MCD on wgr

The juice

2 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

The funny part its ok to question or hate his decision to punt and still like McD.  And I am one of them.  I hate his clock management overall this year and I also hated the decision to punt there and I said at the time he did it that Win or Lose I hate the decision.

Im glad it worked out, but it was a very low percentage play to work out under those conditions.  In a normal game, sure, punt.  But in that game where Indy mostly ran the ball, that meant a lot of time was likely coming off the clock.  And getting the ball back with very little time in those conditions would be a very difficult thing to overcome given the difficulty in passing and also kicking.  Not to mention our top 2 QB's were out of the game and our Top WR was hurt.

Terrible call...nothing can really be said to defend it IMO.  We got lucky and it worked out, but it was still a call I think he made mistake on.  And his "tie" comments only further that mistake as he clearly was playing to protect from a loss and take a tie.  

Don't forget about the timeout he burned to think it over and he still punted.  That only exacerbates an already bad decision. 

44 minutes ago, billsfan11 said:

Its actually crazy that people here think a tie isn't a horrible thing. There is absolutely no chance they go to Foxboro and beat the Patriots

but a head coach that is coaching a professional NFL team is not afforded the luxery of thinking like a fan.

His job is to go up there and find a way to beat them....not concede the loss.

I dont understand why you have such a hard time with this.....but it is the internet

39 minutes ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

funny to see all this crying when it didn't really matter because they ended up winning any way. but, the "what if" crowd has to make a real big deal about it.

keep bitching and moaning about it because it's what some of you do best around this joint.

It certainly gets them ATTENTION.

Trolls in training.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, joesixpack said:

Me too.

Schopp is such a prick.

You may think Schopp is a prick (most around here do) but he is on the correct side of the punting in OT issue, and the coach is on the wrong side.  The fact that Schopp is a marginal radio broadcaster and McD is actually a HC in the NFL makes the whole thing either hilarious or really sad, depending on your perspective.

Also, any suggestion that McD is bright enough to "troll" S&B is a joke.

The dude is an idiot jock who loves him some Jesus, his military, and his pickup truck and who has been elevated way out of his IQ zone.

I'm convinced of that now.

1 minute ago, Fadingpain said:

You may think Schopp is a prick (most around here do) but he is on the correct side of the punting in OT issue, and the coach is on the wrong side.  The fact that Schopp is a marginal radio broadcaster and McD is actually a HC in the NFL makes the whole thing either hilarious or really sad, depending on your perspective.

The dude is an idiot jock who loves him some Jesus, his military, and his pickup truck and who has been elevated way out of his IQ zone.

Lol ok Lombardi 

10 minutes ago, John from Hemet said:

but a head coach that is coaching a professional NFL team is not afforded the luxery of thinking like a fan.

His job is to go up there and find a way to beat them....not concede the loss.

I dont understand why you have such a hard time with this.....but it is the internet

It still has to factor in your thinking though... You got to know in the back of your mind you have to go win that game because you have to go at New england In a few weeks. If he didn't think that, that's another mistake on his part.

If he actually thinks they have a better chance to get in the playoffs by going for the tie against a lousy team at home then have to go to Foxboro to win, then he is severely mistaken

Edited by billsfan11

1 minute ago, Fadingpain said:

Maybe you're just a very prejudiced person and your judgement is clouded by the stereotypes you are applying to him?

12 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Don't forget about the timeout he burned to think it over and he still punted.  That only exacerbates an already bad decision. 

Oh wow, I missed that.  Ok now I REALLY hate the decision more than I already did...I missed the TO part, I have new floors going in at my house, so must have missed the TO part.  Even worse decision.  

4 minutes ago, Fadingpain said:

What if we lost the game?

The context is what is important in the interview.  While I disagree with punting on 4th and 1, continuously ragging on it will do nothing productive.  They won, yes I hated the call, but he is not wrong.  He simply stated that he wanted a win, but would have rather tied than lost.  Wouldn't you?

1 hour ago, DriveFor1Outta5 said:

I’m convinced that many NFL coaches are simply unintelligent. 

This is quite the statement.  

This is why I hate media sometimes and the stupid people that only follow quotes instead of context.  Let's get ready for the fish to lose tonight and next week!

It took a 39 yard pass by a 3rd string quarterback to a 3rd receiver to put us in position to move toward the win.  They had the ball at the 41, and in my opinion he should have gone for the first down.  It reminded me of Gregg Williams punting on 3rd and 2 against the Patriots in 2002.....gutless, but we lost that game.  The win was a fluke.  

I am thrilled that we won, but had we lost I don't know that I could look at a single replay.