Rex Ryan says he was told to bench Tyrod Taylor last year

How dare they try and improve at the most important position in the game. Whoever the decision comes from its the right decision, the results have been regrettable sure. The owners know it, the coaches know it, most the fans know it...we are not going to win anything with a limited qb at the helm, so taking chances on finding one you can win more in the future is better than one who gives you the best chance to win today

4 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Yes, because of his injury clause. Isn’t that why he got fired before the last game, because he wouldn’t do it?

taylor was benched to assess the situation with ej manuel.  plain and simple, as everyone has said.

rex ryan is a blowhard B word, plain and simple.

3 hours ago, yungmack said:

Now you're just being persnickity for the heck of it.

Not really.  I don't really care about any of the past.  It is what it is.  Its just my beliefs.  All I care about is what happens going forward

3 hours ago, SaviorPeterman said:

I really do wonder if that's the case. Most long time fans know RW is why Flutie was benched for Rob Johnson in the Music City Miracle game.

And while I don't necessarily have a problem moving on from TT, I hope the Pegulas truly aren't dictating the QB situation behind the scenes or it really don't matter who we have at GM and HC they are both destined to fail.

Either way can't imagine Pegula Sports and Entertainment truly enjoys watching both of their pro sports teams continue to suck, especially the Sabres talk about a full blown dumpster fire and worst team in the NHL.

Well... people can say this but what if coach and gm don't want to draft a QB and the owner steps in and says you better draft this guy make it happen.  Would you still say you don't want meddling owners?

I have no problem with the head coach having a short term win this week approach.

I have no problem with a GM, once out of playoffs,  wanting to get a look see jump on the next season by playing certain backup players.

fast forward to this season...

if and when the bills are "mathematically" eliminated from playoffs.....the 2019 season begins.

I would start Peterman in however many games remained.

Based on what Rob Ryan said on UK TV the other week I am increasingly convinced that the Pegulas (well, Terry at least) were involved in the decision to bench Taylor.  And I mean this in more than simply agreeing with Doug Whaley saying it isn't worth the contractual risk.  

When you start to put the pieces of the puzzle together..... Rob referring to the "powers that be"

Rex saying he was ordered (remember Rex did NOT report to Doug Whaley... they both reported to Terry)

The fact that a so called conservative HC felt comfortable about the potential fall out of benching Tyrod for a 5th round rookie

Pegula at the Mitch Trubisky pro day.....

It is all a bit circumstantial but it starts to build a picture for me of an owner who is frustrated watching his team play with a QB he doesn't believe in.  

Edited by GunnerBill

17 hours ago, SaviorPeterman said:

But the biggest question is did this order come from the Pegulas? And if so did they also tell McD to bench Taylor for NP a few weeks ago?

http://buffalonews.com/2017/11/29/rex-ryan-says-he-was-told-to-bench-tyrod-taylor-last-season-which-led-to-his-firing-bills/

At this stage it just becomes yet another footnote from the Rex Ryan era.

3 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Based on what Rob Ryan said on UK TV the other week I am increasingly convinced that the Pegulas (well, Terry at least) were involved in the decision to bench Taylor.  And I mean this in more than simply agreeing with Doug Whaley saying it isn't worth the contractual risk.  

When you start to put the pieces of the puzzle together..... Rob referring to the "powers that be"

Rex saying he was ordered (remember Rex did NOT report to Doug Whaley... they both reported to Terry)

The fact that a so called conservative HC felt comfortable about the potential fall out of benching Tyrod for a 1st round rookie

It is all a bit circumstantial but it starts to build a picture for me of an owner who is frustrated watching his team play with a QB he doesn't believe in.  

If that was the case they why did they bring Taylor back? Not buying your theory.

Edited by Binghamton Beast

Just now, Binghamton Beast said:

Mic that was the case they why did they bring Taylor back? Not buying your theory.

They brought him back because he was their best option and on the contract it was a no brainer.  I accept it is a theory and speculation not fact. But there is enough circumstantial for me to believe that Pegula is no lover of Tyrod and would like the franchise to move on.  

3 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

The fact that a so called conservative HC felt comfortable about the potential fall out of benching Tyrod for a 5th round rookie

likely....the Pegula's ONLY got involved because Rex absolutely refused to bench Tyrod and told whaley, who got the Pegula's involved,  that Rex would rather be fired early than the bench tyrod/fire rex after the season scenario. head coach & GM clearly not working together and the GM was not the head coaches boss.

4 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

I tend to agree GB. I’m just glad that we have an owner with enough guys to make the tough call on a QB. :)

6 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Also, why was benching Tyrod last year even a bad decision?

1) it moved us up in the draff

2) we weren't locked into TT and brought him back cheaper

3) we got to evaluate other qbs

imo, it was probably one of the best Bills moves in awhile.

The same reasons it will make sense once we're eliminated this year.  One exception - he won't be back next year.