Every Dareus hater, APOLOGIZE

CanadianFan

6 minutes ago, jmc12290 said:

We could have met his demands, but we didn't.

That’s fake news. He tried to double down on the contract and it didn’t work. He thought he’d get $4M from the Bills and the same from the Jets. He would have been the highest paid coach in football if his plan worked. 

Just now, Kirby Jackson said:

That’s fake news. He tried to double down on the contract and it didn’t work. He thought he’d get $4M from the Bills and the same from the Jets. He would have been the highest paid coach in football if his plan worked. 

He demanded an extension for himself and his staff or he would walk.  You think if the Bills gave him that, he still would've walked?  Interesting thought, but I disagree,

Just now, jmc12290 said:

He demanded an extension for himself and his staff or he would walk.  You think if the Bills gave him that, he still would've walked?  Interesting thought, but I disagree,

That’s bs, he was trying to get paid by both teams. The Bills were idiots for the way they structured the contract but St. Doug was only concerned with St. Doug.

30 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Nope, I call them like I see them. Exactly what I feared would happen, happened. I’ve always said that you can’t just jettison talent because you don’t like the personality. It is a mix. The Bills have been punished for a terrible decision. It was bad at the time and looks worse now.

Feel free to look at his performance post 100 million dollar deal and tell me he was worth that kind of money. I could use a good laugh right about now. 

4 minutes ago, THEHARDTRUTH said:

Feel free to look at his performance post 100 million dollar deal and tell me he was worth that kind of money. I could use a good laugh right about now. 

Watch the run defense today and pretend you know what you are talking about.

2 minutes ago, jmc12290 said:

\Now That's What I Call Music!

That’s not even info. Everyone knows that. He thought he had the Jets job and the Bills were paying him regardless of what he did. 

They traded Dareus in order to get rid of his contract. There was zero reason to do this in the middle of a playoff run. Yes he wasn't living up to his contract but it's hard to say that he was playing awful, he just was playing like an average DLman which made everyone mad. Add up his offield troubles and I get whey you want to get rid  of him in the offseason, but it was a 100% mistake to get rid of this player in the middle of the year.

This leads me to believe that McBeane made a huge error in talent assestment and thought the other guys on the line could just come in and carry the load and they have shown to be absolutely garbage the last two weeks. This scares me about him evaluating othe positions in the future.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, THEHARDTRUTH said:

Answer the question! Explain how hes worth 16 million a year!

When you already paid it?!? Do you understand how the cap works?!? They are eating a ton of dead money on Dareus. That was my issue with the trade. He had to remain on your roster through next year. It was FOOLISH to dump him. 

1 minute ago, Rocbillsfan1 said:

They traded Dareus in order to get rid of his contract. There was zero reason to do this in the middle of a playoff run. Yes he wasn't living up to his contract but it's hard to say that he was playing awful, he just was playing like an average DLman which made everyone mad. Add up his offield troubles and I get whey you want to get rid  of him in the offseason, but it was a 100% mistake to get rid of this player in the middle of the year.

This leads me to believe that McBeane made a huge error in talent assestment and thought the other guys on the line could just come in and carry the load and they have shown to be absolutely garbage the last two weeks. This scares me about him evaluating othe positions in the future.

Mcbeane made exactly the right decision. You dont pay average players 16 million a season. Dareus was getting paid for his first five years in the league. Not his last two plus.

Just now, Rocbillsfan1 said:

I do think there's a little something to this. Clearly dumping Dareus was more about the future; McBeanes couldn't have thought that the Thornton-Worthy-Adolphus trio could perform even up to the unmotivated Dareus level.  But I do think that when McD started phasing a healthy Dareus out (in favor of Thornton), he became convinced that the dropoff wasn't that huge ... kind of a hill and not a cliff.  We now know better.  It's a cliff.  Not because Dareus was still great (as in 2014 great); because Thornton-Worthy-Adolphus are really that bad.