Kelvin Benjamin injury ( torn meniscus, will play through and have surgery after the season)

YoloinOhio

17 minutes ago, otagoyellow said:

So disheartening. I remember hearing someone speculate that Carolina was willing to trade him over the knee issue. Can't believe that came to pass so quickly after arriving here. 

Someone mentioned somewhere it was the other knee today. Not sure if true. 

Bummer either way, I hope he’s ok. I loved that catch. 

• Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

A clean ACL tear generally doesn't warrant crutches or a brace. There's a little swelling and occasional instability in certain situations, but walking and even running in a straight line (once the initial swelling goes down) feels pretty normal. Unless you tear a bunch of other stuff at the same time...

The positive sign here, hopefully, is that the lack of crutches/brace means he probably doesn't have a lot of collateral damage to cartilage or other ligaments. If he tore the ACL, it was probably a clean one and he'll recover 100% with the kind of rehab he will have access to. 

Here's hoping it's not that, though!

32 minutes ago, otagoyellow said:

So disheartening. I remember hearing someone speculate that Carolina was willing to trade him over the knee issue. Can't believe that came to pass so quickly after arriving here. 

Yeah, I'm sure the Panthers knew he'd take a helmet to his (other) knee.  I'll have to ask them for the Powerball numbers.  :rolleyes:

43 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

If it is a suspected ACL tear, I'm having a hard time believing they would they let him walk around on it. 

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Doc said:

Yeah, I'm sure the Panthers knew he'd take a helmet to his (other) knee.  I'll have to ask them for the Powerball numbers.  :rolleyes:

If it is a suspected ACL tear, I'm having a hard time believing they would they let him walk around on it. 

It was a shoulder to the thigh. Clean hit. Foot got caught.

• Like (+1) 1