No, I'm not being sarcastic.

Last year, we went 7-9.

In the off-season and during 2017, we lost:

-Our three best wide receivers

-Our two best corners

-Our pro-bowl DT

-Two starting linebackers

We gained:

-An unheralded FS and SS (Hyde and Poyer)

-An unheralded CB (Gaines)

-A better kicker (Haushka)

-A great WR for one game (Benjamin) and throw-in (Matthews)

Most of us thought it would be a 4-12 season.

To take that many personnel losses and IMPROVE to 8-8 or 9-7 with a significantly worse roster...

To me, that's impressive.

• Like (+1) 8
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Rigotz said:

Last year, we went 7-9.

-Our two best corners

-Our pro-bowl DT

We gained:

To take that many personnel losses and IMPROVE to 8-8 or 9-7 with a significantly worse roster...

I agree. Very interested to see what they do with the load of picks they have this spring.

3 minutes ago, simool said:

I agree. Very interested to see what they do with the load of picks they have this spring.

I agree too.  It might not be the exact path I would have chosen....Sammy for example....but they chose a path and look organized to me.  Can anyone say Rex looked organized?

1 minute ago, Boatdrinks said:

I can't really give credit to McD or Beane for the lack of talent on the current roster, sorry. 

you're not.  you're giving them credit for what they've done with the lack of talent on the roster.  i know they caused it, but again, this team is going to look very different next year. 

i certainly wouldn't have thought this team could win 8/9 games this year.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Boatdrinks said:

I can't really give credit to McD or Beane for the lack of talent on the current roster, sorry. 

Exactly.   They gutted the roster.  So now we should think its good that they got their hand picked, lesser talented guys to perform as well as last year?

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

They created the lack of talent.

its ok to envolve. Before the season, 8-8 and 9-7 might have looked good.  But so did teams like the Bucs and Broncos.  The AFC sucks.  Sammy Watkins wasn't able to be replaced by Matthews or Benjamin. Dareus would have helped a playoff run more than a 6th rounder.  SM benching TT was the single dumbest coaching decision of the season.

color me unimpressed with Dick Jauron Jr.  his clapping game is on point though.

9 minutes ago, Rigotz said:

Last year, we went 7-9.

-Our two best corners

-Our pro-bowl DT

We gained:

I have stated many times on this board that the 2017 Bills are not talented nor a legitimate playoff contender; regardless of Watkins, Darius, or Darby (glad they were unloaded). You cannot take a losing organization and the culture that comes with it after 17 years of horrible coaching and personnel management and turn it around over night, but I do have faith in the new regime. The big test is the 2018 draft, they blow it and it will get ugly. Great post Rigozt and much needed!

9 minutes ago, Steptide said:

I was thinking this today also. We are alot less talented this year Imo. Although the offense has been abysmal lately. I think McDermott will get this thing turned around 

Defensively, Yes.  

Offensively, hard to argue.  We do not have a passing QB for the talent they brought in at WR.  The WR corps have been practically useless with TT under center.   

2 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

They created the lack of talent.

its ok to envolve. Before the season, 8-8 and 9-7 might have looked good.  But so did teams like the Bucs and Broncos.  The AFC sucks.  Sammy Watkins wasn't able to be replaced by Matthews or Benjamin. Dareus would have helped a playoff run more than a 6th rounder.  SM benching TT was the single dumbest coaching decision of the season.

color me unimpressed with Dick Jauron Jr.  his clapping game is on point though.

Exactly, each December you were the guy lamenting .500 teams then drinking the Kool Aid over the summer and thinking playoffs again by September; Bill Polian 1989 : "The Buffalo Bills hurt themselves over the last two decades hanging onto fan favorites rather than moving on." after letting Fred Smerlas sign with the 49ers amid fan outcry!

As soon as I seen we avoided drafting one of the top QBs and Tyrod coming back to start I stated 6 or 7 wins. It sure would be nice if we do not have Rex in our headlines about our starting QB next season.

Impressive is playoffs year one for a team in the longest playoff drought ever in all of sports but a team in the exact same turmoil at the end of the season as the last staff is not impressive it is horrible. Still need a franchise worthy QB.

Edited by xRUSHx