALLY threw up all over himself when it mattered most

Wilson: another impressive win for Brady, given that he had to come back to do it against what was supposedly a great defense

Ryan: literally looked like he had just seen a ghost at the overtime coin toss... seldom do you see a QB so clearly rattled

Eli: a decent career overall and somehow made the plays when he needed to, unlike most of the above SB QBs

Umm the Rams game was all regards spygate which was about  defense signals. Othing do with O. And if your talking about that damn Boston Globe article which was retracted a week later as lies then wel ok.. ? 

eli had coughlin.. without him he and the Giants get smoked.

46 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

They won't, I personally expect the Jags be the AFCCG game with the Pats.

as for Eli, he wants stay on his New HC good side. (Rumor is McDaniels is going get the Giants Job)

I expect the pats to be there, as well. But hope they won't. I hope Tom Brady gets hit by a bus and can't walk again, living his life a parallelogram.

1 hour ago, PatsFanNH said:

Umm the Rams game was all regards spygate which was about  defense signals. Othing do with O. And if your talking about that damn Boston Globe article which was retracted a week later as lies then wel ok.. ? 

eli had coughlin.. without him he and the Giants get smoked.

The Patriots never smoked anyone in a Super Bowl.

1 minute ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

pretty evident considering the team.

(Act like everyone here) well I don't see the ball touching the ground it is clearly on his arm ?. But seriously that shows me nothing did he regain complete control before hitting the ground? 

36 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

(Act like everyone here) well I don't see the ball touching the ground it is clearly on his arm ?. But seriously that shows me nothing did he regain complete control before hitting the ground? 

Watch the video

Rolls up his stomach after clearly hitting the ground with no hand under the ball. That is by the NFL rule not a catch.

https://cdn.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/STm-jMucxR4ChmzZTF3TC0CG8nE=/0x0:530x298/720x0/filters:focal(0x0:530x298):gifv():no_upscale()/cdn.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_asset/file/9325645/cookstd.0.gif

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Happy Gilmore said:

The crux of the matter is: what is a catch?  Does anyone really know?  I'm sure the NFL has defined it, but the definition appears to be hazy, or fluid at least.  This needs to be made more clear, and possibly simplified.

Id honestly say they made it very clear, but fans (and some players, coaches etc..) don’t like it and are arguing it should be hazier 

10 minutes ago, Real McCoy said:

Watch the video

Rolls up his stomach after clearly hitting the ground with no hand under the ball. That is by the NFL rule not a catch.

https://cdn.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/STm-jMucxR4ChmzZTF3TC0CG8nE=/0x0:530x298/720x0/filters:focal(0x0:530x298):gifv():no_upscale()/cdn.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_asset/file/9325645/cookstd.0.gif

If I remember right he has to also "fail to maintain control" I could be wrong.. but this one you can not tell if he maintain control or not from this angle. Like I have said before they easily could have ruled it incomplete. All depends on the refs you get and the angles they have for the catch.

4 hours ago, apuszczalowski said:

How is it a made up standard? Almost Every time there is a replay on tv the always talk about how the refs have to have conclusive evidence in the replay in order to overturn a call made on the field. You can't say without any possible doubts that the ball is loose and on the ground from any angle or photo available right now. That's the problem with the call

“Has to be seen” and “conclusive” aren’t the same thing. we can conclude plenty of things through various deductions without seeing. And I also feel like I see it. Agree to disagree at this point 

1 minute ago, Success said:

I will truly cherish the day when the football world isn’t consumed with everything the patriots do and games/calls like this past Sunday get zero attention.

Well the GAME deserved the attention it was a great game no matter what laundry they were wearing both teams put in a hell of a show! And as for calls like that, I love the fact most can discuss it rationally without getting their underwear in a bunch. It's a good thing!

8 hours ago, PatsFanNH said:

The James play and the Cooks play are nearly identical.  If you put a gun to my head I'd probably say both were bobbles and the ground assisted with the catch.  But the replay from neither showed irrefutable evidence.  Both plays should have stood.  If you're going to reverse one, you have to reverse the the other.

The problem for me with the rule as it is, the end zone should be different imo. The instant you establish two feet down and break the plane with the ball in your possession it should b a Td, play over. The same for a catch in the endzone. Two feet down with clear possession in the end zone should be a Td. 

7 minutes ago, Turk71 said:

The problem for me with the rule as it is, the end zone should be different imo. The instant you establish two feet down and break the plane with the ball in your possession it should b a Td, play over. The same for a catch in the endzone. Two feet down with clear possession in the end zone should be a Td. 

Agree.  It seems like there are 3 sets of catch rules.  One for the end zone, one for the sideline and one for within the field of play.  This may not be true but when you watch how games are officiated, it appears there are 3 different interpretations of what is/isn't a catch. 

On 12/18/2017 at 3:00 PM, Happy Gilmore said:

Not making anything up, ricko.  Look at the gif of the catch below and tell me you can for certain say the ball hit the ground.  Looks to me that James had possession of it during the entire process.

As far as your Gronk scenario, not applicable.  It would probably not be questioned, or if it was, never overturned.

sunlocminnba5xhquhwa.gif

It's very clear that he lost total control. The Earth is a sphere, gravity is real, and man landed on the Moon. Don't deny the obvious.

If it was Gronk in this position, he would have gotten flagged for OPI. 

Sunday will go a long way to determine how the new culture of the Bills is progressing. With Rex, the defense would absolutely sabotage the playoffs for a chance to deliberately injure Gronk.  

On a different note, good luck against Miami. I really mean that. The Bills' fans are more passionate and loyal. You expect so much more from your team. 

On 12/18/2017 at 9:23 PM, apuszczalowski said:

So what your saying is you have no evidence showing the ball actually touching the ground? 

Unless you are Ray Charles or Stevie Wonder, it's pretty obvious that the ball was on the ground. Watch the video and let the obvious truth set you free! The only people who don't see this are those that don't want to because they are blinded by jealousy! 

In all seriousness, good luck against Miami! It would be great to have you guys back in the playoffs.

6 minutes ago, ricko1112 said:

It's very clear that he lost total control. The Earth is a sphere, gravity is real, and man landed on the Moon. Don't deny the obvious.

If it was Gronk in this position, he would have gotten flagged for OPI. 

Sunday will go a long way to determine how the new culture of the Bills is progressing. With Rex, the defense would absolutely sabotage the playoffs for a chance to deliberately injure Gronk.  

On a different note, good luck against Miami. I really mean that. The Bills' fans are more passionate and loyal. You expect so much more from your team. 

Fine, have it your way, I'm tired of talking about it.  Enjoy yet another ill-gotten win.

Gronk, flagged for OPI?!  :lol: Puleez...not a chance.  Mad Cow infected Meathead shouldn't have even been playing last Sunday if there was actual justice in the NFL.

We control our own destiny at this point, just have to win out.

4 minutes ago, Happy Gilmore said:

Fine, have it your way, I'm tired of talking about it.  Enjoy yet another ill-gotten win.

Gronk, flagged for OPI?!  :lol: Puleez...not a chance.  Mad Cow infected Meathead shouldn't have even been playing last Sunday if there was actual justice in the NFL.

We control our own destiny at this point, just have to win out.

The 1st ill-gotten will be the first.

You won't win out, but the win against Miami will still give you a chance, no? 

Merry Christmas bud!