Why isn’t gronk getting enough credit for apologizing?

The juice

5 minutes ago, billsfan11 said:

I'm not sure how that is soft. Targeting knees to make a tackle is legal correct. But I'm assuming you're talking about targeting knees to try to deliberately injure him. Correct me if I'm wrong of course

TGT Knees as in Rocky “If he dies he dies”

buffalo Sports pushed around forever. 

Thats why Lucic can run Miller

Wilfork can snap Losmans leg

abd Gronk can drop the peoples elbow on Trey

hell there is more violence from the nimrods throwing eachother threw tables than what happens on the Bills football field

Edited by MAJBobby

Just now, MAJBobby said:

TGT Knees as in Rocky “If he dies he dies”

buffalo Sports pushed around forever. 

Thats why Lucic can run Miller

Wilfork can snap Losmans leg

abd Gronk can drop the peoples elbow on Trey

Preston Brown should have attacked Gronk right there. He didn't and it was a cowardly thing to do .

Since he didn't, the next best thing is to flatten him every single chance you get next game. 

But don't try to injure him by taking a cheap shot if that's what you're referring too.

1 minute ago, billsfan11 said:

Preston Brown should have attacked Gronk right there. He didn't and it was a cowardly thing to do .

Since he didn't, the next best thing is to flatten him every single chance you get next game. 

But don't try to injure him by taking a cheap shot if that's what you're referring too.

What i am saying is very easy TGT Knees

22 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

Words mean nothing, if he really thought it was bad the team should suspend him whether or not the league does too. Show that they really think it's unacceptable. Problem is it they would probably do it but only cause it rests him up for the playoffs and would allow him time to heal from any nagging injuries

BB denied knowledge in his presser AFTER apologizing to McD.  He is full of crap as usual.

I'm all for targeting his knees if you're trying to make the legal tackle, but don't target just to try to injure someone

I am all for growing a set and not being a soft sports town. 

By the way I am also going after his back and arm every chance i get 

3 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

I am all for growing a set and not being a soft sports town. 

By the way I am also going after his back and arm every chance i get 

Taking a cheap shot back doesn't qualify as growing a set in my opinion. Growing a set would have been to attacking him right after that hit.

As bad and as cowardly Gronks cheap shot was, do you know what's even more cowardly to me?

When you have a perfect chance to stand up to clock him one, but no one does anything and then the next game you try to cheap shot him instead. 

That's as cowardly as it gets in my books.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, billsfan11 said:

Taking a cheap shot back doesn't qualify as growing a set in my opinion. Growing a set would have been to attacking him right after that hit.

As bad and as cowardly Gronks cheap shot was, do you know what's even more cowardly to me?

When you have a perfect chance to stand up to clock him one, but no one does anything and then the next game you try to cheap shot him instead. 

That's as cowardly as it gets in my books.

To each his own. But doesnt matter they wont respond at all just another soft lovable loser try hard Buffalo Sports team. 

I am used to watching no response over the years 

Edited by MAJBobby

2 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

To each his own. But doesnt matter they wont respond at all just another soft lovable loser try hard Buffalo Sports team. 

I am used to watching no response over the years 

I agree with that and I definitely hear your frustration. They will probably be exchanging jerseys with gronk after next game... As soft as they come this team

1 hour ago, Doc said:

It was a non-apology apology. Anytime you add a “but” in there, you negate everything said prior. 

Exactly!  My wife tells me the same thing on occasion when I screw up.  When you apologize, you should 1) Say you're sorry for what you did 2) Acknowledge that it was wrong 3) Offer to make it up somehow.  As soon as you add 'but', it is an attempt to make excuses that try to justify your actions for the offense.  Basically, the 'but' is trying to link up the apology with this whole spiel about how "It wasn't my fault...", which of course, is bullcrap.  

Really sad the team just stood there and let the flags fly.  At least Jerry said something and sure enough the ref got him too.  That's bull.  Call it was it is.  I hope we see grong on the ground in three weeks and no one knows why he can't get up.  He looked like a crazy person on TV this morning making excuse.  

Late to the party, but Gronk's apology was BS. He was frustrated and took a cheap shot with extreme force. Basically it a defenseless player because white was playing like a man and Gronk was pissed that calls were not going his way. It was like a David and Goliath fight. David won, then Goliath got up off the turf when it was over and slammed David. I grew up a mile from Gronk and he is 100% an Amherst kid with a temper that he should have kept in check as a professional and as a star in the league. Stuff has gone his way 95% of the time and they were dominating, so "really" his lame apology that was more about officiating, then what White did by holding jersey on a guy that is 60 lbs and 7 inches taller that happens in every game constituted a violent attack. Gronk will always be the guy that injured our best new asset. I would never welcome him to our team and I hope karma pays him a visit. The suspension is a start. I hope he gets an illegal hit.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/21667821/nfl-suspends-rob-gronkowski-new-england-patriots-one-game-late-hit

Just now, hondo in seattle said:

Suspended for one game.  Appropriate?

Weak. I say if the player injured misses a game or multiple that he gets the equivalent + 1.

Pats fans are so blind to the smell of their own s#%$.

They are so delusional that they really believe (as Gronk did yesterday) that they get screwed by the refs constantly, rather than seeing the reality that they have had the

refs on their side for the majority of the last 20 years (against most teams). I mean, what other team gets a free first down in the redzone? I have never seen that one before. The refs actually get very creative in helping that team to have every possible advantage and the sad part is, most of the time they don't even need the help (bastards). And Gronk, Brady, Kraft, et al. act like they get screwed all of the time. Oh the poor, poor Pats...the NFL has it in for them and them only. Please.

And it is really hard to believe Gronk's apology when after the play he was laughing about it on the sidelines with a teammate. You're telling me that like 10 minutes later, after yucking it up about cowardly concussing a defenseless player, he was the picture of remorsefulness and just racked with guilt. BS

He was one of the only players I kind of liked on the Pats, but he showed his true colors yesterday. POS PAT

Edited by folz

1 minute ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

....he apologized....I'm deeply touched....so did Matt Lauer.....now what?..............

Step one: wait till Gronkowski throws a block and have Hughes puree his knee.

Step two: accept 15 yard penalty on Patriots.

Step three: apologize after game.

Step four: appeal 1 game suspension.

10 minutes ago, joesixpack said:

It’s practical. End his career no more cheap shots.

Come on buddy. You have a hockey reference in your name so you should know better how to handle incidents like this.

If someone hits Taylor Hall from behind, do you go around swinging a stick at the guys head, or slash his hands off? No you fight cleanly like men, or hit him hard the next chance you get. (Clean but hard)

Handle it like a man and don't cheap shot him back. Preston Brown should have punched him right there. He didn't, so hit him hard and hit him often next game you get. 

Edited by billsfan11

Come on buddy. You have a hockey name in your reference in your name so you should know better how to handle incidents like this.

If someone hits Taylor Hall from behind, do you go around swinging a stick at the guys head, or slash his hands off? No you fight cleanly like men, or hit him hard the next chance you get. (Clean but hard)

Handle it like a man and don't cheap shot him back. Preston Brown should have punched him right there. He didn't, so hit him hard and hit him often next game you get. 

You don't challenge a rabid dog to a fistfight, you just put it down. There's no higher ground to be gained from treating with respect those who have no conception of it.

Come on buddy. You have a hockey name in your reference in your name so you should know better how to handle incidents like this.

What does that accomplish?

Just now, joesixpack said:

What does that accomplish?

It should accomplish something. If Preston Brown and a few other Bills go out and flatten Gronk, or they paste him every chance they get next game, I bet he thinks twice about making a dirty play.

What does ending a players career accomplish? He made a bonehead move and he should pay for it by a large suspension, a huge fine, and the Bills going after him right at that moment and every chance they get in the future.

Hockey players handle stuff like this the best, and it doesn't involve taking a cheap shot back. It involves handling it like men

5 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

Yea but the baseball bat makes you look crazy and no one messes with crazy.

Lol let's just hope you aren't raising young boys with that mindset...

Just now, billsfan11 said:

It should accomplish something. If Preston Brown and a few other Bills go out and flatten Gronk, or they paste him every chance they get next game, I bet he thinks twice about making a dirty play.

What does ending a players career accomplish? He made a bonehead move and he should pay for it by a large suspension, a huge fine, and the Bills going after him right at that moment and every chance they get in the future.

Hockey players handle stuff like this the best, and it doesn't involve taking a cheap shot back. It involves handling it like men

Fighting in football is ejection. Taking out the knees is a flag 

Just now, joesixpack said:

All things being equal I’d rather see his career ended thanks.All things being equal I’d rather see his career ended thanks.

Can't say I agree with that at all

4 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

Girls, concept is the same though.

Well let's just hope your girls don't ever use that concept because they would be going to jail for a long time