Tyrod asks for pro bowl votes, gets roasted

Teddy KGB

3 minutes ago, billsredneck1 said:

maybe off topic, but at some point peterman will get a chance to redeem himself and in one or two outings look like montana compared to tyrod.

i just can't wait to see a real nfl qb on this team. i don't care if i get flamed.

:lol: Don't get your hopes up too high.  The chance for a real NFL QB comes in 2018.  

I guess we know now why he refuses to change his game, why he refuses to go downfield, throw into tight windows, make regular NFL throws that you see in every other game excepts ours......  He already believes he's good.  He already believes he is in the same class as the best QBs in the NFL. 

Asking for Pro Bowl votes, that at it's core years ago were meant for the best players in the NFL, shows that he is not aware of how behind the elite players in this game he really is.  No wonder he has a lack of awareness of what he needs to improve on.....he already thinks he is in the top echelon of QBs in this league.  We need to get a real QB in here ASAP.

• Like (+1) 1

I don't think they want Tyrod there and they are sabotaging him by not changing the offense for him.  I think they've already looked past him.  They play the offense that they want to play so the team will get acquainted with it before next year.  I'd probably do the same.  Get the young QB to grow with a young rebuilding roster around him with veterans carpet bombed throughout. The rookie QB direction has a better chance of sustaining success long term.  

2 hours ago, Gugny said:

Yes.  That's exactly what I'm saying.  Flutie cared about one thing:  Flutie.  And the same goes for Tyrod.  Ironically, they both suck and will both be ex-Bills soon.

Flutie was a team guy. I'm not quite sure why anyone would think the guy was selfish. I didn't get that vibe at all. Is it because he was mad that that our stupid front office and coaching staff decided to go with Johnson over him? Because Flutie had every reason to be pissed off about that. He was clearly the better player and took us to the playoffs

31 minutes ago, billsredneck1 said:

maybe off topic, but at some point peterman will get a chance to redeem himself and in one or two outings look like montana compared to tyrod.

i just can't wait to see a real nfl qb on this team. i don't care if i get flamed.

I have a feeling we'll see NP next week after Taylor does what he does best against a superior team like the Pats and runs out of bounds or throws 3 yard passes on 3rd down when we are trailing by 14+ points.

There is a reason why McD has a short leash on him and we all know he did absolutely nothing to beat the a terrible Chiefs team. So hopefully NP gets the start the rest of the way.

In hindsight the NP game against the Chargers won't look so bad when they make a deep playoff run this year. Looking at the Chargers schedule they are going to win out and finish 10-6, worse case 9-7 and take that division.

1 minute ago, Buffalo03 said:

Flutie was a team guy. I'm not quite sure why anyone would think the guy was selfish. I didn't get that vibe at all. Is it because he was mad that that our stupid front office and coaching staff decided to go with Johnson over him? Because Flutie had every reason to be pissed off about that. He was clearly the better player and took us to the playoffs

He was a little jerk as any of his teammates will say and it was the Bills' excellent D designed by Wade that took the Bills to the Playoffs. 

Damn... They really DID roast him...

I can understand why some people would think "well how can Bills fans roast their own QB like that?" , but I'm not of that mindset.

I like stuff like this because it forces him to hear what the people REALLY think of him instead of coaches telling him he's doing a good job, clapping when he makes mistakes and teammates who he's in a comfort zone with.

Good for him (if that was really him who posted that).

2 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Really?  Twitter is where breaking news happens first.  It's where you get your first Bills news.  You really think that's stupid?

I'm sure Taylor being a big boy will be fine.  He's not stupid, he knew he was going to get some backlash after hitting the submit/send button.

Twitter is full of absolute stupidity and stupid people who can't decipher fact from fiction.  It's also full of stupid trolls.

Sure, there's some good there.  But too often looking on twitter makes me realize just how stupid people actually are.

I should rephrase I suppose... twitter's not completely stupid because I'll go there and look at stuff, but I'm not a member.  I never go on facebook.  I never go on Instagram.

3 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

He was a little jerk as any of his teammates will say and it was the Bills' excellent D designed by Wade that took the Bills to the Playoffs. 

If you think Flutie didn't take us to the playoffs you're an idiot. We did have the number 1 defense but there is no way we go to the playoffs if Johnson plays the entire season in 98 or 99. We gave Johnson 2000 and 2001 and what happened? He failed

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Buffalo03 said:

If you think Flutie didn't take us to the playoffs you're an idiot. We did have the number 1 defense but there is no way we go to the playoffs if Johnson plays the entire season in 98 or 99. We gave Johnson 2000 and 2001 and what happened? He failed

Likewise if you think he was key on those 98-99 teams. Carry on. 

Just now, 26CornerBlitz said:

Likewise if you think he was key on those 98-99 teams. Carry on. 

See, you're twisting words. I'm not saying he was the KEY but he was certainly a big part of them making the playoffs. Johnson would not have taken us there because he was freaking horrible. Also, do you think Jim Kelly and Thurman Thomas and Andre Reed and all them weren't egotistical jerks? Jim Kelly was a huge jerk but he was a team player just like Flutie was

11 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Twitter is full of absolute stupidity and stupid people who can't decipher fact from fiction.  It's also full of stupid trolls.

Sure, there's some good there.  But too often looking on twitter makes me realize just how stupid people actually are.

I should rephrase I suppose... twitter's not completely stupid because I'll go there and look at stuff, but I'm not a member.  I never go on facebook.  I never go on Instagram.

I can agree.  I don't have a twitter account or instagram but have a facebook I never use so I should deactivate.

The internet is full of trolls and stupid people.  It doesn't have to be on social media, the comments section of any website or article shows that.  

I only use social media for breaking news, traffic reports, weather reports and sports.  

• Like (+1) 1

I'm very disappointed that Taylor did this, especially during the week of the first Patriots game of the season. It is not only laughable that he thinks he's worthy enough to ask for votes on social media, it goes against the "team" concept. Doing this is all about him and only him. Shouldn't he be watching film on the Patriots? Doing something other than this to increase his chances for success?

Taylor better hope he plays well because you just know that McDermott is probably upset that he did this and he won't hesitate to bench him again.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, 1billsfan said:

I'm very disappointed that Taylor did this, especially during the week of the first Patriots game of the season. It is not only laughable that he thinks he's worthy enough to ask for votes on social media, it goes against the "team" concept. Doing this is all about him and only him. Shouldn't he be watching film on the Patriots? Doing something other than this to increase his chances for success?

Taylor better hope he plays well because you just know that McDermott is probably upset that he did this and he won't hesitate to bench him again.

Well said.  He's the exact type of player (see:  Sam Watkins) who McDermott has no use for.

ByeRod!

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Could be why he was so upset and hurt when he got the bad news. 

You have a serious mental problem. I could care less who is QB as long as we win. You, and a few others hate a guy that goes beyond anything normal-perhaps it's because TT took EJ's spot. You were a big EJ guy if I recall correctly. If that's the case, there's something wrong. This is why you are obsessed with my posting, even though I'm on your ignore list. I have you figured out.

15 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Well said.  He's the exact type of player (see:  Sam Watkins) who McDermott has no use for.

ByeRod!

A guy who supported Peterman in public even though it was a terrible move-that type of guy? You guys have some serious issues. 

2 minutes ago, JM2009 said:

You have a serious mental problem. I could care less who is QB as long as we win. You, and a few others hate a guy that goes beyond anything normal-perhaps it's because TT took EJ's spot. You were a big EJ guy if I recall correctly. If that's the case, there's something wrong. This is why you are obsessed with my posting, even though I'm on your ignore list. I have you figured out.

A guy who supported Peterman in public even though it was a terrible move-that type of guy? You guys have some serious issues. 

Tyrod was benched for the exact amount of time it takes to watch a Seinfeld episode, and you're singing his praises for being Mr. Supportive.

Never mind that he goes out on Twitter during the week of the most meaningful/must win game of the season to solicit Pro Bowl (individual accolade) votes ... or that, when the tough got going, he went to the media and played the race card (looking out for himself, again).

He's a crappy, selfish little QB.  He's Blutie.

• Like (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, 1billsfan said:

:lol: You're right. I just timed it on my own twitter. I went slow. Took 11.9 seconds. There are only just over 600,000 of them things a week. He's wasting way too many.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Gugny said:

Tyrod was benched for the exact amount of time it takes to watch a Seinfeld episode, and you're singing his praises for being Mr. Supportive.

Never mind that he goes out on Twitter during the week of the most meaningful/must win game of the season to solicit Pro Bowl (individual accolade) votes ... or that, when the tough got going, he went to the media and played the race card (looking out for himself, again).

He's a crappy, selfish little QB.  He's Blutie.

You need help.Your whole bunch, although some are just trolls trolling. Good crowd to have amigos with. This goes beyond anything I have ever seen on a message board.

Just now, Kelly the Dog said:

:lol: You're right. I just timed it on my own twitter. I went slow. Took 11.9 seconds. There are only just over 600,000 of them things a week. He's wasting way too many.

What's laughable is that they don't want him to succeed.

1 minute ago, JM2009 said:

You need help.Your whole bunch, although some are just trolls trolling. Good crowd to have amigos with. This goes beyond anything I have ever seen on a message board.

Point out anything/everything I said that's incorrect and that "goes beyond anything you've ever seen on a message board."

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, JM2009 said:

Trolling thread from a banned poster who keeps coming back. And the posters who support you is guilt by association.

You take this football thing pretty seriously, eh?

Just now, HappyDays said:

This is insane

I know it is!  What difference would it even make, right?!?!

3 minutes ago, JM2009 said:

Trolling thread from a banned poster who keeps coming back. And the posters who support you is guilt by association.

The only troll is you.      You've only went after 5 people in this thread alone ???

go away.    

Edited by Air it out Fitzy

6 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Point out anything/everything I said that's incorrect and that "goes beyond anything you've ever seen on a message board."

He didn't "play the race card." He was sitting in a lengthy interview, 40 minutes, with a black female reporter Kimberly Martin, who asked him specifically about what he thought about it in one question, and then he responded.

Just now, Kelly the Dog said:

He didn't "play the race card." He was sitting in a lengthy interview, 40 minutes, with a black female reporter Kimberly Martin, who asked him specifically about what he thought about it in one question, and then he responded.

With all due respect, I have to disagree.  The color of the interviewer is irrelevant.  I know he's not NFL QB smart, but he's not a stupid person, by any means.  Nothing good could have come from his response.  Perhaps I misunderstood - and if I did, I'll freely admit it.  But my understanding is that he stated that - because he's African-American, more is expected of him as an NFL QB.  That is absolutely playing the race card.  Not to mention, it's pure bull ****.

6 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

This is insane

This is your reaction to my reply? Really? LOL What do you think Bill Belichick's reaction would be to a player going on social media and asking for probowl votes? BTW, don't even bring Brady's name into this because not only he does he not have to ask for pro bowl votes, he doesn't care one bit about the pro bowl.

Edited by 1billsfan

3 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

I don't know...this seems like a pretty clear example of 'playing the race card':

“It’s always going to be twice as bad just because of who I am – an African-American quarterback,” Taylor said. “Look across the league, man. We’re held to a certain standard. We almost have to be perfect...I wouldn’t say it’s just an African-American quarterback thing. It’s an African-American athlete thing – or just an African-American thing. And that’s not anything I just found out. It’s been that way since I was a kid.”

3 minutes ago, 1billsfan said:

This is your reaction to my reply? Really? LOL What do you think Bill Belichick's reaction would be to a player going on social media and asking for probowl votes? BTW, don't even bring Brady's name into this because not only he does he not have to ask for pro bowl votes, he doesn't care one bit about the pro bowl.

I would bet at even odds that his agent is the one who tweeted that out. Only in Buffalo does this become a thing.