Jerry Jones racially insensitive remark video

CanadianFan

Am I missing something?

Is him using the term black supposed to be the insensitive part?

I was on Tyrod's side with his take that more pressure is heaped on him as a black QB, but I genuinely don't get this one.

He apologized so maybe something's there.  If I missed some insinuation, please point it out.

Edited by BurpleBull

I'm no fan of Jones, but what exactly did you say wrong?

its this anti-Trump country that has all the lunatic liberals, leftists, Democrats, Trump haters........ whatever you wanna call em........losing their minds that have stupid stuff like this coming out.

Absolutely nothing to see here.

im surprised it wasn't a video accusing Jones of sexual assault.

37 minutes ago, njbuff said:

its this anti-Trump country that has all the lunatic liberals, leftists, Democrats, Trump haters........ whatever you wanna call em........losing their minds that have stupid stuff like this coming out.

You sound like a real winner, and you aren't even a part of the Confederacy. Chris Christie on the beach with just his family looks better...

I hear ol pedophile Roy Moore and his wife need another fake Washington Post voice for his robocalls... you could just pull it off.

Edited by EasternOHBillsFan
  • Haha (+1) 1

10 hours ago, EasternOHBillsFan said:

You sound like a real winner, and you aren't even a part of the Confederacy. Chris Christie on the beach with just his family looks better...

I hear ol pedophile Roy Moore and his wife need another fake Washington Post voice for his robocalls... you could just pull it off.

And you sound like a male feminist liberal, which is just as bad...

11 hours ago, EasternOHBillsFan said:

You have the ballz to call me out and you make dumbazz comments like that.

What about the millions of sex predators on the left? Are you a hypocrite or did you just conveniently leave them out of this discussion and focus on Moore.

You call out Moore........ then you need to mention a winner like Franken too.

Who's the real winner here?

Again Jones is well-liked, but what he said in that video............. IS ABSOLUTELY NOTHING.

I hate to weigh in on this but I am about as politically incorrect as you can get.  Having said that..........If you just read his comment it is a total non-event.  Now if you listen to it, he laughs and drunk trying to be funny go he sounds like it is degrading to be with a black girl,  hence the apology.

It should be long forgotten but if I am a Dallas Cowboy AA player i would feel no problem going up to Jerry and say screw you Jerr...and then be done with it.

Let see how big this is blown out of proportion.  Busy news week so I doubt it il get much traction.  Hope the Cowboys implode, that would be entertaining.

14 hours ago, Tatonka68 said:

Enough with the "insensitive BS" , How about you grow some ballz and not cry, eat pudding and head for your "safe spot". Someone might something on the salty side, do what a strong person does forgive others and walk forward. Freaking babies!

/thumbs up

5 minutes ago, Jerome007 said:

I just looked at the video. Wow. There is something there? Really? He just made a bad joke, and a "black girl" happened to be there hence the stupid joke. To make this an issue just shows how dumb the current PC climate is.

I think the PC world has already gotten to a laughable extreme when ESPN pulled a Chinese announcer from a Univ of Virginia game because his name was Robert Lee.

Just now, RoyBatty is alive said:

I think the PC world has already gotten to a laughable extreme when ESPN pulled a Chinese announcer from a Univ of Virginia game because his name was Robert Lee.

Yeah that was really bad. And without motive. At least here you know that many people dislike the Cowboys and Jones, and that in any case it will draw viewers. But still. Media don't care much about ethics these days.

15 hours ago, Laughing Coffin said:

What's the big deal?  DId he insinuate anything that was racially insensitive? This is just trying to find something to be mad at.  

The comment infers that there is something uniquely negative based on skin color.  This is a racist remark.  There is no excuse for it.  
Jerry is no choir boy, so we should not be surprised.  As he gets older and his "filter" gets weaker with age, the Cowboys will just have to invest more resources in surrounding him with people who can try to prevent or minimize these types of things.  

3 minutes ago, Dafan said:

Sorry sounded more like he was trying to get the guy recording in crap.  Guys making a message for his fiancee at a hotel and Jones is saying hes with another girl.

He was trying to get the guy in trouble, but in the process he opened up his mouth.  He revealed one of two things: 1) a hint of his own thinking or his assumptions about the guy & fiancee - that they would resonate with racist comments.  In either case, it is not right.

Edited by dulles

The comment infers that there is something uniquely negative based on skin color.  This is a racist remark.  There is no excuse for it. 

Ha come on. Besides supposing his fiance was White (and maybe he was seeing her on the phone?) you have to really interpret what is saying to find racism. Smart joke? Of course not. But damn people are waaaayyyy too sensitive these days. 

40 minutes ago, dulles said:

Jerry is no choir boy, so we should not be surprised.  As he gets older and his "filter" gets weaker with age, the Cowboys will just have to invest more resources in surrounding him with people who can try to prevent or minimize these types of things.  

He was trying to get the guy in trouble, but in the process he opened up his mouth.  He revealed one of two things: 1) a hint of his own thinking or his assumptions about the guy & fiancee - that they would resonate with racist comments.  In either case, it is not right.

You sound pretty outraged about this.  Is his apology enough or does he need to be "punished"?

ANd no he was not "trying to get him in trouble", obviously it was a joke and Jerry had no idea who the man in question was.

Just now, RoyBatty is alive said:

You sound pretty outraged about this.  Is his apology enough or does he need to be "punished"?

ANd no he was not "trying to get him in trouble", obviously it was a joke and Jerry had no idea who the man in question was.

I'm not outraged.  If you met me and we talked politics, you'd get to know that I'm very conservative and this type of thing doesn't trip my trigger.  
I think the apology is PLENTY. 
I would suspect the NFL/Goodell may have some interest in the timing of this report.  At the very least, it is very helpful to waging the "civil war" which ESPN is reporting between Jerry and Goodell.  

We most likely differ on what is "racist" and what is not.  When I say something is racist, I don't believe that means Jones deserves the death sentence.  I actually think that we are more likely to deal with real prejudice if we are more likely to recognize the subtle forms which show up in our lives.  To me, this seems to be a subtle form of prejudice.

As for "get the guy in trouble"  I should have chosen better words.  I meant it in a joking, facetious way.  

I think this is the type of thing that should go away quickly.  I just don't think that it goes away quickly by denying the subtly, prejudiced tone of his comment.  
I think it should go away quickly by apologizing and demonstrating change over time.  

The problem is our society doesn't like to give time for people to demonstrate change.  By extension, our media feed on this and demand punitive action at every turn.

• Like (+1) 2

Very fair and measured response, thanks, nice to have a discussion with people that can control their emotions on touchy subjects.

It is going to be interesting to see how the NFL reacts, another no-win situation or the Commissioners, the most maligned sports commissioner in history.

If Goodell ignores it and hopes it goes away some will blast him for tacitly condoning the remark. He will likely have to do something. some will  say he overreacting some will say he didn't go far enough.

Edited by RoyBatty is alive
add on

13 hours ago, njbuff said:

Image result for jerry jones elevator

4 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

Very fair and measured response, thanks, nice to have a discussion with people that can control their emotions on touchy subjects.

Thanks, you too.  
I don't deal with touchy subjects online very often for that reason.  

1 hour ago, dulles said:

No it doesn't.  Maybe thats how you perceive it. If the guy he was making the recording for was black and Jones said "he's with a white girl now" Jones still would have been called racially insensitive because people would still play the race card. You really can't win when you mention skin color.

Edited by RaoulDuke79

6 minutes ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

No it doesn't.  Maybe thats how you perceive it. If the guy he was making the recording for was black and Jones said "she's with a white guy now" Jones still would have been called racially insensitive because people would still play the race card. You really can't win when you mention skin color.

Why do, you think Jones chose to specify "black woman"?

5 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

Oh yeah, I have to believe that good ole Jerry has a string of sex indiscretions through the years, maybe Goddells appartchiks in the NFL can dig some up.

This whole feud between Goodell and Jones is gonna be a wild one. Sit back and grab your popcorn.