Here you can admit that yes, it CAN get worse than Taylor

41 minutes ago, Theshallowcross said:

This is problem I have though honestly. He is above average but you're right that he can't carry a team on his shoulders. If you're being honest with yourself though there are only a handful of those guys in football anyway and I would even say maybe 2 quarterbacks in the entire league that can carry a team on their backs (Brady and Rodgers) and there is the end of the list. 

So you hitch your ship to a guy that can win you games by being accurate and not turning the ball over and you build around that guy. Taylor has 61 TDs in his Bills career with only 15 interceptions. He has a 62.9 completion %. He has suffered from poor defenses in his 3 years and a revolving door at OC. Dennison is the worst and most inept of the bunch. 

We need to build the team around him. Not gut the team of talent and scapegoat Taylor. 

When we're down and it's time to open up the offense, he simply doesn't deliver....he's done it a few rare times but nothing close to consistent....hearing opposing defense saying one after the other that the plan vs the Bills is to turn TT into a QB is probably one of the biggest slap in the face a QB can receive...3rd and 10...4 yards check down is not the way to go...and he's done way to often.....

50 minutes ago, Theshallowcross said:

This is problem I have though honestly. He is above average but you're right that he can't carry a team on his shoulders. If you're being honest with yourself though there are only a handful of those guys in football anyway and I would even say maybe 2 quarterbacks in the entire league that can carry a team on their backs (Brady and Rodgers) and there is the end of the list. 

So you hitch your ship to a guy that can win you games by being accurate and not turning the ball over and you build around that guy. Taylor has 61 TDs in his Bills career with only 15 interceptions. He has a 62.9 completion %. He has suffered from poor defenses in his 3 years and a revolving door at OC. Dennison is the worst and most inept of the bunch. 

We need to build the team around him. Not gut the team of talent and scapegoat Taylor. 

they need to build the team around the likely QB drafted in the next draft. taylor very well could be part of that gutting this off season.

On 11/21/2017 at 3:11 PM, Air it out Fitzy said:

Bears are in a much better place than Bills. 

Id take Trubisky or Watson over our pair of busted qbs anyday 

Hot start for Watson, slow start for Trubisky. 

300 yards vs Green Bay, game tieing/winning drive this past weekend foiled by missed Fg.  

Plenty of promise in both.    You know a Gm that would take our guys over either ?    Nope.   

And let's here what QB on the roster since 2015 could have got 20 wins or more other than TT. You seem to think there was one.

2 hours ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

they need to build the team around the likely QB drafted in the next draft. taylor very well could be part of that gutting this off season.

TT won't be here next season. And if they don't get the next draft right, this drought will extend forever.

12 hours ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

why I did was to let the OP know, even taylor looked bad in that game. one looking better than the other made no real difference anyway, they were not winning that game. the only stats that matter are in the w/l column. you can boast, post and sling stats around all day, if they're not winning football games, making the post season ( has taylor made the post season yet?) then those stats are irrelevant.

I did not PUSH for peterman. I pulled for him to do well, why not? I'm tired of taylor, seen enough of him. but, until they're officially eliminated dec 2nd, I'll have to see taylor under center. then, when they're 5-7 it wont matter how much anyone wants to see taylor because they will likely allow peterman to finish the last 4 meaningless games and take his lumps so that during the off season they can evaluate his future, as well as taylors.

Except saying "even Taylor looked bad in that game" is dumb because he didn't.

Argue it was in garbage time.

Argue it was against backups. 

Fair arguments to make.

But you said and are persisting that "Taylor looked bad, too," when anyone who watched the 2nd half knows how false that statement is considering you're basing it on one play.

And before you try saying something about basing Peterman's performance on 5 plays... no let's also include the botched snap that was his fault and the near pick-6 another defender had on the right sideline on a ball he never should've thrown... plus the fact that he had ZERO to do with the TD drive he took snaps for.

Taylor was good... sure it was in "garbage time" with some backups in and out of the game for sure... but he was good. 

Peterman was so historically bad I would honestly rather never have to see him take another meaningful snap for Buffalo again 0:) 

Edited by transplantbillsfan

2 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Taylor was good... sure it was in "garbage time" with some backups in and out of the game for sure... but he was good. 

Peterman was so historically bad I would honestly rather never have to see him take another meaningful snap for Buffalo again 0:) 

Taylor was average - 15/25; 6.3ypa.... 158 yards against a team playing prevent.  He was average.  I acknowledge that seemed good at the time in comparison to the absolute crap fest that preceded it!

Last week changed my opinion on our QB situation not one iota:  

- Taylor is the best one we have;

- He is a bridge quarterback and no more than that;

- Peterman isn't an NFL level player;

- We must take a shot on a franchise QB in this draft and should have in the last one.  

14 hours ago, Theshallowcross said:

So you hitch your ship to a guy that can win you games by being accurate and not turning the ball over and you build around that guy. Taylor has 61 TDs in his Bills career with only 15 interceptions. He has a 62.9 completion %.

This is where we will disagree. I don't think Taylor is accurate at all, and I think this is where people are able to look purely at stats instead of watching what happens on the field. I believe the Bills have been dead last in YAC(or at least bottom 5) both years Taylor was the starter, and they are #30 this year. Taylors refusal to throw to anyone unless they are wide open leads to relatively higher completion percentage, and always low YAC. Even if he does throw to someone over the middle and on the run, it is often in a place that prevents the receiver from gaining YAC..so while technically "accurate" and helps completion percentage, it is a very inaccurate pass.

And yes, I know cherry picking, but look back to the Saints game and the 3  3td and longs that he checked down on, It gets recored as a 100% on the completion percentage, great for him, but gives the Bills zero shot at making the first down. 

2 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

So Taylor can have historically bad games like against the Saints as a 7-year vet making starter money and his 35th start at HOME , and its ""give him another shot,, just a bad game" , but a rookie comes in in his first start, on the ROAD  against a very good team as well and it's "I have seen a half of this kid, he is a bust, never put him on the field again"

I truly cannot understand that logic.And I am pretty damn sure Rams fans are glad they did not listen to all the bust claims on Goff when he was historically bad through 7 games last year.

And yes to me one first down is almost 3 full quarters of play in an NFL game is historically bad, punts are pretty damn close to turnovers in my mind, as the score in both games was pretty damn similar.

Edited by plenzmd1
  • Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

He missed 10 of 25 passes and a strip sack returned for a TD.  

Was that a message for the OLine not to mess with his boy Nate?

Might as well toss out more conspiracy theories 

5 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Argue it was in garbage time.

Argue it was against backups. 

Fair arguments to make.

But you said and are persisting that "Taylor looked bad, too," when anyone who watched the 2nd half knows how false that statement is considering you're basing it on one play.

And before you try saying something about basing Peterman's performance on 5 plays... no let's also include the botched snap that was his fault and the near pick-6 another defender had on the right sideline on a ball he never should've thrown... plus the fact that he had ZERO to do with the TD drive he took snaps for.

dumb, dumb dumb dumb.

yeah, he was real good against the back ups in garbage time. I'm sure that was enough for you to regain some hope going in to kc. if they get blown out for a fourth time it wont fall on the shoulders of taylor or the offense though because the defense is so bad, right?

as for peterman, historically bad no doubt but once they are eliminated dec 2nd they'll likely give him another chance and he'll take his lumps the last four games so they can go in to the off season and evaluate both QBs. I have a feeling the QB stable will not be the same along with most of the roster going in to 2018?

On 11/19/2017 at 8:12 PM, 87168 said:

exactly. TT, while he may not win a shootout, he won't throw the game away either.

So 56 yards passing, 3 and out over and over is an acceptable way of throwing the game away, and 5 ints is an unacceptable way? Ok whatever!

54-24 or 47-10 is there really a difference, I don't see one.

18 hours ago, JM2009 said:

I think TT has 60 something total TDs and only 20 total turnovers. Why DaBills focussed on that one play when he knows TT rarely turns the ball over, to me, is sour grapes because he really pushed for Peterman. But he's a good poster overall.

48 TDs passing

14 TDs rushing

17 interceptions

16 fumbles (don't know how many were lost fumbles) 

I still feel starting Peterman was the right move even if it was just to send a message to the players. 

I keep looking at that post about the Bills not using Tyrods deep ball ability but to me it's more like Tyrod not using any downfield ability since he misses so many open receivers down the field. 

Go Bills!!!!!

On 11/19/2017 at 8:20 PM, GETTOTHE50 said:

its time to release all the players and just start completely fresh.

Even Kyle and Eric need to go.

Please just purge this nonsense. 

Cant keep perpetually hitting the reset button. At some point something needs built and someone needs to build it. 

59 minutes ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

dumb, dumb dumb dumb.

yeah, he was real good against the back ups in garbage time. I'm sure that was enough for you to regain some hope going in to kc. if they get blown out for a fourth time it wont fall on the shoulders of taylor or the offense though because the defense is so bad, right?

as for peterman, historically bad no doubt but once they are eliminated dec 2nd they'll likely give him another chance and he'll take his lumps the last four games so they can go in to the off season and evaluate both QBs. I have a feeling the QB stable will not be the same along with most of the roster going in to 2018?

The defense has been beyond bad since Dareus was traded. There is no pass rush at all. I'd like to win against Miami and the Colts at home, so I'd rather have TT start. KC and NE have much better teams than us, but Miami and the Colts , they can beat. Long time till next September. I'd like to enjoy a couple more wins before than. TT won't be here in 2018 and Peterman is a backup talent at best in the NFL. 

1 minute ago, Kirby Jackson said:

That’s correct

He's not the long term answer, but those numbers suggest he isn't terrible like some make him out to be. I hope he goes somewhere in 2018 where he is appreciated more.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, JM2009 said:

The defense has been beyond bad since Dareus was traded. There is no pass rush at all. I'd like to win against Miami and the Colts at home, so I'd rather have TT start. KC and NE have much better teams than us, but Miami and the Colts , they can beat. Long time till next September. I'd like to enjoy a couple more wins before than. TT won't be here in 2018 and Peterman is a backup talent at best in the NFL. 

He's not the long term answer, but those numbers suggest he isn't terrible like some make him out to be. I hope he goes somewhere in 2018 where he is appreciated more.

I hope he goes to the Jets and is his normal mediocre self.  Would make getting to the playoffs that much easier.

• Sad 1

9 minutes ago, jmc12290 said:

I hope he goes to the Jets and is his normal mediocre self.  Would make getting to the playoffs that much easier.

He'd have a field day against our putrid defense. lol we self destructed in what looks like the best opportunity in years to get a WC, and this guy thinks next year we'll have a "path" to the playoffs. lol

Taylor works for a team who can play defense and run the ball. 

Unfortunately that's not us. Our defense is a train wreck like I've never seen before and Taylor doesn't throw the ball well enough to compensate. 

The Bills are rebuilding. Aside from the strange Benjamin trade, every other move we've made has suggested that. They need to find a QB, and 5-6 new starters for the defense. Although the AFC is terrible, this team isn't going to contend for anything until the defense becomes a heck of a lot better. 

• Like (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

Taylor works for a team who can play defense and run the ball. 

Unfortunately that's not us. Our defense is a train wreck like I've never seen before and Taylor doesn't throw the ball well enough to compensate. 

The Bills are rebuilding. Aside from the strange Benjamin trade, every other move we've made has suggested that. They need to find a QB, and 5-6 new starters for the defense. Although the AFC is terrible, this team isn't going to contend for anything until the defense becomes a heck of a lot better. 

You should be posting more.

7 minutes ago, BuffaloBillsGospel said:

I saw 2 picks by Peterman that weren't his fault, unfortunately we won't get a chance to see if he can rebound from those mistakes he made and now were going to see Tyrod Taylor, the guy we know can't lead us to the playoffs.

The problem with the logic is you have to stay consistent. Only one of Tyrod’s picks was his fault (the one at Cincinnati). So basically Peterman had 3 INTs in a half and Tyrod has 1 in 9 and a half games. Either way that isn’t a strong argument to play Peterman. 

Edited by Kirby Jackson

1 minute ago, BuffaloBillsGospel said:

I saw 2 picks by Peterman that weren't his fault, unfortunately we won't get a chance to see if he can rebound from those mistakes he made and now were going to see Tyrod Taylor, the guy we know can't lead us to the playoffs.

It's okay. The Bills will lose Sunday after making the struggling Chief's look like the team who blew out the Pats week 1. The defense will get torched again and it should be another blow out loss. 

Then in a week we'll go back to Peterman for the remainder of the year so we can evaluate him prior to next season. Hopefully by then he'll have a full compliment of receivers on offense, but it won't be enough to overcome our awful defense. 

2 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

It's okay. The Bills will lose Sunday after making the struggling Chief's look like the team who blew out the Pats week 1. The defense will get torched again and it should be another blow out loss. 

Then in a week we'll go back to Peterman for the remainder of the year so we can evaluate him prior to next season. Hopefully by then he'll have a full compliment of receivers on offense, but it won't be enough to overcome our awful defense. 

Only winnable games I see are Miami and the Colts at home, if TT plays. If Peterman takes over, we could go 5-11. What a meltdown, rebuilding year or not.

There's very good chance we'll be 5-7 when it's time to play the Colts. Will the Bills go back to Nate at that point ? If they care about draft position, they probably will....if they care about overall record, we'll see TT ....the question is, should they care about finishing 7-9 or should they worry about 2018.....

5 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

5-11 is significantly better than going 7-9

Not in the fashion it will have happened. 

The Bills seemed to be changing the culture when they were 5-2. If they finish 5-11, this regime's first season will be judged as a disaster in my eyes. 

If they go from 5-2 to 5-11, I'd seriously consider cleaning house and bring in someone else to clean up their mess. 

Edited by jrober38

28 minutes ago, JM2009 said:

He'd have a field day against our putrid defense. lol we self destructed in what looks like the best opportunity in years to get a WC, and this guy thinks next year we'll have a "path" to the playoffs. lol

With TT on the Jets, we have 2 for sure wins which makes the playoffs that much easier.

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, jmc12290 said:

With TT on the Jets, we have 2 for sure wins which makes the playoffs that much easier.

MB would be proud of your trolling.

7 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

Not in the fashion it will have happened. 

The Bills seemed to be changing the culture when they were 5-2. If they finish 5-11, this regime's first season will be judged as a disaster in my eyes. 

If they go from 5-2 to 5-11, I'd seriously consider cleaning house and bring in someone else to clean up their mess. 

If this happens, the "trust the process" will have zero meaning to players and the fanbase.

3 minutes ago, JM2009 said:

If this happens, the "trust the process" will have zero meaning to players and the fanbase.

Agreed.

McDermott will have nothing to stand on. You're going to let a guy who gutted the team rebuild the defense and try to find a franchise QB after losing 7 games in a row? I'm not. 

1 minute ago, oldmanfan said:

If they make yet another coaching change without guving a guy a chance to fully implement what he needs to implement it would be beyond stupid.

I don’t think that they clean house but I think we see some major changes. As an example I would be really surprised if Dennison is back.

1 hour ago, jrober38 said:

Agreed.

McDermott will have nothing to stand on. You're going to let a guy who gutted the team rebuild the defense and try to find a franchise QB after losing 7 games in a row? I'm not. 

2 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

If they make yet another coaching change without guving a guy a chance to fully implement what he needs to implement it would be beyond stupid.

No way they should move on from McDermott after one season.