Nathan Peterman to Start this Week.

26CornerBlitz

26 minutes ago, THEHARDTRUTH said:

So Tyrod who never throws to his receivers throws more to his receivers than Mariota. And Im suppossed to care about this why exactly? It tells me Mariota is even more conservative than Tyrod? Why dont we figure out what Tyrod does in the 6th minute of the 2nd quarter. Maybe that will tell us why hes great.

All i said was food for thought

I'm for winning... I personally thought TT gave them the best chance, but im not in the film room or at practice or in the locker room.  If they think NP gives them the best chance, then go for it.

6 hours ago, billspro said:

I honestly think this gives us the best chance to win. Defenses have figured out how to stop Tyrod. Peterman is smart and get the ball out quick. Hopefully we can watch a game without 3 and outs on Sunday for once.

Yes, in the last 2 games, the opposing defense did a great job of containing Tyrod in the pocket and he failed.  It's somewhat amazing he's held up this long. I know a QB's size can be overcome (Brees), but you see him in a post game press conference without jersey and pads and he looks so small. I think his listed height and weight of 6-1, 215 may have been padded.

6 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Pretty accurate.

Except that Taylor IS the QB who dumps it off on 3rd and 15 so they go 3 and out and punt the ball.  In multiple offenses under multiple coaches Taylor has repeatedly been the QB of an offense that was near the top (bottom?) of the league in 3 and outs. A few highlight reel runs doesn't make him a constantly good QB.

I do feel badly for TT in that they didn't even try to run an offense that his skillset was made for. They forced him into Dennison's O despite it not being a mesh for TT. That being said, that's obviously not the O they want to run, so find a guy who can run it the way you want it run.

2 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Yep.

And again, all this goes back to Pegula not having a clue. 

I dont really agree with the hot takes of the article at all.  The players they jettisoned have all been here through the faillings.  Darues lost his desire, he may get it back but it was lost here.  Watkins and Darby for Matthews and Gaines plus a 2 and 3 equals a net gain to me.  Jones was a project of a previous scouting department and Ragland isnt who he was a year ago and doesnt fit the defense.  

Taylor got exposed by a generic defense.  Taylor made the Saints look like the 2000's Tampabay Bucs.  The book has been out on the scheme for a decade and Taylor looked lost.  That is why he is on the bench.  No white vs balck. or mobile vs pocket passer.  

the bleacherreport article makes me think the guy who wrote it  hasnt watched Taylor play at all.    This crap has been goin on since he arrived here.  He hasnt progressed.   Defenses know how to take him out of the game.  If u cant pass with any kind of regularity,  u cant be a QB in this league,  end of story.    You can be the best athlete on the field,  run around like crazy,  but you still have to complete passes.

the goal is to win a championship,  not just make the playoffs.    Crap game manager QBs, can def make the playoffs,  they dont seem to win though.   Passing,  its what a QB is there for.   We already have a running back.

• Like (+1) 1

Dumb move, just plain dumb.   Yes, Taylor looked bad but the offensive line and defense are atrocious over the last two weeks.

This might make sense if we were 2-7 but this is a 5-4 team and they are starting a 5th round rookie who barely has 50% completions when playing in preseason and garbage time.     Taylor needs to get better, but the line has been disgraceful over the last two games, at least Taylor can run,  Peterman stands no chance behind that turnstile factory. 

Despite the rough last two weeks, Buffalo could potentially beat fellow wild card contender San Diego, be 6-4 and right back in the thick of the hunt with four division games left.   That is not a time to mail it in.  This is going to backfire big time.    

Just now, dgrochester55 said:

Dumb move, just plain dumb.   Yes, Taylor looked bad but the offensive line and defense are atrocious over the last two weeks.

This might make sense if we were 2-7 but this is a 5-4 team and they are starting a 5th round rookie who barely has 50% completions when playing in preseason and garbage time.     Taylor needs to get better, but the line has been disgraceful over the last two games, at least Taylor can run,  Peterman stands no chance behind that turnstile factory. 

Despite the rough last two weeks, Buffalo could potentially beat fellow wild card contender San Diego, be 6-4 and right back in the thick of the hunt with four division games left.   That is not a time to mail it in.  This is going to backfire big time.    

we were winning despite Taylor...

3 minutes ago, MDH said:

Except that Taylor IS the QB who dumps it off on 3rd and 15 so they go 3 and out and punt the ball.  In multiple offenses under multiple coaches Taylor has repeatedly been the QB of an offense that was near the top (bottom?) of the league in 3 and outs. A few highlight reel runs doesn't make him a constantly good QB.

I do feel badly for TT in that they didn't even try to run an offense that his skillset was made for. They forced him into Dennison's O despite it not being a mesh for TT. That being said, that's obviously not the O they want to run, so find a guy who can run it the way you want it run.

That's the only part of the article I find the least bit inaccurate tho........hence pretty accurate.

I think this season has been something of a battle of wills between Taylor and McD..........McD was initially leery about letting him go but has been undermining him at every turn since.

It's like McD was testing him.......but unaware that Taylor knew it.   It's been bizarre.

Trading Watkins the day after he and Taylor were going off in the preseason in Dennison's new system was one of the strangest scenarios I have ever witnessed unfold and that's saying something when Ralph Wilson was the owner for parts of 6 decades. :lol:

9 minutes ago, dgrochester55 said:

I keep hearing this 5th round rookie bs... Ask New England how that worked out for them... Brady was a 6th round, 2nd year QB, who had gone 1/3 the previous year.

Thats 1 completeion and 3 attempts FYI

14 minutes ago, Augie said:

Maybe there are some examples out there, but I can’t think of another front office that made so many bold moves so quickly. They are NOT afraid to act on what they think. Now....how does it turn out? 

The only one that comes to mind, unfortunately, is the Chip Kelly Eagles FO. 

19 minutes ago, MDH said:

Taylor is not traditionally a dump-off passer; his ypa is actually pretty good and he has pushed the ball down the field in the past. The last two games have been different, but they don't represent the norm.

Just now, JohnBonhamRocks said:

The only one that comes to mind, unfortunately, is the Chip Kelly Eagles FO. 

Well, didn’t he have 10 win seasons back to back before.....going all Chip Kelly?

This is my glass half full side working hard. 

15 minutes ago, bigduke6 said:

the bleacherreport article makes me think the guy who wrote it  hasnt watched Taylor play at all.    This crap has been goin on since he arrived here.  He hasnt progressed.   Defenses know how to take him out of the game.  If u cant pass with any kind of regularity,  u cant be a QB in this league,  end of story.    You can be the best athlete on the field,  run around like crazy,  but you still have to complete passes.

the goal is to win a championship,  not just make the playoffs.    Crap game manager QBs, can def make the playoffs,  they dont seem to win though.   Passing,  its what a QB is there for.   We already have a running back.

Actually, as I mention above, he HAS changed in recent weeks to being a more dump-off oriented passer. He wasn't in the past. 

6 hours ago, Bangarang said:

The Tyrod Taylor era is officially over. Best of luck to Peterman!

Also, can someone do a welfare check on transplant please? 

I just saw this.

I'm here and good, bro  :thumbsup:

I like Tyrod, but I'm a Bills fan.  Taylor and the entire team were just awful on Sunday.  I like this move because (I hope) McDermott views this as a necessary shot in the arm for a team still in playoff contention.

But everyone who wanted Tyrod out wins.

Good for you guys!!! 0:)

#prayingforPeterman