MCD on wgr

The juice

1 minute ago, Like A Mofo said:

How is a tie WORSE then a loss?

Have some of you lost your mind?

8-7-1 IS better then 8-8

The point is that we needed to go for the win, on our home field against a pathetic 3 win team regardless of the weather.

And no matter what anybody says a tie would have been the same as a loss given the teams we are chasing right now in the wildcard picture.

9 minutes ago, T-Bomb said:

He says he's always thinking about winning now, AND wining in the future.  A tie flies in the face of that, totally...

I'm convinced, he's an idiot.

For Christ sake you homers!

if you're so !@#$ing smart why don't you go coach the bills?

you idiot.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, SaviorPeterman said:

The point is that we needed to go for the win, on our home field against a pathetic 3 win team regardless of the weather.

And no matter what anybody says a tie would have been the same as a loss given the teams we are chasing right now in the wildcard picture.

Yeah.  Why worry about that pesky math stuff?

1 minute ago, SaviorPeterman said:

No, it wouldn't have been.

This really isn't difficult.

Win > Tie > Loss

Better chance > Less good chance > No chance.

3 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

We all know if they had run on fourth down and not made it the same folks would be screaming that he should have punted

Uh no....I keep hearing some say this.....and I don't think alot of people feel that way...I knew that getting stopped was a possibility and so did others.

Just now, horned dogs said:

Uh no....I keep hearing some say this.....and I don't think alot of people feel that way...I knew that getting stopped was a possibility and so did others.

We'll never know for sure of course.  But if this coach said grass is green some here would say he's wrong

• Like (+1) 1

A tie would have really sucked. It worked and lucky for him it did because that would have flipped a bunch of his supporters. Hopefully behind closed doors they rethink the decision making process a bit. I have tried to remain optimistic with the new guys but I done did lost my mind for about 10 minutes until Thompson made that catch.

Just now, billsfan11 said:

How much you want to bet the bills lose that game? I'll even give you 10 to 1 odds

Oh I suspect they'll lose because the Pats are on a whole different level.  But you have no idea that they will absolutely lose.

Just now, 26CornerBlitz said:

A tie would have (would of :blink:) put them at 6-6-1.  That would really mean they'd have to sweep the Dolphins and beat the Patriots to have any real chance of making the postseason.   McDermott is either terribly uninformed  or delusional.

Yes.  Which meant they were still in it in such a scenario.  Slim chance of course but still in it.

Just now, oldmanfan said:

Just out of curiosity, if you had some bad illness and the doc said they can try something with a 3% chance of success do you take it or just say you're ready to kick the bucket?

Did I ever say give up and wave the white Towel? No.

I would do everything to increase my odds by going for the win against a lousy team.

You are not getting into the playoffs if you tie a lousy team like Indy when your season is on the line. Tie Indy but go to Foxboro and win. Sounds very realistic...

1 minute ago, oldmanfan said:

Oh I suspect they'll lose because the Pats are on a whole different level.  But you have no idea that they will absolutely lose.

Yes.  Which meant they were still in it in such a scenario.  Slim chance of course but still in it.

I know they'll lose. Which is why I am giving you ridiculous odds if you actually think they have a chance lol