2018 Senior Bowl

YoloinOhio

32 minutes ago, FearLess Price said:

What happened? Wats the reference here?

Charlie Campbell, who's pretty well connected, reported that Josh Rosen was declaring for the draft in December. Rosen basically got pissed that he reported it before Rosen had had a chance to do it on his own terms. Campbell said something stupid along the lines of "I know my source is correct (and to be fair, everybody knew Rosen was declaring...it didn't even really need to be reported in the first place) and if it turns out that my source is NOT correct and you stay at UCLA, I'll pay you a month of my salary. If my source is correct and you do declare, you owe me a month of yours" or something childish like that.

Walter, the main guy at WalterFootball, is just a despicable person. Charlie is usually fine, and he's pretty well connected so I think his stuff is generally valuable to read, but he just came off as such a douche with the Rosen thing.

1 hour ago, DCOrange said:

He won't be there at 21. The ones that might be there would be Mayfield (unlikely) and Lamar Jackson (I'm guessing a 50/50 thing).

I think this year will end up going like 2012.  Luck 1st, RG3 2nd, Tannehill 8th and Weeden 22nd.  Darnold and Rosen one and two.  Mayfield in top 10 and then I think Allen falls a little.  Supposedly the talk is that the media likes Allen a lot more than the teams do.

17 minutes ago, Ittakestime said:

I think this year will end up going like 2012.  Luck 1st, RG3 2nd, Tannehill 8th and Weeden 22nd.  Darnold and Rosen one and two.  Mayfield in top 10 and then I think Allen falls a little.  Supposedly the talk is that the media likes Allen a lot more than the teams do.

As far as I know, that's just Ben Allbright, who's notorious for being wrong about damn near everything he reports. There's also been reports that Allen might go #1, that GMs think Allen has been by far the best QB at the Senior Bowl, etc.

36 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Sounds like he and Baker have both been pretty amazing today from all the reports I've been reading.

23 minutes ago, DCOrange said:

As far as I know, that's just Ben Allbright, who's notorious for being wrong about damn near everything he reports. There's also been reports that Allen might go #1, that GMs think Allen has been by far the best QB at the Senior Bowl, etc.

Sounds like he and Baker have both been pretty amazing today from all the reports I've been reading.

I watched the QB's in practice today on ESPN.  What stood out to me:

- Josh Allen has a superior arm.  Everyone else looks like they are throwing change-ups vs his fast balls.  It's a shame that he is so inaccurate and doesn't have good touch.  He is so big and has such a strong arm that he really stands out and you are like wow.

- Mayfield absolutely takes charge and controls the offense.  He is the type of guy that you draft him and then all you hear about in training camp is how he is taking over and before you know it he is getting the starting reps and your veteran is now the backup.  I predict that whatever team picks him, he will win the QB battle and if he doesn't start it will be because the coaches are holding him back on purpose.  There's no way he goes through a training camp and doesn't come out as the starting QB of the team.

- Both guys started out pretty slow with some really inaccurate passes but then turned it up a notch and delivered some good balls.  You can tell the coaches really like Mayfield.  He's either taking a rep or he's cheering on the guys that are or he's talking to the coaches.  He's not standing around and waiting his turn like the other 30 or so guys that were on the field.

- Luke Falk had some nice touch on some fades into the endzone but overall his arm looked pretty weak.

- Josh Allen has so much potential that if he gets picked before Mayfield it's only because a coach thinks he can get it out of him.  Mayfield is the better pro right now.  And that's coming from someone who didn't think Mayfield would pan out.  I wish we could get all of the top QB's on the field so we could watch them compete. Watching them at the combine throwing vs air isn't the same as watching them with the pads on in practice vs defenders.

• Thank you (+1) 2

Isaiah Wynn and Darius Leonard in the second round please.  Although Wynn came off with a minor shoulder injury, he's dominated this week.  Has great versatility for a lineman.  Leonard is fast and all over the field at linebacker.  Mayock compared him to Telvin Smith.  He was flying all over the field sideline to sideline.  Both players are trending up and might not even make it to our picks in the second if so, I hope they are strongly considered.

Edited by Buffalo30

19 minutes ago, Captain Murica said:

I was thinking Russell Wilson. I'm fine with either lol

He isn't good enough of an athlete to create like Wilson does

but he's a much better pocket passer.

Brees is the most accurate QB I've ever seen but if Baker can even come close to being as accurate he can be great

16 hours ago, kdiggz said:

- Josh Allen has a superior arm.  Everyone else looks like they are throwing change-ups vs his fast balls.  It's a shame that he is so inaccurate and doesn't have good touch.  He is so big and has such a strong arm that he really stands out and you are like wow.

- Mayfield absolutely takes charge and controls the offense.  He is the type of guy that you draft him and then all you hear about in training camp is how he is taking over and before you know it he is getting the starting reps and your veteran is now the backup.  I predict that whatever team picks him, he will win the QB battle and if he doesn't start it will be because the coaches are holding him back on purpose.  There's no way he goes through a training camp and doesn't come out as the starting QB of the team.

- Both guys started out pretty slow with some really inaccurate passes but then turned it up a notch and delivered some good balls.  You can tell the coaches really like Mayfield.  He's either taking a rep or he's cheering on the guys that are or he's talking to the coaches.  He's not standing around and waiting his turn like the other 30 or so guys that were on the field.

- Luke Falk had some nice touch on some fades into the endzone but overall his arm looked pretty weak.

- Josh Allen has so much potential that if he gets picked before Mayfield it's only because a coach thinks he can get it out of him.  Mayfield is the better pro right now.  And that's coming from someone who didn't think Mayfield would pan out.  I wish we could get all of the top QB's on the field so we could watch them compete. Watching them at the combine throwing vs air isn't the same as watching them with the pads on in practice vs defenders.

Are you coming over to the dark side?   I know you would still take Rosen over both of them, but it was kinda cool to see you talk up Mayfield a bit.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

Are you coming over to the dark side?   I know you would still take Rosen over both of them, but it was kinda cool to see you talk up Mayfield a bit.

after watching that practice and how he's all over the field being the general i don't think there's any way he doesn't win a starting job in the NFL.  will he be successful?  not sure yet but his arm looked strong enough and he has the "it factor."  he wants it bad though and he will put in the work i think.  so yes, I now think he is worth a 1st round pick!

24 minutes ago, kdiggz said:

after watching that practice and how he's all over the field being the general i don't think there's any way he doesn't win a starting job in the NFL.  will he be successful?  not sure yet but his arm looked strong enough and he has the "it factor."  he wants it bad though and he will put in the work i think.  so yes, I now think he is worth a 1st round pick!

Good deal!   Thats the thing about these guys, you really are just making your best educated guess.    Whatever happens he was still my favorite college player ever.  Really enjoyed watching him play this year, and for those exact reasons you mentioned.   If you want someone who loves football he is your guy.

Just now, thenorthremembers said:

Good deal!   Thats the thing about these guys, you really are just making your best educated guess.    Whatever happens he was still my favorite college player ever.  Really enjoyed watching him play this year, and for those exact reasons you mentioned.   If you want someone who loves football he is your guy.

looking forward to watching the game.  Allen is the superior talent but i don't think he will be able to put it all together.  if Mayfield balls out then he could jump up the draft boards i think.  Broncos have the best look at these guys and will probably take one of them so it will be interesting to see how it all plays out

1 hour ago, kdiggz said:

looking forward to watching the game.  Allen is the superior talent but i don't think he will be able to put it all together.  if Mayfield balls out then he could jump up the draft boards i think.  Broncos have the best look at these guys and will probably take one of them so it will be interesting to see how it all plays out

Been looking forward to the game for a bit now.  Allen's arm is out of this world good, but I just dont see it with him.  Watching his tape reminds me a lot of watching all the throws type film on players like Christian Hackenberg and Deshone Kizer.   Again, you really never know.   I think it would be best for the Bills if the Broncos and Jets get into the Kirk Cousins game.

2 hours ago, thenorthremembers said:

Been looking forward to the game for a bit now.  Allen's arm is out of this world good, but I just dont see it with him.  Watching his tape reminds me a lot of watching all the throws type film on players like Christian Hackenberg and Deshone Kizer.   Again, you really never know.   I think it would be best for the Bills if the Broncos and Jets get into the Kirk Cousins game.

I didn't realize Mayfield had left. He's not playing in the game. He's going back to Texas to be with his mom who is or was in the hospital. Falk left too to go to his teammate's funeral. So I guess it's Allen vs White

8 minutes ago, kdiggz said:

I didn't realize Mayfield had left. He's not playing in the game. He's going back to Texas to be with his mom who is or was in the hospital. Falk left too to go to his teammate's funeral. So I guess it's Allen vs White

Jeez, hadnt read that today.   Thats too bad.  Hope is Mom is going to be ok.   Id say he probably didnt have much to show though.  He came in measured over six feet, which I think was the biggest question for him this week.  On top of it by all accounts he had a pretty solid week of practice.  Really nothing more for him to gain.  I think he should be a top ten pick, but will be incredibly happy if he drops.

1 hour ago, kdiggz said:

That's probably good news for Allen. He will be far and way the best QB there now. With a big game he could still be the #1 pick. With a bad game he could just as easily drop out of the top 10. Needless to say this is a big game for him

I doubt this game will impact his stock much, if at all. Most of the scouts aren't even there anymore. NFL teams generally pack up and leave after the final practice; they don't care about the actual game.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, DCOrange said:

I doubt this game will impact his stock much, if at all. Most of the scouts aren't even there anymore. NFL teams generally pack up and leave after the final practice; they don't care about the actual game.

^This. The real value for the talent evaluators is talking to prospects, observing their practices and drills, and seeing how quickly they assimilate new coaching and schemes. The game itself tells them little they don’t already know. 

25 minutes ago, DCOrange said:

16 minutes ago, K-9 said:

^This. The real value for the talent evaluators is talking to prospects, observing their practices and drills, and seeing how quickly they assimilate new coaching and schemes. The game itself tells them little they don’t already know. 

So if Allen throws 5 int and completes 3 out of 20 passes it's not going to hurt his draft stock? How about if he goes 19 of 20 for 5 td's? Every little piece of the puzzle makes up the full story on these players

Just now, kdiggz said:

So if Allen throws 5 int and completes 3 out of 20 passes it's not going to hurt his draft stock? How about if he goes 19 of 20 for 5 td's? Every little piece of the puzzle makes up the full story on these players

Won’t move the needle much at all, especially compared to how he did in interviews during the week. The game is secondary to what occurs during the week. One reason team personnel go home after the last practices and player availability for interviews has past. 

I’m sure a segment of fans and media will be swayed, though. But that matters even less.

On 1/25/2018 at 5:05 PM, kdiggz said:

I think Falk makes a great coach some day.

On 1/25/2018 at 8:43 PM, JaCrispy said:

Imo Mayfield has the potential to be the next Drew Brees

Or better

On 1/25/2018 at 9:39 PM, Buffalo716 said:

He isn't good enough of an athlete to create like Wilson does

but he's a much better pocket passer.

Brees is the most accurate QB I've ever seen but if Baker can even come close to being as accurate he can be great

I don't know, Baker is pretty shifty and makes a ton of throws on the run, I'd say he is just as good as Wilson in this area.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.