The most important decision to ending this drought is coming up.

njbuff

We all know that it is who is the starting QB going to be. 

Nothing else matters till QB is solved.

And McBeane is going to get 3+ years cause you can't keep crash landing each regime after 1-2 years.

The question is....,....... Who is that QB?

I just hope it isn't Lamar Jackson, then again it just might be.

I really hope they keep Tyrod until they have a better player.  The cap hit isn't any worse than whiffing on a big extension, and it gives us a chance to not play a rookie in the first couple of years.

It drives me nuts the way the Bills seem to cut their best QB because he's not "good enough" when they don't have anyone better.

4 minutes ago, Steve Billieve said:

I really hope they keep Tyrod until they have a better player.  The cap hit isn't any worse than whiffing on a big extension, and it gives us a chance to not play a rookie in the first couple of years.

It drives me nuts the way the Bills seem to cut their best QB because he's not "good enough" when they don't have anyone better.

They do that with every position.   This year, in particular, they have dumped more talent with little to nothing to replace it.  It begs the question as to why they've deliberately gutted the roster the way they have?    

But, I agree with you, I hope they keep Tyrod and design an offense to play to his strengths.   Draft 2, 3, 10 guys!  Just draft someone to be the franchise.   But, develop him and groom him to start in the NFL.  In a few years time, he may be ready and Tyrod could guve us decent competitive football in the meantime.

1 minute ago, Dan said:

They do that with every position.   This year, in particular, they have dumped more talent with little to nothing to replace it.  It begs the question as to why they've deliberately gutted the roster the way they have?    

But, I agree with you, I hope they keep Tyrod and design an offense to play to his strengths.   Draft 2, 3, 10 guys!  Just draft someone to be the franchise.   But, develop him and groom him to start in the NFL.  In a few years time, he may be ready and Tyrod could guve us decent competitive football in the meantime.

I get why they can't keep every player they want to move on from until they have a replacement, the cap just won't allow it, and perhaps you have some cancerous players, but I don't think either is the case with our current QB.

10 minutes ago, cba fan said:

or Baker Mayfield. Both could be had in the 2nd round. Maybe.

Rudolph feels like that classic guy who some team picking in the top 5 trades back into the end of the first round for to make sure they get him. I see him going somewhere in the 20's to a team that already made a selection earlier.

8 minutes ago, Plano said:

Mayfield is the next Manziel 2.0 so I don't want him. He'll be destroyed in the NFL.

That being said, worth a shot on Rudolph, or even Darnold if he can be had later.

I'm starting to think the same thing. I love his ability but he's all over the place mentally. If he was a tight end no one would care but as a QB it's a problem.

1 hour ago, Steve Billieve said:

Please give me examples on Bolded and note TT still plays here. Flutie?

Edited by Real McCoy

On 21/11/2017 at 7:18 PM, BuffaloHokie13 said:

Rudolph feels like that classic guy who some team picking in the top 5 trades back into the end of the first round for to make sure they get him. I see him going somewhere in the 20's to a team that already made a selection earlier.

Yep, me too. Arizona strikes me as a possibility. 

Baker Mayfield isn't anything like Manziel. He's more like Philip Rivers in that he'll run his mouth, but he's a true pocket passer that has a quick release, canon for an arm, and can read defenses. He's smart and extremely talented. 

Do I think he's the best choice? Not necessarily. But after watching him for years, he's not like the immature Manziel. Mayfield has actually started 4 years in college, and has gotten better & better each year compared to Johnny's 2. Manziel was drafted as a junior after his 2nd season starting. Mayfield will have been a graduated senior after starting 4 years.

If Taylor doesnt move the offense against KC then Peterman should play the rest of the season even if it means racking up the losses. The Bills will see what they have in Peterman to see if he is part of the plans moving forward. Since the Bills are not a playoff team, I would rather see them lose out so have better draft status so they dont have to use as much capital if they want to move up and get their QB.....or maybe there will be enough high potential QB;s in the draft that they dont have to move at all. The Bills need their early round picks for Dline, Oline, and LB