Every Dareus hater, APOLOGIZE

CanadianFan

Weve been gashed plenty with Dareus...sure losing him doesn't help but the rest of the Dline is under preforming, Kyles declined, Shaq is doing his best Ryan Denny, and where has Jerry Hughes been???? Not to mention our line backers are absolutely awful in the run game 

Weve been gashed plenty with Dareus...sure losing him doesn't help but the rest of the Dline is under preforming, Kyles declined, Shaq is doing his best Ryan Denny, and where has Jerry Hughes been???? Not to mention our line backers are absolutely awful in the run game 

32 minutes ago, Real McCoy said:

2 weeks in a row Jax Run D has played great when being last in the league (Pre Dareus) giving up less than 100 total yards in 2 games combined (Post Dareus).

What changed? What's funny, I was told that good DT's are not needed and that having a anchor in the middle of the D-line controlling running lane gaps was a waste of money.

SMH

Reminds me of the bull **** they fed us when they got rid of Pat Williams. 

• Like (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, CanadianFan said:

Apologize now, if you didn't you know-nothing haters. Your bile makes this fandom toxic. Worse than Chernobyl.

For what?  Being happy we dumped the bloated contract of a guy who played maybe 40% of the defensive snaps and was one drug suspension away from missing the season?  

Can you apologize for trying to be an “I told you so” posters?  Both seem equally offensive. 

33 minutes ago, mjd1001 said:

I admit the D-line is worse, and of course has less depth without him. However, in the long run I think they are better off without him and his contract. Still happy with the move in the long run.

But now this season is a waste... again.

9 minutes ago, aceman_16 said:

I 100% agree it is a "night and day difference" HOWEVER so hasn't the bad tackling been a major difference. If one goes to when Dareus was on the team - the defense run statistics weren't that much different from when he was in the game or out. IF we extrapolate that information... it would sort of show pretty close to zero correlation with Dareus and our defensive run game.

I am not a Dareus hater NOR I am sad he is gone. I just think people look for easy answers when things do not go well and all the "hot takes" without further analysts shows. But I guess that is what makes a forum a forum!

Tackling is a concern no doubt.

We have been rushed against almost 100 times the last 2 weeks now for a reason. We took the strength of our D which was holding teams around 3 yds a carry and forcing them to pass. Our D strength was actually our secondary (forcing picks) which is gone now.

The rest of the season will be the same here out. Just depressing, tough day to be a fan.

Edited by Real McCoy

1 minute ago, Real McCoy said:

So your cool with 250yds on the ground per game here out?

I mean it’s a total hypothetical but..

had Dareus played for us today, how many rushing yards would we have given up?

Would he really have made that much of a difference? 

29 minutes ago, simool said:

Apologize for what? His inability to not smoke pot, race cars, break rules, and his inability to play up to his contract.  Seriously?

oh piss off for !@#$s sake

none of those things matter. He was a good player that helped us win games. Get your TRUMP agenda out of here

9 minutes ago, Idandria said:

Very tough to say and can only go over prior 7 weeks this year were we only gave up 90yds a game rushing. Dareus was rotated in on running downs.

I know your watching the game and we are getting completely gashed up the middle now, that did not happen before.

I think it would have made a huge difference as the opposing O cord would have called a completely different game plan after getting stuffed a few time early up the middle.

Edited by Real McCoy
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Idandria said:

We might have given up 250 instead of 300.

Would Dareus have made a difference?  Probably a little.  When you get torched as bad as we did, our problems are more than one player.

4 minutes ago, Yeezus said:

oh piss off for !@#$s sake

none of those things matter. He was a good player that helped us win games. Get your TRUMP agenda out of here

Trump? Where the hell do you get that?  I have voted for either Libertarians or Ron Paul for every presidential election I have voted in. Of course I dont broadcast my politics like you just did, so gold star for you snowflake.

Piss off? Personally if I am paying someone to do a job and there are rules associated and agreed upon with that job, and they break them... I am going to warn them, then when  they break them again I am going to fire them. Welcome to the real world.

Edited by simool

Just now, Real McCoy said:

Very tough to say and can only go over prior 7 weeks this year were we only gave up like 90yds a game, he was rotated in on running downs. I know your watching the game and we are getting completely gashed up the middle now and that did not happen before.

I think it would have made a huge difference as the opposing O cord would have called a completely different game plan after getting stuffed a few time early up the middle.

We were gashed everywhere...not just the middle.