Anyone watch tyrods post game?

Steptide

37 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Ok.  Lets look at that shall we.  

There is at least a dozen teams looking for their next QB.    Who will be left for the Bills to draft in the 1st round with out giving up 5 draft picks? 

If history is guide, then trading a fleet of picks, a la both Philly and LA in 2016, is definitely tihe right way to go.

12 minutes ago, KW95 said:

Is that what he said?

If so, he's a jackass

He's jackass for saying that he plays for his coaches, teammates, and family....?

A little sensitive he didn't mention fans? Are these the same fans that have been trying to run him out of town since he got here? Ah. Got it.

Not sensitive at all..when things are honky dory, the owners and players never forget about the fans.

When things are crappy, you should never forget the fans as well.

You know, the people that use some of their middle class salaries to support players making millions and millions of dollars.

Screw Tyrod after that comment if he said he doesn't play for the fans.

14 hours ago, SaviorPeterman said:

Yes I want Taylor gone and dying for a switch to Peterson, but I do feel bad for Taylor and will never question the hard work and dedication he has to this team.

But like most failed in this QB's in this league, hard work and leadership can't compensate for the lack of intangibles needed to succeed in this league.

There's a reason why the guy was a 6th round pick and backup in Baltimore and now it's time to find out if Peterman is the same type of guy or perhaps the next steal.

Oh god not !@#$ing intangibles again.  There is nothing intangible about it.  Taylor is short, not a consistently accurate passer, holds onto the ball too long, and his first instinct is to pull the ball down and run.  He would be a very adequate backup in the NFL, but not a starter.  All tangible.

14 hours ago, Steptide said:

I think the scheme is only horrendous because Taylor makes it that way. He's not supposed to hold onto the ball for 3 or 4 seconds. Peterman gets the ball out alot quicker. Get the pass game going and you open things up for shady. Is it really a coincidence that Peterman comes in and puts  up 80 yards in 3 mins? 

14 hours ago, Happy Gilmore said:

During garbage time, when NO was nursing a 34 point, I wouldn't read too much into Peterman's performance.  Could be completely different if Peterman started from minute 1 in the first quarter.

I think you're both spot on. I think TT has shown since preseason that he is not a timing type thrower. He needs to be mobile and find the guy open while scrambling. That seems to be where he has most success. Peterman on the other hand came in a did exactly what he did in the preseason. He took command as a rookie and placed the ball accurately and quickly. I think Jordan Mathews was surprised at one point that the ball actually got to him on time. Now, like what you're saying HG, this could be garbage time play, but I like what this rookie just did coming off the bench. He had almost no time with Kelvin Benjamin either, but hit the dude on two consecutive plays for 33 yds. I doubt he would play like garbage with a full week in preparation as the starter though. In my -not so expert- opinion, I think he's worth a hard look.

GO BILLS!

1 hour ago, ROONDOGG55 said:

I think you're both spot on. I think TT has shown since preseason that he is not a timing type thrower. He needs to be mobile and find the guy open while scrambling. That seems to be where he has most success. Peterman on the other hand came in a did exactly what he did in the preseason. He took command as a rookie and placed the ball accurately and quickly. I think Jordan Mathews was surprised at one point that the ball actually got to him on time. Now, like what you're saying HG, this could be garbage time play, but I like what this rookie just did coming off the bench. He had almost no time with Kelvin Benjamin either, but hit the dude on two consecutive plays for 33 yds. I doubt he would play like garbage with a full week in preparation as the starter though. In my -not so expert- opinion, I think he's worth a hard look.

GO BILLS!

This is a good observation.  After sleeping on it, I think the coaching staff has a decision to make:  If Tyrod is the starter, either stop with the quick, timing routes and make the offense into a college-type, spread offense.  This is the only offense Tyrod can run.  Otherwise, if the coaching staff insists in utilizing the Kubiak/Dennison offense, maybe put Peterman in.

I hesitate for option 2 (Kubiak/Dennison offense) because he is a rookie.  I know he's shown potential, but potential in scrimmages and garbage time.  It is a big risk starting Peterman at this point.  McDermott has proven to be very conservative.

1 hour ago, KW95 said:

Not sensitive at all..when things are honky dory, the owners and players never forget about the fans.

When things are crappy, you should never forget the fans as well.

You know, the people that use some of their middle class salaries to support players making millions and millions of dollars.

Screw Tyrod after that comment if he said he doesn't play for the fans.

Your $75 ticket isn't really paying anything other than the rent and upkeep on New Era stadium.  The players get paid by the networks, for the most part.

8 minutes ago, Happy Gilmore said:

This is a good observation.  After sleeping on it, I think the coaching staff has a decision to make:  If Tyrod is the starter, either stop with the quick, timing routes and make the offense into a college-type, spread offense.  This is the only offense Tyrod can run.  Otherwise, if the coaching staff insists in utilizing the Kubiak/Dennison offense, maybe put Peterman in.

I hesitate for option 2 (Kubiak/Dennison offense) because he is a rookie.  I know he's shown potential, but potential in scrimmages and garbage time.  It is a big risk starting Peterman at this point.  McDermott has proven to be very conservative.

I really like TT and have for quite some time, but we're not using his abilities like we should be. The spread offense would suit him better with a lot of option runs and PA screen passes. That style of offense (similar to KC's) would turn TT's world upside-down in such a positive way. The problem is that we're not willing to make those adjustments. So, in that case we should turn it over to a guy that can operate this system the way they want it operated. I mean, I can see why they're holding on to TT as the starter because if he throws the ball effectively and extends plays with his feet, it's something special. So special that it's almost unstoppable. The problem is that it will never happen on a consistent basis.

As for them actually making the move, I don't think it will happen until we are below .500. This staff will follow the same blueprint as everyone else, and wait until total collapse before a change is made. Just wish they would think outside of the box and do what is right for this team before it is too late. Whether it is change the scheme or change the starters, you have to consistently evolve during the season.

I’m not a big TT fan but this is the dumbest reason to try and bash him. A lot fans are idiots.  He’s better off not listening to them.  There are fans who couldn’t care less about you the second you’re off the team.

and believe it or not, most athletes feel like this.  He shouldn’t have said it but he probably was just really frustrated.

Taylor likes to project the me against the world thing, as is evidence by his own teammates even saying we want to win for him because he has it harder than "other" QB's. I think it was Clay who said that, I can find the quote.

7 years later...perhaps if he realized its actually him against the opposing defense he would look a little more focused on Sundays. The opposition lines up across the line of scrimmage, it doesn't sit in the stands.

With how terrible our offense was today I can't put this blowout on the defense. They were in all game and were winded by half time. We need to be able to sustain drives and at least get a few first downs to give the defense a breather. The Gap control and pushing the pocket back technique used by the Saints and even the Jets last week has given a blueprint to teams on how to make Tyrod ineffective. His inability to get the ball out quickly is killing our offense.

16 hours ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

I hate to admit it, but on the play with the late hit and holding, when the announcer said Tyrod was hurt, I was hoping he would be out for the game. Not because I dislike him, but because I really want to see what Peterman is before the season is over. A couple of drives in garbage time is not a good indicator.

gotta admit i was hoping for at least a series or two.

21 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

This coach is NOT going to change his QB at 5-4 and the 6th seed of the playoff race

I remember the 49ers did something like that with Alex Smith and Kaepernick, but it may have been injury related?  I can't recall.  Also Kaepernick had been with the team for a year and a half at that point.  

2 hours ago, buffalobloodfloridahome said:

With how terrible our offense was today I can't put this blowout on the defense. They were in all game and were winded by half time. We need to be able to sustain drives and at least get a few first downs to give the defense a breather. The Gap control and pushing the pocket back technique used by the Saints and even the Jets last week has given a blueprint to teams on how to make Tyrod ineffective. His inability to get the ball out quickly is killing our offense.

If you want to push the pocket then i'll spread 4 wide and roll shotgun.  Pockets are deeper creating more seams for running and passing, as well as making it easier to buy time.  The formula to stop whatever we're doing is out there.  So... do something different.  You can't get the Outside zone working... soooo maybe don't run it?

3 hours ago, buffalobloodfloridahome said:

The defense was terrible from the first play onward. The Saints marched up and down the field on every possession. *They did not punt.*