Bills D has quit on the fans

6 hours ago, GreggTX said:

"On the fans"? How about Kyle is ready to retire and the rest of our DT's aren't even good backups. Shaq has been a bust so far and our LB's are overrated.

I don't think anyone overrated the LBs..most here knew they would not be that good

1 hour ago, JMF2006 said:

Tyrod cares he just isn't good enough to make a difference if the Bills get down 2 or more scores.

He couldn't hit 13's catch radius twice on the first drive throwing it over him and behind him and the Bills desperately needed that drive to result in a TD..

He was way off on those throws- other times he didn’t see wide open receivers- TT is horrible as an NFL QB.

1 hour ago, MAJBobby said:

Eventually fans will realize none of this matters to these Multi Millionaires. It is just a very short term lucrative job for them. 

Do you think 30-45 minutes after the game while driving their 100K car to their Very expensive house Any of them thought about this game lol

I don’t think that describes as many as you think it does on the financial side. Even if just a job, most very much stress over keeping that job.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, RussBrandon said:

Two eggs, to be more precise

500 yards rushing in 2 games since the weed man got traded.

You're obsessed. Teams are bigger than one 3 technique.

I'm more worried about the coaches. Cover 2 Zone, bend don't break, the league finally caught up to them. They don't have an answer to teams taking the underneath.

It really looks like they just bought time and pile up the excuses. One chance to develop a QB. That fails, or if they pick a CB or RB first, bye bye.

This team has just been gashed on the ground two weeks in a row. I guess that Dareus trade is not looking so smart right about now. I get why they traded him from a "team" perspective and all that, but the run defense is not the same without him. By all accounts the kid is a tool, but he did have talent and often got double teamed when he was lined up. Just saying.....

12 hours ago, RussBrandon said:

The reporters covering the Bills won't say it because they still have to have access to the players, but the Bills' defense has quit.  Period.  The Saints game was characterized by tackling that would get guys benched on a high school team. Sure Marcel Dareus is gone, but you ARE allowed to replace him with another player.  It seems that there was nobody home on the D line all day. 

The missed tackles happened in the secondary.  Before that the Bills consistently failed to make contact with the runner at the line of scrimmage.

The drive that ended in the Brees touchdown was the single most amazing drive I have ever seen in many years of watching football.  They were ripping off 10 yards on every play when the Bills knew what was coming.

I've been thinking of replacing my Stadium Wall pic because the dumpster fire seemed to have gone away with Rex and Whaley but I'm going to leave it for now.

And I'm bracing myself for all of the "Start Peterman" threads.  Only an idiot would think that a QB change would make any difference on this team.  

It's not a very talented group.  Our entire linebacker core is slow and two are on the wrong side of 30.  Our DTs both need replacing, they have held back our ends.  It's not hard to figure out...it's not a very talented group.  But a lot of draft picks and free agents will fix that.  Most of the players don't fit the scheme...so...there's that.  

Tyrod had a fairly clean pocket yesterday.  We rushed for a decent ypg, 15 carries for 69 yards.  Yet, he couldn't pass for over 60 yards...that's embarrassing.  We have Benjamin and had Clay back.  Peterman looked better than Tyrod in preseason and still looks better than him now.  The guy can throw an accurate pass from 10-25 yards.  The only reason to not make the switch is Tyrod well liked in the locker room.  They don't want to lose the locker room over benching a team leader in the middle of a wild card hunt.  If we lose like this again though, you betcha he'll be pulled.  

When I was a kid, my brother and I would always get a football board game for Christmas (pre-video game kids!).  And there was ALWAYS a glitch in the 'programming' of every game.  It took a while but you could always find the one play that you could run over and over and the defense just couldn't ever stop it.  Once you found that play, the board game was pretty much ruined!   That's what I was thinking while watching the Saints run the ball straight up the middle for 12 consecutive plays!  What a mess!

15 hours ago, RussBrandon said:

The reporters covering the Bills won't say it because they still have to have access to the players, but the Bills' defense has quit.  Period.  The Saints game was characterized by tackling that would get guys benched on a high school team. Sure Marcel Dareus is gone, but you ARE allowed to replace him with another player.  It seems that there was nobody home on the D line all day. 

The missed tackles happened in the secondary.  Before that the Bills consistently failed to make contact with the runner at the line of scrimmage.

The drive that ended in the Brees touchdown was the single most amazing drive I have ever seen in many years of watching football.  They were ripping off 10 yards on every play when the Bills knew what was coming.

I've been thinking of replacing my Stadium Wall pic because the dumpster fire seemed to have gone away with Rex and Whaley but I'm going to leave it for now.

And I'm bracing myself for all of the "Start Peterman" threads.  Only an idiot would think that a QB change would make any difference on this team.  

I am one of the start peterman guys, not because he will fix everything but just because im tired of watching TT. Lets get some real answers in terms of our offense. 

3 hours ago, BigPappy said:

This team has just been gashed on the ground two weeks in a row. I guess that Dareus trade is not looking so smart right about now. I get why they traded him from a "team" perspective and all that, but the run defense is not the same without him. By all accounts the kid is a tool, but he did have talent and often got double teamed when he was lined up. Just saying.....

....yup, the Dareus trade allows us to SOLELY attribute giving up 500yds  rushing to just that......oft injured and playing less than 40% of the snaps.....makes PERFECT sense......

9 hours ago, BuffaloBill said:

I can’t believe this is a thread.....

I can, we are fans we are supposed to be irrational and overreact.

9 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

....yup, the Dareus trade allows us to SOLELY attribute giving up 500yds  rushing to just that......oft injured and playing less than 40% of the snaps.....makes PERFECT sense......

Thank you, finally someone mentioned this.  

8 hours ago, NoSaint said:

I don’t think that describes as many as you think it does on the financial side. Even if just a job, most very much stress over keeping that job.

You also don't last long in the NFL if you don't care. Major sports leagues do a pretty good job of weeding out the not-caring types. 

10 hours ago, Billzgobowlin said:

Sustained offense drives every once in a while wouldn't hurt but these LBs are not starters.  Consider McDerm's last job he had Davis and Kuechly and now he has Humber and Preston.  

This is the biggest issue right now I think.  I actually thought Ragland would have fit better

2 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

When I was a kid, my brother and I would always get a football board game for Christmas (pre-video game kids!).  And there was ALWAYS a glitch in the 'programming' of every game.  It took a while but you could always find the one play that you could run over and over and the defense just couldn't ever stop it.  Once you found that play, the board game was pretty much ruined!   That's what I was thinking while watching the Saints run the ball straight up the middle for 12 consecutive plays!  What a mess!

That sad fact was 24 consecutive run plays....24.  That is the equivalent of 8 Bills drives!!!

It's almost like there is a magic switch that turns the entire team into trash when the calendar turns to Novmeber.

Regardless of whether or not the defense has quit, it's pretty clear we are in need of a complete overhaul of the front seven.

KW is finished and obviously not going to be back next year.

I think Preston Brown is a FA but wouldn't resign him for the vet minimum at this point. Both Alexander and Humber are simply aging vets whose feel good stories are over.

Jerry Hughes has probably been the biggest disappointment of all though and for all the talk he needed to be back in the 4-3 to flourish that's out the window since he's done absolutely nothing since the first month of the season.

I think the DBs (especially Hyde) are tackling very well.  They aren't doing the shoulder bump like Gilmore used to do.  They are wrapping up legs and bringing people down.

The bad news is that if DBs are making open field tackles, then the other team's offense has just gained several yards.

Did not get to watch game but from sound it appeared Bills fans also quit on the team.

The poor opening drives to start of game and start of second half is no surprise to me for the seats were often empty with fans getting food, drinks, using bathroom or tried to catch a smoke (even when illegal) at start of game and half when I last went to stadium and I doubt it has changed.