Every Dareus hater, APOLOGIZE

CanadianFan

I knew that we were going to see a difference....not specifically because it was Marcel but because you dont take a player you pay 100 million dollars to....trade him and not have a player behind him that is playing just as well

They went from Marcel to Adolphus who has not shown even an inkling of being about to play at a starter level yet.....

Today happened because our DL got pushed around.....badly

I have always said that Dareus has the god given talent to be the best DT to ever play the game. The guy has gone through a lot of horrible tragedies in his life. He is a good player but when you add in that contract with the fact that he was one strike away from close to a full season suspension I think the Bills made the only move they could in trading him.

I would like to see him one year come into a season without dealing with an injury in the offseason and in peak form. If he does he will be in the pro bowl easily.

2 hours ago, Rocbillsfan1 said:

This leads me to believe that McBeane made a huge error in talent assestment and thought the other guys on the line could just come in and carry the load and they have shown to be absolutely garbage the last two weeks. This scares me about him evaluating other positions in the future.

You said it. It's not just a bad trade. It's BAD JUDGEMENT. It casts doubt on his ability to do this job well.

2 hours ago, THEHARDTRUTH said:

Mcbeane made exactly the right decision. You dont pay average players 16 million a season. Dareus was getting paid for his first five years in the league. Not his last two plus.

this is the 'cutting off your nose to spite your face' - it clearly made our team worse during a critical playoff push. They had no intention of keeping Dareus from day 1, which means to me that there was no effort to 'get him on board'. Might work out in the long run, but it hurts us real bad now. Our season is likely over now.

Edited by klos63

4 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

How did the Run Defense look with Dareus?

Isnt that more important in a playoff fighting year over a 6th that you could have gotten in the offseason after this year anyway?

Even if Dareus were here how is the offense going to score enough to win the last two games? 3 points today before garbage time. 7 points against the Jets before garbage time. Even if Dareus would have made a positive impact on defense, no way it would have been enough to get us close to a win in these last two games.

11 minutes ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Nope.

We need Marcy's play and getting a 6th blows  But we will be better off in the long run.

Long run?  Saw lots of them in the last two weeks as the defense crumbles.  

Five+ new Tyrod threads and one on Peterman starting on a day when the Bills gave up 298 yards rushing.  :lol:

Edited by 26CornerBlitz
  • Like (+1) 1

Marcel played in plenty of high rushing days but definitely they miss him more than I’d have thought possible given his limited snap count. 

This defense has flat quit in the past two weeks. It’s awful. The 93 yard all rush drive was almost he worst single drive I’ve seen a defense have. 

Edited by BeginnersMind

4 hours ago, mjd1001 said:

I admit the D-line is worse, and of course has less depth without him. However, in the long run I think they are better off without him and his contract. Still happy with the move in the long run.

We've been hearing the "in the long run I think they are better off without him" excuse for most of this century whenever the Bills have shed a good/great player for whatever stupid reason their "brain trust" had at the time, almost none of which had anything to do with how well said player actually played.  Well, like country singer Alan Jackson said in his song "Someday" about the woman telling her man adios:  "...sometimes someday just never comes" ... and that sure sums up the situation facing Bills' fans: how much longer are they going to maintain serious interest -- investing their time and money --  in a team that isn't interested enough in winning to  put winning teams on the field more than once a decade.

14 minutes ago, JM2009 said:

The Saints averaged 14.2 yards per rush when the Bills had 8 or more defenders in the box.

Embarrassing, Disgusting., Putrid, Terrible, Awful, and Definitely not #PlayoffCaliber.  #DefendOURDirt My Ass!

Edited by 26CornerBlitz